User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Clio cup racer #34 SOLD

Postby eastlmark » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:01 am

Clio cup race car. #34 of the original 34 that started the Clio cup series in 2000. Ex Bob Smith/ Martin Byford car in largely original condition. Sadev sequential 6 speed gearbox with flat shift (rebuilt at SWR last summer). Helix paddle clutch new in 2014. Pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace (original cup racer parts included). Side and rear window replaced with Lexan lightweight (original glass included). FIA extinguisher and harness new in 2012. Car re shelled and re-engined around 2005, very little use between 2006 and 2012 when I bought the car. Cam belt fitted 2012. SMESEC championship class win in 2013 and loads of sprint/hillclimb class wins. Overall, body & paint in great shape with just the odd dent and scratch from racing. Sold with 16 total wheels, all powder coated with useable tyres, (slicks, Michelin Wets, Toyo 888's, Dunlop Direzzas.) Car now back with headlamp blanks as original but sold with headlamps that can be fitted and working in 20 minutes including induction kit in left side light. (See photos). Lots of spares including freshly rebuilt Bilstein front shocks. Ready to go in CSCC New millennium , sprints or great trackday car. AIM data logger and trackside beacon displaying lap time in car. Not road legal!

£10995
LaVieEnBleu59of75.jpg

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Re: Clio cup racer #34

Postby PaulC1959 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:54 pm

What gives Mark, no more racing or looking for something else to race?
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:13 pm

394173.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

r5turbo2

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:51 pm

stamford

Postby r5turbo2 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:38 pm

Tempting
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:25 am

eastlmark wrote:
394173.jpg

New toy, ::S ::W ::E ::E ::T :up
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:12 pm

sold! off to sunny Belgium for this one. :down
no avatar
User

andy97

Rank

Non Member

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Clio cup racer #34 SOLD

Postby andy97 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:41 am

Mark, how does the X85 compare to the earlier car?

You and I compared notes on PH about them, and the comparable lap times in the Clio Cup, but my "knowledge" is only second hand via an instructor friend of mine and TSL!

Just interested in your view of the newer car. Are you still racing in CSCC in 2017? I will be out in my 944T in a few Future Classics races.

I can't afford a Clio Cup as well, but I do think they might be very good cars in the 750mc 2 hour Club Enduro series! One day I hope that I will get to drive a proper sequential box racer!
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:45 pm

andy97 wrote:Mark, how does the X85 compare to the earlier car?

You and I compared notes on PH about them, and the comparable lap times in the Clio Cup, but my "knowledge" is only second hand via an instructor friend of mine and TSL!

Just interested in your view of the newer car. Are you still racing in CSCC in 2017? I will be out in my 944T in a few Future Classics races.

I can't afford a Clio Cup as well, but I do think they might be very good cars in the 750mc 2 hour Club Enduro series! One day I hope that I will get to drive a proper sequential box racer!

Hi Andy, I think you opened my eyes up to the speed of the old car... Defo the new car is a better chassis, its only power to weight that is missing and in the wet I would pick the old car no question. We got well and truly thrashed by an old 172 (ie non cup racer) in the wet at Cadwell and I mean 3 secs a lap slower on similar (as you know from CSCC) tyres. I am not sure even with a better wet set up we could have beat that car (although we passed it on the first corner!) and, in theory, our old cup racer would have been just as quick with less power. In the dry though, the new car feels less on the edge and could handle more power easily.
What is better though is a ready supply of spares which was not the case with the old car although that could start to change soon if Renault sport stop supporting the car at some point.
Not decided on a program yet for next year. Wanted to get Riku out against some similar cars and shorter races if poss but CSCC is still on the agenda if nothing else pans out. If a few more similar cars entered NM we would probably stay. We did enjoy being out with modern classics at Oulton Park!
no avatar
User

andy97

Rank

Non Member

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Postby andy97 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:25 pm

Mark, many thanks for that, very interesting to see that the newer car is judged to handle better.

I have seen an X85 advertised in endurance trim (not that I can even contemplate it!) with 240 bhp on throttle bodies, maybe that's an option?

Hope to meet up at cscc meetings sometime, and I hope that a few more cars come out to play in your New Millenium class. It should be a good class for Clio Cup cars, Ginetta G40s etc.

• Advertisement