User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

RATS'/Faulk's bolt-on power

Postby clee » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:10 pm

We've been sorting through the parts bin and have one package left from stock .
Faulksie modified Renix ECU on exchange basis.The board is modified to accept new chip that can be reprogrammed for further upgrades and developments .
Larger T3 billet turbo on 0.48 exhaust housing
Larger 330cc injectors
Fine tuning would be of some benefit to suit any other mods you have,chargecooling etc but this package will bolt on and perform from day 1.

DIY price .All quite straightforward to do in a day £2100 .

This is the only Renix based performance upgrade available .There is no one else in the UK or Europe that can offer this and we have years of testing and results to back it up with some 10 + UK cars running this in various stages of tune and the results are well documented .
PDF of results shows before and after results a week apart .I'm sure Terry64 won't mind me using his car as an example as this is the closest to std car to have the upgrade and has before and after data to support .
It also shows the benefit of a bit of RR time to fine tune as the brown line after run shows a bit of a flat spot that was then resolved .This was down to a leaky throttle body seal.

WP_20150320_002_zpsoc3ytuth.jpg

AlpineFinal.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Re: RATS'/Faulk's bolt-on power

Postby simontaylor » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:32 pm

That looks like a very nice amount of Torque :-)
I'm sure it shifts "rather well".
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:35 pm

It's had cams since and a remap since
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:32 pm

If I was keeping the GTA, I would be fitting this??? Maybe if a new possible buyer is watching.... then this is the time to say!!
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Well.......your new lump is going together with low comp pistons and a higher lift cam so be silly not to :up
I have enough parts for another fully rebuilt 2.5 crossbolt engine with strengthened bottom end ,recut valves etc ,etc .
no avatar
User

terry64

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Wolverhampton, West Midlands

Postby terry64 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:21 am

[quote="clee"]We've been sorting through the parts bin and have one package left from stock .
Faulksie modified Renix ECU on exchange basis.The board is modified to accept new chip that can be reprogrammed for further upgrades and developments .
Larger T3 billet turbo on 0.48 exhaust housing
Larger 330cc injectors
Fine tuning would be of some benefit to suit any other mods you have,chargecooling etc but this package will bolt on and perform from day 1.

DIY price .All quite straightforward to do in a day £2100 .

This is the only Renix based performance upgrade available .There is no one else in the UK or Europe that can offer this and we have years of testing and results to back it up with some 10 + UK cars running this in various stages of tune and the results are well documented .
PDF of results shows before and after results a week apart .I'm sure Terry64 won't mind me using his car as an example as this is the closest to std car to have the upgrade and has before and after data to support .
It also shows the benefit of a bit of RR time to fine tune as the brown line after run shows a bit of a flat spot that was then resolved .This was down to a leaky throttle body seal.

WP_20150320_002_zpsoc3ytuth.jpg

AlpineFinal.pdf
[/quoteall

No problem at all Lee. Happy for you to use any data from my car any time you like. You've driven the car after the cams and remap and know what it goes like. I'm more than pleased with it and reckon there's plenty of power for me to deal with without having to modify brakes, suspension etc, in other words keeping the car as standard as possible

• Advertisement