User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Re: Wanted : Spider Wheels and sport (twin/quad) exhaust

Postby eastlmark » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:05 am

Ian, the one on mine is a Scorpion made one. Although they don't list it as I am guessing it was custom made, them may still have details and plans so worth a shot to see it they can make one. 1 twin exposed tail pipe but sounds good.
https://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

SwagSupercarsDad

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:36 pm

Postby SwagSupercarsDad » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:14 am

Cheers, Mark. Maybe I'll give 'em a call to find out - when I've 5 minutes spare!
... with a Little ::Y ::E ::L ::L ::O ::W
::S ::P ::I ::D ::E ::R - and that was nice! :D
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:55 pm

SwagSupercarsDad wrote:
rupert wrote:I had one made by Pheonix Exhausts .... Identical exhaust exit - the stealth downpipe - the multiple tailpipe designs didn't do much for me.

OK, Rupert, so are you saying that your main reason for the change of exhaust system was to improve performance, rather than engine sound, and that you achieved that even with the "stealth downpipe"?
Ian

I had the whole system replaced, manifold and pipe.
There's a lot less obstruction in the larger bore pipe so noisier for sure - I don't think it is possible to get a nice metallic buzz from the F7R engine which is renowned for sounding a bit dead.
I have a clio williams engine to be rebuilt and go into the car at some point in the dim and distant so I wanted something that would still work with that.
For me it was all about performance design: long straight primaries, tuned secondaries, sports cat, but I'm not worried about the actual sound it makes - though anything would be better than the stock pipe!
User

davidmt

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Postby davidmt » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Ian - I am on holiday later this week but when I get back I will upload the photos of my wheels and tyres. They have been professionally refurbished before I bought the car with new tyres. I immediately removed them and put on larger brakes and new wheels/tyres. They have been in the shed now for a year and I have not looked at them!

I will never put them back on although did plan to keep them with the car so some future owner could change them if required. However I am not sure my car will ever be original given the changes that have been done or planned so on balance would be prepared to sell the wheels and tyres for the right price :up
Previous

• Advertisement