User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

TRX GTA front tyres..

Postby Dave Williams » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:36 pm

These are super rare....the V rated ones....

Still have my TRX wheels..love those splines... tempted...but the rears are £320 each ...ouch...
And these on EBay must be at least 10 years old...maybe 15... guessing.

no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: TRX GTA front tyres..

Postby Custard » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:58 pm

I remember those good tyres in there day, the problem is they would have gone hard, never realised until we had some tyre people staying with us that tyres even from that era where starting to have a lot of plastic compound added, tyres over 7 years old would have lost most of there original performance.
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Re: TRX GTA front tyres..

Postby Dave Williams » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Indeed...tyres dont improve with age.

My atmo was on TRX when I bought her..and handled nicely....but the sidewalls were cracked.

Michelin did remake the rears..but i don't think the V rated fronts.. luckily I found some BBS wheels to replace...
I'm loathed to scrap the metric wheels ...but they are taking valuable space..although could be useful if I want to send off the 15inch BBS wheels for refurb (these are looking tired)

Coffee table maybe with the old wheels but not sure that would gain the necessary approval for objects brought into the house...

• Advertisement