no avatar
User

alistairranger

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 06, 2017 4:39 pm

GTA for sale

Postby alistairranger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:35 pm

This is my lovely Renault Alpine GTA, The car was resprayed about two years ago so looks great, no blistering or marks of any kind, it also goes great and a new exhaust makes it sound incredible too, when I bought the GTA the chap said the ecu was remapped go give around 250 bhp but did not supply any paperwork to support this, but I can say it gets down the road quickly when asked. The leather interior is nice with little sign of wear and a new head lining adds to the cockpits bright feel. The car has an MOT until May 2018 and has done around 63,000, the speedo does need fixing and my auto electrician said it need a new sender from gearbox Part No 181071 from Simon auto, I have been using satnav to gage speed, the heater fan also needs looking at, my auto elc chap says this is reasonable simple as the fan is in front under bonnet and easily accessible. The person who had the car before me put a modern radio and cd holder into the car, if I was keeping the car I would have gone back to original, would look nicer. The reason I bought this car was to find out if I liked them, AND I LOVED IT, and more importantly my girlfriend does too, so this is being sold to let me take on an Alpine GTA project car and a 25 V6 Turbo I wanted.
You can give me a call on 07979718872 if you have any questions, I would like offers around £6,800.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Re: GTA for sale

Postby Tony Smith » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Looks very cheap, have seen dross in the last few months for not much less. RE the remap, only cat equipped GTAs had mappable GTAs and don't recall ever seeing a pre '91 car with one. More likely to be a mod to the ECU to remove the boost limit. The boost is then increased a couple of PSi. Usually gives 220-230 bhp on a healthy car. Hard to tell from the angle but looks like it might have a bigger turbo than standard too.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:28 pm

If it's running std injectors then it won't be anyting like 200 let alone 250.......Looks a good car on the surface and would agree too cheap if rot is minimal.
User

LesC

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:04 pm

South Wales

Postby LesC » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Have to point out that this was mine and some may recall my previous posts.
Check mileage and although there was a suggestion in some paperwork that a Superchip had been fitted in the '90s there Was no physical proof. It would only have added 30 BHP and boost raised by about 14psi. Generally though the car is/was in good order.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:23 pm

I thought I recognised the registration :D
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:01 am

Superchips just did the same mod as BBR it's a boost limit removed and a mechanical boost tweak, often accompanied by an adjustable fuel pressure reg to get a bit more fuel in. Have seen 227 BHP on rolling road from this mod - Shadis white turbo. I saw 250 something on Van Aaken Developments rollers on standard injectors on my old 2.5 before I put the 3.0 litre in. Running an extra bar in the fuel rail and 16-17 PSi boost on a hybrid turbo with chargecooler. Long time ago now and was probably an optimistic set rollers but I'm sure I still have the print out somewhere - would have been early 90's!!
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:23 am

Buy it back Les!
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)

• Advertisement