Shutit

Rank

Non Member

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Limerick, Ireland

Wanted: glovebox lock/catch GTA

Postby Shutit » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi All,
I recently had a want ad for parts for my GTA, got most bits now thanks to the forum and Simon parts, but am still on the lookout for a glovebox lock. Does anyone have one? Will take a complete lid with the lock too. I don’t want to start modifying the lid to fit an alternative lock but might come to that.
Anyone have a Renault part number for it or know if it is in another model?
Thanks all!
Cheers
Eddie
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: Wanted: glovebox lock/catch GTA

Postby mettersl » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Eddie,
The lock isn't listed on its own for GTA, it comes in the new lock set. 6001015402 or 6000007444 without the ignition lock. As its a 60 part number, that means alpine specific. However if its a barrel you want, its probably common to similar age renaults.
Looks like its a real, matched to the key, so you will need to dismantle it and either remove (so works with any key) or modify the tumblers to work with your key.
Suspect your best bet would be the breaker in Devon (see ebay) and see if they still have the glove box or the lock didn't melt.
no avatar
User

alpine744

Rank

Non Member

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Postby alpine744 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Shutit wrote:Hi All,
I recently had a want ad for parts for my GTA, got most bits now thanks to the forum and Simon parts, but am still on the lookout for a glovebox lock. Does anyone have one? Will take a complete lid with the lock too. I don’t want to start modifying the lid to fit an alternative lock but might come to that.
Anyone have a Renault part number for it or know if it is in another model?
Thanks all!
Cheers
Eddie

Hi Eddie
The glove box lock was not supplied by Renault as a separate item but only as part of a lock set. They did 2 sets, one comprising the 2 door lock barrels and the glove box lock (part number 6000007444) and one comprising the same plus the ignition lock (6001015402). As far as I'm aware, this glove box lock isn't used on any other model but possibly other members have found alternatives.

Craig
no avatar
User

Shutit

Rank

Non Member

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Limerick, Ireland

Postby Shutit » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies and part numbers. I see Simon is advertising lock sets for the GTA, will message him and see what it consists of regarding the glove box. I need the full lock for it. At present I just have a round hole in the lid. Getting the car back next week after painting and can finally sort the niggly things like this, speedo not working etc... over Xmas.
Cheers
Eddie

• Advertisement