no avatar
User

Nitrosean

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: Love the colour of this Le-mans for sale

Postby Nitrosean » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:23 pm

I think I’ll keep a look out for a really sorted turbo car and look into having the body conversion carried out. I’m not in any rush and I’m sure the right car will turn up :)
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:37 pm

Vince's old one that has had everything done incl full engine rebuild with higher lift cams and low comp pistons for future fettles.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1003964
no avatar
User

Nitrosean

Rank

Non Member

Postby Nitrosean » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:40 am

I have seen that one for sale for a while now, started at 15k now dropped to 12.5k which is probably a fair price although a little more than I would want to pay. It might be worth a look now I’m swaying towards a recreation but it’s a long way from me.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 am

[quote="Nitrosean"]I have seen that one for sale for a while now, started at 15k now dropped to 12.5k which is probably a fair price although a little more than I would want to pay. It might be worth a look now I’m swaying towards a recreation but it’s a long way from me.[/quote]Can only lead to water .....

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:04 am

Are starting to see the light. There’s more fun driving them rather than looking at them and polishing them in your garage, there’s going to hopefully a big shoutout of lemans at the Prescott hill climb next year hopefully, one original, mine, and a 24v prv one, so far I think. May be as the event gets closer more might be tempted out of there garage. It’s only a short distance up the hill so it won’t put any miles on your car if others want to take part.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:54 pm

[quote="Custard"]There’s more fun driving them rather than looking at them and polishing them in your garage.[/quote]

This!

My met brown R5T2 was my daily driver from new in the mid-80s. It saw all sorts of weather, salted roads etc. and still managed to make the front cover of Evo magazine a year or so ago without any restoration. If you don't drive them, then you're just keeping them nice for the next owner. IMHO

CB
no avatar
User

Nitrosean

Rank

Non Member

Postby Nitrosean » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:31 pm

If I got a decent one that didn’t need a resto what would the cost be to supply and fit a lemans body kit and paint the whole car? I’m aiming this question to custard :)
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:11 pm

As stated earlier.
This is a mega amount of work, the kit has nothing on it, there are no fixing brackets for anything you have to fabricate and bond every thing. The glass work is only ruff finished, you have to trim everything to suit. There are also lots of bits to buy that are hard to get and expensive frunt indicators compete, fog lights ect. You also cut back all the inner arches and then cut and fit the new extensions, which have to be spot on to the new arch curves as they form part of the bond and support of the flare especially the rear, the new cill covers close the lower door gap and they also bond into the lower rear arch, so you then have to trim off the bottom of the doors and rebound and re finish. There is a load more the frunt bumper is different nothing fits even down to the towing eye, you have to reshape it. The wheels and rubber alone is not far of £3000 I ordered mine this time last year and they arrived in mid March, and attention to detail you then have to send of the centre hubs to be machined out so you can fit the right size alpine A in the centre.
If you want it in sports blue the panel finish and shape has to be perfect. The man Hrs are massive if I really worked it out it should probably be higher.
no avatar
User

Nitrosean

Rank

Non Member

Postby Nitrosean » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:48 pm

A lot of work!!! You don’t realise what’s involved and you know 1st hand! Thanks for the info :up
Previous

• Advertisement