User

r5nga

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Guildford, Surrey

Macon 2021

Postby r5nga » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:19 pm

Afternoon folks - are there any rumblings about Macon this year floating around do you know? From a UK unlock perspective, non-essential International travel does not formally re-open until 17th May at the earliest, so technically that logical Macon weekend in May remains before that date. Aside from which, what state will France be in by them in terms of welcoming foreign travellers for holidays?

I am probably not inclined to book any travel for this, but wanted to see if I'd missed a conversation about it somewhere :)

Thanks.
Spider. Yellow, obviously.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: Macon 2021

Postby mettersl » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:17 pm

I was wondering the same- particularly as I have a A610 in storage to reawaken, finish and shake down before any trip (even if I did buy it the night before the 2017 event) so was starting to think about how many weekends I should allow.

I had the 14th to 17th May down in my diary, which is definitely not going to happen as its before the earliest travel date.
To add to our woes France is quite a way behind us in vaccinations and there is talk of vaccine passports before you can go to the EU - that means two shots according to the stuff I have read (which is, of course speculation).

I haven't had my first yet so I dont think I'll be able to travel until June at the earliest if that vaccine passports happen. If they dont, then its testing and possible quarantine both ways...

Locally the French are under a curfew and their cases are rising not falling....so maybe \i have a few more weekends before I need to retrieve the 610 from storage and maybe Macon will follow the Goodwood members meeting example and move to the Autumn?
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:21 pm

You have summed it up perfectly Lee, we would be the first people to get out into the Europe, they are so far behind and even if you get over what is going to be open in reality for enjoying your holiday.
It’s Blighty this year it’s going to be crowded but we will be fully open I think compared to everybody else.
Hopefully the vaccine works and normal life will return for all everywhere next year with our vacation pass ports. Good wood has just moved the members meeting from from May to mid October now.
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:48 am

I am not holding my breath on a Macon 2021 to be honest! I do enjoy the whole Macon trip/weekend and I am still a comparative newbie with a mere 3 attendances thus far.

I did hear that last year was genuinely meant to be the last year, (yes I know all about the numerous previous last years), as the main organiser was becoming a Mayor or something similar and would not have the spare time to organise the weekend. So possibly a "next year" scenario may never happen as too much time has passed, but on the other hand after a 2 year break our intrepid organiser may well be raring to go again. Who knows, we will just have to wait and see. I hope it makes a comeback :up
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:49 pm

I see that Jacky has posted on facebook that Macon is cancelled for this year, no mention of 2022.
Fingers crossed for then....
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Re: Macon 2022

Postby mettersl » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:25 pm

Now that we can go back to France from Monday, does anyone know if Macon is likely to go ahead this year. If so I have to find and finish my A610...I think Stephen has some deposits for this too so it would be great to have another go at it.
For me its the highlight of the car calendar. Would be nice to find a reason to buy a UK sticker.
Any news, anyone?.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:08 pm

No news yet and there is the 1000 Alpine for 100 years scheduled around the same time
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement