User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Isle of Man Manx Classic event

Postby peterg » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:00 pm

Ive been sent several sets of regulations for the above event which runs from 20th April to 22nd April 2006. I assume its because I am named as the competition secretary in the blue book!!! Anyway if anyone is interested I can send them out a set. I'm already intending to go with a group of the frontrunners from the Northern speed championship so I have a fair idea of price etc.
Its basically 3 speed events, the first one being a nightime hillclimb in Douglas through the streets which are being closed for a few hours, on Friday 21st there ia a pursuit sprint at Jurby airfield and on the Saturday they are running the Lhergy Frissell hillclimb at Ramsey which is used by the TT and the British Hillclimb championship. Its one of the longest hillclimbs in Britain and recently featured on Top Gear. All in all its going to be an awesome event that is going to be televised.
Ive had costings for what we are doing and it works out at around £600 and that includes car and trailer on the ferry, 3 nights accomodation in a 4* hotel, a welcome buffet and entry to all 3 events. Its possible to go cheaper than this if people are willing to sacrifice a bit of comfort.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:18 pm

Is it open to all cars of any age?

(the R5 Oilburner could get a run... :lol: )
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:34 pm

Is it open to all abilities ............ie complete numpties :lol:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:52 pm

There are classes to cover any type of car but obviously you'll need a speed licence and the usual equipment. The £600ish I mentioned is a discounted price for confirmed entries before Christmas it will go up a bit after then.
User

Alpiniste

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:01 pm

Nr Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Alpiniste » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:56 pm

Please send/post full info.

Relatives on the island, so I can keep my costs down - though they might object as I scrounge off them every year for the TT too :D
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:27 pm

I know I had your full name and address...I just cant find them at the minute!!! PM me them and I'll get a set out to you.

• Advertisement