User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Speed season 2006

Postby peterg » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:21 pm

Well, its 2006 and the entry forms are coming in! Dates are now set....cant remember them at the minute but its Croft on Easter Monday as a start date (British sprint championship so there'll be some seriously quick cars!). Ive also entered for the Isle of Man speed festival which is 2 hillclimbs and a sprint on closed public roadsincluding one in the capital at night (apparently the police are shutting off the centre at 5pm to run the event!! :shock: wouldnt happen in any other city in the UK!!!) from April 20th to 22nd. Its being televised too....so my moment of glory may yet happen!! :D (I suspect crashing would definitely get me on telly :twisted: )
Hope to see some of you at an event....Alpiniste...are you still thinking of going to the IOM???
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:08 pm

Peter, you're starting early with the entries! All I know is at present is the dates and locations that I hope to be at but no entry forms or SR's yet.
The I of M event seems exciting along with alot of planning to get there? But please don't crash just to get two second of tv time.
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:33 pm

Peter how is it going?? I' ve just got the entry forms for GD and written out £250 worth of entry fees :( :shock: (two Gurston events & one test day entry) and I have still got some Wiscombe ones to do :?
My car is still in bits and very little of the simple maintenance tasks done, so I am on schedule :lol: :lol:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:14 am

Not much change to my car (yet) bit of tweaking and an electronic boost controller....hoping for the DG big brakes (please please!!!!). First event is gonna be Teesside on Good Friday then its Isle of Man....Alpiniste...any news????
User

Alpiniste

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:01 pm

Nr Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Alpiniste » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:28 pm

peterg wrote:Not much change to my car (yet) bit of tweaking and an electronic boost controller....hoping for the DG big brakes (please please!!!!). First event is gonna be Teesside on Good Friday then its Isle of Man....Alpiniste...any news????

Still hoping to even if only as a spectator.
Things get even MORE up in the air with every week.

As well as having put a "price on the table" for an RS200, I'm negotiating for a comp A110 :D The A610 is looking like getting a home where I can finally spend the time to strip the whole rear end and engine ! ( You dont' want to do that in Scotland on a driveway/unheated garage -- even in summer !!!! )
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:55 pm

Wow...an RS200? There was one at Croft last year....gorgeous looking car, it sounded good too. Not as fast as I had hoped but I guess if you have a car that rare and worth as much you'd be mad to go wild on a cold wet track.
Keep us updated!
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:01 pm

The RS 200 is one of the very few fords I like, but have never been able get the money together!! :lol: unless it's the smaller versions.

One thing I did manage to do today, was to empty a small pot of white mat paint over the rear seat area of the car :oops: Now I will have to brush paint the offending area a suitable red.
What a complete dork I am :roll:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:24 pm

Bit Dukes of Hazard white on red.....you should leave it...yeeehaaa :lol:
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:21 pm

What a DIPSTICK :roll: :roll:
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:56 pm

peterg wrote:Bit Dukes of Hazard white on red.....you should leave it...yeeehaaa :lol:

It's not that bad at the moment! I did try covering it with the correct colour spray but I ended up covering the rest of the interior and me with the "over spray" dust that you get from cans when you spray in a confined area, and before you say "Did you mask up the surrounding area" yes I did.
After the first few applications of paint it looked worse than when I started but when it had time to dry it was defiantly not good. The two different types of paint reacted leaving a pinkish blotchy area :x :x so back to square one.
Hopefully I managed to find what I think is a very good colour match at the DIY store, and now having just come in from the garage after a hefty stint of paint prep and brush painting with the best quality brushes I could find it's a case of letting it dry for couple of day and hope for the best.

• Advertisement