User

paulg

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 24, 2004 11:20 am

Herts

Le Mans Classic

Postby paulg » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:38 am

Just in case anyone is interested I can thoroughly recommend the Le Mans Classic event which is held every two years. The format is basically that 6 categories of previous eras of Le Mans cars (divided by age, e.g. 1960 - 1969) race 3 times each over a 24 hour period, i.e. 18 races in all from 4pm Sat to 4pm Sunday.
Admission was about GBP50, including grandstand opposite pits, full uninhibited paddock access, and car parking...
The grids were full of all sorts of exotica including a number of Renault-Alpines (no GTAs though :cry: ) and there were also several "marques" public car parks with areas for Porsche, Lotus, Ferrari, etc, etc and of course loads of Renault-Alpines, inc many GTAs. Only saw one UK registered GTA there, but there may have been others.
Definitely worth a visit...
Oh, and not that it would interest anyone on this forum but I didn't see one radar trap all the way from Calais to Le Mans and back again... rather different to the "normal" Le Mans weekend.
GTA Turbo
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:00 pm

Paul, I've only been to the "real" Le Mans once, in 1988 when Jaguar finnished 1st, 2nd & 4th, and that was a great weekend. Sounds like the classic is for me on 2006. Simon.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

Le Mans Classic.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:18 pm

Me...yet again,
The UK reg GTA you saw would have been mine. There was also an A610, Renault 5 Turbo 2 amongst others from club Alpine Renault.
regards, barry.

• Advertisement