no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:37 pm

There are definately a couple, and mine is also in NI... I'll let you know when I'm next over.
no avatar
User

Tim Jeffrey

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:46 pm

Competing in Alpines

Postby Tim Jeffrey » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:09 pm

At the top of this (very good) website it states " Lets share the Passion"
I would prefer to think this relates to cars and not heated debate.

I bought My A610 nine years ago and desperate to know and do more with the car, I joined CAR.
I started sprinting and hillclimbing shortly after and being an activist was asked to join the commitee which I am still part of, being the A610 registrar.
I spent two years sprinting the A610 and then three years with a Clio V6. I am now back in the A610 and ended the year winning the standard production class in the TWMC All circuit sprint championship.
At the last event this year at Lydden in pouring rain I managed a lap time of only 1.18 second slower than a Porsche GT3 RS to finish second in class. I recall this because I am proud of doing it in an Alpine and know that when I turn up to a championship round, its not always going to go the TVR or Porsche way.
In all the time I have spent sprinting I have rarely come across other Alpinistes competing, apart that is from the regular few who's company I very much enjoy.
I go to Croix every year, I can't think of a better track day experience surrounded by Alpines and like the sound of the I.O.M. sprint extravaganza. I'm up for that one.
If anyone would like to compete in their Alpine, whatever the model please contact the club as I am determined to help in having a cracking line up for the championship next year. Finally if you are not a member but have an A610 I would love to hear from you through the register.

The sites great but the cars are greater.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:34 pm

Hi Tim,

Nice to see you online.

I'm always happy to share :D

Did you see the pictures of your car here http://www.renaultalpine.co.uk/alpine_oddities1.htm
no avatar
User

Tim Jeffrey

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:46 pm

Postby Tim Jeffrey » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome and I did see the pics.
regards
Previous

• Advertisement