stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

EAC - GREATEST ALPINE CLUBS DAYS -World Record Attempt 2008

Postby stephendell » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:10 am

Organised by our friend Robert Anthonis from EAC Beligium.

Some of you will remember the successful world record attempt in 2004. It was a great weekend and one of the largest and most interesting displays of Alpine & Renaultsport vehicles we had ever seen. There were also a number of trade stands including the Alpine Factory Shop with special prices for the weekend.

Well this event should be even bigger and Robert is counting on our support.

Admission fee is 10 euro per vehicle + driver and 5 euro per passenger payable at the event.

There is an advance (refundable at the event) 20 euro registration fee for each record attempt.

Here are the basis details:

The Greatest Renault Alpine Clubs Days - Airbase Brustem - Belgium - 28th & 29th June

Some of you will have attended EAC’s world record attempt for the longest parade of Renault & Alpine cars in 2004. This was a huge event with over 550 cars in the parade and lots of trade stands including the Alpine factory shop. This year Robert & EAC are trying to go one better with three (YES THREE!) Guinness World Record attempts over the two days.

The Greatest Renault Alpine Clubs Days - Airbase Brustem - Belgium - 28th & 29th June (contd.)

The Guinness World Record attempts are:

1. Formation of the largest Renault Logo (with vehicles)
2. Largest parade of Renaults – Current record 565 (Zolder 2004)
3. Formation of the largest Alpine logo (with vehicles) – Current record 368 (Amneville 2004)

All the most famous companies specializing in Renault and Alpine spare parts and tuning will be present including amongst others; COLOMBO, MJL/GOTTI, LES SELLIERS DU DOMAINE, RENKENS-ROHNER, MECAPARTS and AXEL RESS. Well known magazines such as Alpine Post, Berlinette & Mille Miles will also be present with their own stands during the weekend.

Here is the list of eligible vehicles:

- Oldtimers' and Collectors' cars RENAULT till 1983 or older

- Any kind of ALPINE and Sporting RENAULTS

- All cabriolets and tuned / personalised RENAULTS

- The latest new models ( 2007-2008 ) RENAULT including Concept cars

Posted below are Robert's original EAC flyers:
Last edited by stephendell on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:22 am

the form seems very confusing about how much you have to pay and where to..... for that reason.... I'm out!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:06 pm

To clarify:

The entry fee is 10 euro per driver + vehicle payable at the event.

The passenger entry fee is 5 euro each or free for cars where the driver has registered before the end of March.

The advance registration fee is 20 euro per world record record attempt. This is refundable at the event. The 20 € is not a participation fee but only a reservation amount and is fully refundable.

Each driver can decide which record attempt(s) they wish to participate in along with seeing the Alpine Exposition in the Grand Marquee and all the tuning stands and shops.

Here are some examples:

1) RENAULT driver who wants to join in 2 world record attempts

June 28 = Renault LOGO and June 29 = PARADE

Meaning 2 reservations so the total registration amount = 2 x 20 = 40 € (refundable)

b) ALPINE driver who wants to join in 2 world record attempts

June 29 = PARADE + Alpine LOGO

Total 20 € (refundable) because the formation of the Alpine 'A' LOGO is a part of the PARADE , meaning only 1 registration to do .

In summary for Renault drivers there are 2 possible record attempts (28th & 29th June) and for Alpine drivers there are 2 possible record attempts (29th June only)

Regarding the admission charges for CAR + DRIVER (10 €) and PASSENGERS ( 5 € per person):

The 10 € includes not only the entrance fee of the car and driver but also a goody bag containing a personalised CERTIFICATE of participation (different for each world record attempt) + souvenirs.

The passengers’ entry ticket of 5 € is valid for the full weekend. But hopefully most of the passengers will be able to enter free if they or their club register before the end of March.

Because there is no record attempt for them on Saturday, Alpine cars (drivers and passengers) have free entrance Saturday and of course also if they wish to visit the Renault Alpine Village on Friday afternoon.

TO KEEP THINGS AS EASY AS POSSIBLE AND TO SAVE BANK FEES RAOC WILL HELP TO REGISTER ANY CLUB MEMBERS THAT ARE INTERESTED AND TRANSFER THE REGISTRATION FUNDS IN ONE PAYMENT.
Last edited by stephendell on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:39 pm

User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Put me down Stephen

Postby si21 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:26 am

Si21 :wink:
User

baldrick

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:07 pm

southend essex

Postby baldrick » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:32 am

yes please

1x bright yellow gta (with newly rebuilt engine hopefully)

can you put me down for driver +1 not sure if the wife wants to go or not but if she dont im sure i can find someone :lol:
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:23 pm

Please note registration deadline for free passengers has been extended to March.
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:27 am

I am coming but not with a GTA..... taking the DINI TURBO!!!
:twisted: :shock: :? :o
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Please note registration deadline for free passengers has been extended to April.

Please see new version of documents above.

Robert has confirmed that the World Record Attempts have been accepted by Guinness.

Also the Grand Marquee has been extended to over 100 metres!!

If we have a large enough group from the UK Robert will provide a tent for the UK participants.

Please let me know if you want to go ASAP. I will send all the registration money together to avoid bank charges
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:06 pm

ME ME ME ME !!!
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

baldrick

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:07 pm

southend essex

Postby baldrick » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:57 am

hi steve

how many / who have you got already going to this and has anyone made any travel arrangements yet
1989 GTA ATMO (YELLOW)
1972 SILHOUETTE ZAGAROFF (project)
2006 SUZUKI SV1000
User

rogerreno

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:13 pm

Deepest darkest Coalville

World record attempt

Postby rogerreno » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi Steve, I have PM'd you regarding this event and was wondering what the arrangements were??

I'm more than likely going to be coming with one passenger.

How do I pay the reg fee (where do I send it??) and do I need to take it from reading on the form that I need to complete one copy and send it to Robert and fill out a duplicate to hand in on the gate??

And has anyone booked crossings yet?? When are people planning on going over coz i'd like to join in the convoy (if there is one!!)

Looking forward to your reply,

Cheers,

Roj
When my 21T grows up....he wants to be an A610 ;)
Next

• Advertisement