User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Sprinting and Hillclimbing 2009

Postby eastlmark » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:28 pm

First event in the ACSMC sprint championship is on March 15th at North Weald. As ever, any support is welcome and if you pm me I can usually let you have an entrance pass. Still awaiting final regs and passes but assuming it is much the same as last year, ie. not really a spectator event as such, but there will be a drinks and food van there.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:12 pm

First sprint of the year is done and dusted with mixed emotions.
For once we had a decent sized class which means trophies awarded down to 3rd place- at last a chance for me to get some glassware. And it was all going to plan in the practice runs as I was in second place and only just off the pace of the leader, albiet we all knew that the Honda S2000 would be way ahead of us, he couldnt put a clean run together. After the 1 st timed run it was still looking good for me as I was third and only 3/10ths of a second off 2nd place and way ahead of the Clio 182 cup and the Civic type R, Toyota MR2 and a Mazda MX5. Somehow, some where I lost time in my second timed run and put in a second slower time than the first, still its the fasted time that counted so never mind.......damn, the Clio and Civic had improved and 2nd to 5th place was covered by less than 3/10ths of a second with me drawing the short straw in 5th. Dissapointed was not the word to describe how I felt yet this time last year I was 8 seconds off the pace so I should be happy I am now there or there abouts. I made the error of showing up with way too much fuel in the tank and am now convinced the the weight would have made the difference between 5th and maybe 3rd-2nd even.
Congratualtions to Matt Carter for winning the class and for setting times just way out of reach of the rest of us. Will be back at North Weald on the 5th April for a re match.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Another North Weald event this Sunday (5th April) if anyone wants to pop along give me a message and I will send you an entrance pass. Pretty poor entry, (excepting my class which is now the biggest) this time so could all be over just after lunch! First practice runs start at 9.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:35 am

I was suprised by the entry for my class at this (North Weald 5th April) event as the 10 cars entered means that trophies would be awarded down to 3rd place which means I would be in with a chance of third place and that coveted first piece on silver/glass/plastic in my empty trophy cabinet. The list of those 10 cars dampened my enthusiasm though as 2 Honda Civic type R', a Clio 182 cup, a 172 that is obviously tuned, the expertly driven Xr2 that always beats me along with 2 MX5 and 205's...all of which suggested that I would probably just miss out...again.
Great weather again at North Weald for the second event of the year, whats going on? no rain, sleet, piercing gales, instead warm sunshine just kept in check by a slight breeze.
A low overall entry meant we would get 2 practice runs and 3 timed runs and after the practice runs I was second in class but not getting excited as I have been here before and know that some other drivers dont show their true speed until later on.
First timed run I put in a 83.72 and was suprised to find I was the only driver dipping into the 83's but lunch break was upon us and I know I lose a bit of momentum after a long break.
I was one of the last runners and there was a clock displaying the times of those infront of me as I was lining up for the start of my second timed run which gave me the advantage of being able to see if my 1st time had been beaten, most of the others timed slower times but the red Clio just pipped me by 4/10ths of a second, damn another speed increase was needed.......and given! 82.72 was enough, even in the third timed run no one came close so, never mind a third place trophy, I got first!
At last! whats more El President Mr Dell along with Simon G turned up to watch. Thanks for coming and you chose the right event to come to.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:10 am

Well done Mark! 8)
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:46 pm

well done mate 8)
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:44 pm

pic from the day...

Stephen and simon, about to consume the first at10.30 am...

and again at midday!

(stephen you may replace those with some of the decent shots on your camera!)
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:36 pm

That's called blackmail :evil:
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:32 pm

Another class win for the "Anglia Electrics with the RAOC sprint team" at Honington in Suffolk on Sunday, on a roll it would seem although not such as satisfying win as last time as the only other car in class withdrew due to engine maladies of some sort, german car, say no more. Having said that it took me three runs at the course before I actually went the correct way!

Back at the home track of North Weald again this Sunday, 26th April, if anyone wants an entry pass then pm me and I will email a copy you can print out, usual terms apply, not really a spectator event but wlecome as a supporter/ helper.
Last edited by eastlmark on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:45 pm

so ..... you were first and last then :shock:
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:20 pm

3 rd place (of 9) in class today at North weald running on a different layout to that on which I won a few weeks ago. Pipped to the win by less than 3/10ths of a second and missed second by less than 1/10th such is the competition in our class. 26th overall though is probaby my best result ever. Nice of them to put on an air race for us to watch during the lunch break!
Next up is Debden, nr Saffron Walden on May 11th.
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

sorry I could not make it Mark

Postby si21 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:32 pm

eastlmark wrote:3 rd place (of 9) in class today at North weald running on a different layout to that on which I won a few weeks ago. Pipped to the win by less than 3/10ths of a second and missed second by less than 1/10th such is the competition in our class. 26th overall though is probaby my best result ever. Nice of them to put on an air race for us to watch during the lunch break!
Next up is Debden, nr Saffron Walden on May 11th.

There was a slight obstruction in the way on the day..........The London Marathon :roll: otherwise I would have popped up.

Well done, its consistency which wins championships :wink:

si21 PS consistently good results that is, not bad :lol: :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks Simon, probably could have got the win if it were not for a Mini rolling on the first practice run. everytime I got to that bend I suddenly had this image of the car flying over and lifted......slightly!
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Fair Play Mark

Postby si21 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:33 pm

eastlmark wrote:Thanks Simon, probably could have got the win if it were not for a Mini rolling on the first practice run. everytime I got to that bend I suddenly had this image of the car flying over and lifted......slightly!

People always assume it'll never happen to them and that its only sprinting. .......What can possibly go wrong!!

Having said that how the **** did he manage to do that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done anyway, where are you off to next?

Si21
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Re: Fair Play Mark

Postby eastlmark » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:11 pm

[quote="si21]
People always assume it'll never happen to them and that its only sprinting. .......What can possibly go wrong!!

Having said that how the **** did he manage to do that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done anyway, where are you off to next?

Si21[/quote]

I have seen 2 cars roll at sprints, the common denominator being a small wheel base (the other one being a Corsa/Nova whatever) and slick tyres, seem they get in a slide, fail to catch it, tyres stick while going sideways, maybe a bump or two and over they go. both had cages hence no injury.
Next will be Debden nr Saffron Walden on May 10th while everyone else is sunnying it and wining and dining in Macon!
Next

• Advertisement