Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

ALPINE EVENTS / TRACK DAY

Postby stephendell » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:05 am

Hi

I'm trying to organise some possible events for this year. Ideas include:

1. UK Track Day / Alpine Event

I've looked into booking various circuits for an Alpine Event or Track Day. Bedford Aerodrome looks the most interesting.

http://www.bedfordautodrome.com/circuit.htm

I'm considering hiring the entire circuit for an exclusive event rather than just attending a track day for all comers. It would last about 5 hours allowing 3 hours total track time on the south and west circuits combined (to make a 3 mile circuit), with the north circuit open for beginners to find their feet. Also the hospitality suite and pit garages would be included. The event would be fully marshalled with paramedics etc. I'd need minimum 20 cars to make it feasible and the cost would be about £150 per car. For 40 cars I could get the cost nearer to £100 per car. Also probably could do a paddock only ticket for £15 or so. So a bit like Croix but without the travel expense and on a smaller scale to start with.

2. Tour of Ireland

Vist to Ireland to meet all the GTA boys (& girls!) over there and take in a few choice roads and circuits, staying a few nights in hotel or B&B.

If any of the Irish members could give any advice or guidance on a possible route, tracks, possible places to stay etc that would be appreciated.

3. European Trip inc Nurburgring

Trip to Europe to take in the Nurburgring + 1 European event (to be decided). Would include at least 1 overnight stay.

Let me know what you think
Last edited by stephendell on Tue May 10, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

Postby simonsays74 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:03 am

i am happy to help in any way to make the stay in ireland enjoyable (hic!) and very easy. :D
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Lets get some dates firmed up early!

Postby Tony Smith » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:03 am

I think the key to making sure events like these happen is to get things sorted early on. Payment up front too as its unfare to expect Steve to stump up thousands of pounds of his own money. If were going to do 2 trips abroad then lets make sure there a few months apart to give people a chance to attend both. On the home front we could also try some of the following:

1) Retro Cars day at Santa Pod 5th July - Biggest meet of modified Retro Cars in the UK - I already know several Renaults going to this.

2) Renault Owners Club - They do several shows such as Bromley Pageant - we could have a "club" stand at one of these type events.

3) Support Peter G - We could have a day out supporting Peter G at one of the Sprint Circuits. Would be a good day out at a decent venue.

I know its not the UK but is Zolder on again this year? And I will definitely going to Crouix again maybe make a weekend of it - highly recommended to anyone who loves Alpines.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

ben

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:43 pm

Grantham

Postby ben » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:15 am

I would certainly be up for the UK track day and probably the other 2 events as well, if the timing was right... :D
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:33 pm

They all sound 'do-able', Time and money allowing.. :?
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

Rz

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:06 pm

Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Rz » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:19 pm

I wouldnt mind follow you guys up to irland since I never been there (if you allow non UK´s) and if you do a trip to Nurburgring + some event in Germany/France or what ever I can meet you up somewhere on the road.
It would be so nice to see some more Alpine´s running and not only on pictures.
present cars :
Renault Alpine A610
BMW M3E30 Sportevolution 1990 #23/600
and a daily driver.
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

a lesson on how to drive.

Postby simonsays74 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:51 pm

bring spare tyres with you to ireland, you might need them????

this is what i would love to do in a gta!!!
:lol:
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/racedrift.html
no avatar
User

Ramo

Rank

Non Member

Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:42 pm

Newport, South Wales

Events 2005

Postby Ramo » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:23 pm

Hi Guys,
Would love to do the track day if you could get it down to £100, other events sound good too. I'm a teacher so could only do weekends or during half terms etc. :D

Emerald Green GTA
User

LiamMcShane

Rank

Non Member

Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:39 pm

Shenzhen, China

Postby LiamMcShane » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:51 pm

I would love to be of assistance for the Ireland tour. My friend runs a racing series over here and is probably the best person to speak to regarding track days and hiring tracks. In relation to somewhere to stay, how much do you wanna spend :?: There are loads of good hotels in Belfast and the surrounding area. I'm sure if I had an idea of budget and numbers I could sort out a good rate in a nice hotel. (I'm a DJ so I can get fairly good rates from anywhere I have worked before). Any preference to which track you'd like to go to? (Nutts Corner is out for a while due to noise restrictions in place for the next few months but I'll keep you posted)
'88 GTA V6 Turbo

http://www.perfect-display.com.cn
Perfect Display Technology Company Ltd, Shenzhen
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:57 am

I don't know if anyone's interested in SPA, but if you are then this may be of interest:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 7&f=18&h=0
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:47 pm

Support would be most welcome! Harewood is the most easily accesible and probably the best spectator event (Porsche and Ferrari owners club meet) its Saturday the 18th September.
Stephen....Bedford Autodrome have quite strict Db noise levels....a couple of years back they hit a Subaru OC meeting with an 89Db level limit. 89 is ok for most but a GTA with a straight through exhaust would be over. Make sure you ask about it....most of the Subarus ended up going home!!!!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:54 pm

I was worried about that when I made initial enquires.

I was told that the static limit is higher at 101dB, the figure you quoted is for drive by.

David, do you have an SPL meter we can borrow to test a few cars with to get an idea, starting with your own!
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:38 pm

I have Davids straight through exhaust and have to meet 104Db for speed events and its well within (passed 3 times now without coming close....if you come close they tell you), so I wouldnt worry too much. My Metro from 2 years back was noisier than the GTA and still got through.
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:12 pm

Yep, I have an SPL meter...Pete, what revs do they take the reading at, and it must be stationary, obviously!, so dont they take into account how much louder it get when the car's on full load?
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:26 pm

peterg wrote:Harewood is the most easily accesible and probably the best spectator event its Saturday the 18th September.

Steve,
When is Croix?
Next

• Advertisement