User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:34 pm

Well done Peter,
I just got the results through from last weekends Gurston meet and it seems bad news. :(
For some reason a competitor from another class who had his engine increased from sub 2L to a 2.2L just for the last two rounds has been awarded points for these rounds for the over 2L class, even though he originally had entered the sub 2L class on the championship form which entries closed in May and stated which class they would like to enter for points. :x
Any way before I blow my top I will have a chat with the organisers to see if it was an admin error, so I may still be second or lonely third :cry: :cry:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:44 am

Sounds like a mistake to me...I'm sure they'll fix it. I had a bit of a mare yesterday despite (eventually) getting a good result. The throttle stuck open and set me grasstracking on the limiter, then the car started misfiring when I opened the bleed valve a little and then the suspension on my drivers side settled a little too low causing it to rub on the arch and crack the paint!!! Managed to beat a R21T, an M3, a Scimitar and an XR4i 3.7.....yes 3.7....the guy had had it bored out asx far as it would go.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:46 am

You treat that suspension better ,its not yours :shock:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:38 pm

It was mine........yours is off the car and packed waiting to go off to you. It was Davids adjustable kit that I hurriedly fitted on Thursday, but didnt have time to fully sort before going away. It was a noticable improvement on the limit in the tight corners compared to my old set up (once I'd got it set properly!).
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:36 pm

I hope it is a mistake with the points, but will have to wait and see?
It's a pity that you beat Mike Baxter in the 21 :wink: , but then again I believe its in standard trim because he hasn't been fully bitten by the need to win syndrome like us.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:40 pm

He has had the engine modified a little, done the suspension and partially stripped the interior.....hes in Harewoods version of the same class as me so there isnt massive scope....I still have all my interior trim (at least I do to the casual observer!) glass, standard bodywork and use list 1a tyres. I think he enjoys the social side of it as much as the competition.....he had a table and chairs set up for him and the other Harewood regulars in the class and they sat chatting, eating and drinking all day.
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:41 pm

That’s what I like about speed events is the social side in between runs and in the evenings on two dayers.
If you have car trouble there will always be some additional help at hand and if the worst happens someone may offer a drive in his or her car, just because we have time to sit around and talk.
I still have all my interior trim (at least I do to the casual observer!)

I also have some interior trim left in the car, it's called a carpet mat :lol: :lol: just to save the heals on my booty’s
I didn't realise that Mike had done a few tweeks!
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:05 pm

He had a bleed valve, chip and a big exhaust....thats almost as much as me at the minute!!! ( I only have a hybrid turbo above that).
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:44 am

Red, do you have to run list 1a tyres? If so, I have seen the future at Harewwod...they sem to be streets ahead of the rest.
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:10 pm

I use Yoko 048R's (List 1B) in a medium compound as Gurston only run Mod prod rules and no road standard classes.
So if I turn up in my Clio I would be against slick shod Mini's etc even though my car is standard.
I could use slicks on the 21T but as I drive to meetings and hopefully home again I chose the Yoko's as they are road legal, and also I can not be botherd with changing tyres when it rains or at the end of the meeting so I can drive home
User

RED21

Rank

Non Member

New Forest

Postby RED21 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:28 pm

Had my last Hill climb meeting of the season at Longleat house and just managed to grab third place on Saturday, but did not fare to well on Sunday with only 10th place out of 12. This was due to being in the same class as Porsche 911RS`s/ GT3's and a 5 litre V8 Westfield. :?
The only other good news is that I went faster than I have ever done so before at Longleat but it was still not fast enough. :(
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:41 pm

That happens sometimes! Ive got my last event at Kames on Sunday.....looking forward to it, although it looks like it could be wet.
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:00 am

Another nice trophy for the shelf! Had some decent opposition too.....a fairly rapid TR8 and a Chevette HSR amongst others....both running illegal sticky tyres...I didnt bother to complain and still pipped them to the post! Beat my best time at the track in morning practice then couldnt repeat it again before rain set in in the afternoon.
Strange goings on with the championship though! The club award 10 points to people who marshall on events outside the speed championship but most people dont bother claiming them because it makes a nonsense of the speed championship. Sadly my only real rival has marshalled and appears to have claimed the points, so despite him only managing 4th place yesterday and me having won every round bar one he appears to have won the road car class!!!!! :evil:
Should be a video of the day coming from Peter (Alpiniste) as he turned up with his video camera.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:32 am

I'm sure I saw you marshalling at Donnington?
Rules, that's what competitions are made of ! :?
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:57 am

It has to be on a Wigton MC event.....as for the rules thing, Ive already emailed the organiser and mentioned a few things that have left me in the dark a little about points etc and received an email back that basically accused me of being unsporting and saying that everything has been done properly!! I hope Tim enjoys his trophy (when he gets it at the dinner dance) he certainly hasnt won it on the track...must be a bit of a hollow feeling getting a trophy for marshalling :roll:
PreviousNext

• Advertisement