User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:54 pm

YES PLEASE, just to check it's functionality at altitude.
However, I'll probably just give you a cheque in return.

Posted today, I;ll get it tomorrow if you use the Post Office's guaranteed service. Will be working from home tomorrow, ....... polishing the car, checking the tyres, topping up the fuel and making sure my took kit has enough tools in it..
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Calais Brussels in 1 hour

Postby andyh877 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:44 pm

Simon,

I've done it in an hour so in diesel golf late at night, you'll have no problems.

you never see police on the french part of the route,

there is a police station just on the large bend near ostend Jabbeke Services, they sometimes have a speed camera there.

If you get flashed you are ok as you've got uk plates and they can't trace you, only worry if you get pulled by a copper, then you'll have to cough up!

check the link out below the night before, as it tells you where they are! you are interested in the E40 only so you know when to slow down if needed.

http://www.snelheidscontroles.be/Aangek ... index.html

Regards

Andy :twisted:
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:58 pm

Andy, FANTASIC,
I'll reduce altitude around Jabbeke and already I see from your link a trap is set on the E40, down at Liege, I'll be well lost if I'm in than one, but I'll check again for updates before leaving.
Many thanks, see you on Saturday.
Firsts at
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:00 pm

I see another one on the E314 at Lummen, just before Zolder. Perhaps they are expecting some racing Renaults?
Firsts at
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

speed cameras

Postby andyh877 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:13 pm

Simon,

The camera on Saturday is in the direction of Lummen to Bekkevoort so its pointing away from zolder not towards it but it's best to be decending down from warp speed by then anyway! just to be on the safe side

Regards

Andy
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:43 am

but it's best to be decending down from warp speed by then

Shouldn't that be high altitude :wink:
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:59 am

..this sounds like a scene from 'Smokey and the Bandit....' :lol:
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:08 am

I'm just hoping it does not turn out to be like the Cannonball Run to Spain last year. That's why I can't commit to an exhaust from you quite yet!
Firsts at
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Tue May 03, 2005 7:09 pm

So how did it go?

Anyway take any pictures they can post?
GTA V6 Turbo - BTW check your earths!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlpineGTA
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Tue May 03, 2005 11:52 pm

So how did it go?

Like the Cannonball Run with a bit of Gran Turismo thrown in for good measure 8)

Photos + videos coming soon...
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am

... some very silly exhausts....5 GTA's, a Le Mans, an A610, a spider and a very noisy clio at about 7am through the streets and tunnels of Brussels...
and no sleep.....
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Wed May 04, 2005 10:32 am

Juzz,

"no sleep" for those that left Great Britain at 03:03.
I had a nice few hours sleep before taking the 04:18, a lone some journey there, but over in a flash. Such fun balling out at 6,000 revs in 5th, cat n mouse with an XJR, until it had to peel off into a petrol station. Just not quite quick enough to catch the others up "before" Brussels where they tore up the tarmac in n out of the tunnel systems for a few practice laps.
Anyway, in true English style, we were at the front of the Renault Parking area at Zolder to show off our cars. A few minutes touching up and removing the kamikaze wildlife from our nose cones.
Good racing on the track, not us, but watching Cleo cup cars single seaters etc etc.
Have you seen the new Renault F1 car? Well, we heard it loud and clear, and it laps rather faster than anything else, new lap record for Zolder.
To continue our English onslaught, for lunch some of us started a fight in the bar (well actually it was just Graham who took umbrage at being ripped off and had to sort out the gobby chef who took his money but would not give him a sandwich).
A return leg with a tour of the city of Brussels, some nice sights, good architecture, interesting giant pink heat (some romantic art thing maybe) but on reflection no need to take a holiday there now. Thanks for the tour Andy and getting us out of the tunnels again safely.
Some more tactical driving, mostly boxing in and boxing out the porkers that wanted to pass by, all good fun, maybe not so much for the locals, but they often struggle with our English sense of humour.
As we divided up towards Calais, some got on the shuttle to get home quick for a few brownie points and a bath with the kids, while others went off to explore the bargains in the Super-Marché, can you believe it, Mobil 1 at half price? (choice of viscosities available).
Then to round off the day a bite to eat at "Flunch" before boarding the home bound shuttle.

Fancy coming to Le Mans in July? Hoping that your car gets back on the road in good time.
Firsts at
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Wed May 04, 2005 10:56 am

Here's a report on what happened on Saturday night & Sunday in case you feel we missed out.

Some good things (gala, parade laps) :( some bad (queues) :shock:

Hi Stephen , During the soirée de gala we were sitting at the same table with Christian and a few famous Renault drivers. Evening started at 20 h.30 with nice aperitif and food was served at the tables. All drinks were included in the amount 30 €. The whole evening the VIP ( drivers and others) were interviewing by Christian ( French ). It was nearly midnight when this soirée de gala ended. Do you remember the hotel ALDHEM
in Grobbendonk = 30 minutes from Zolder ? 2 EAC members were staying in that hotel because they wanted to attend the soirée de gala. Saturday at 18 h. they left Zolder ( changing clothes ) and I told them to leave the hotel at 19h.30 for the soirée. They left at 19h.45 and they arrived 20h.20'. During the soirée I advised for next day to leave the hotel not later than 9h 30'. What happened ? Driving Saturday night it took them only 20 minutes ( no traffic , 140 km/h ) so Sunday morning they were so pleased by the hotel facilities ( sauna - swimming pool etc... ) that they went in their car only at 11h. Now it comes ... It took them 3 THREE hours to reach Zolder ! Sunday = 29° Cel. ! More than 45.000 visitors ( Saturday 25.000 ) At 14.00 h new arrivals told me that others were still at the highway moving at walking speed. Some of them went home others arrived at 16.00 h. ! Yes Sunday morning we had a good breakfast in our hotel at 07.00 h , we left at 07h.30 and were again at Paddock 6 at 07h.45. Today I look like a red tomato , full day sunshine . The temperature meter of my CLIO V6 ( outside mirror ) informed me at 16.00 h : 38° Celc ! After the races , I think 150 cars made the parade 4 laps at ' parade-speed ' , it was fun. Afterwards we preferred to have a few drinks instead of being stick up at the highway , so we left at 19h.15 and after 30' we arrived in Antwerp. ( 150 km/h. ) Comparing to Saturday much more cars at my Paddock 6 ( at least 50 more).

Francisca & Robert.
User

Juzzblack

Rank

Non Member

Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Charlotte, USA

Postby Juzzblack » Wed May 04, 2005 7:34 pm

Sounds like a really good bash!

Wish I could have gone!

One day I'll have my GTA on the road long enough to get to some events and meets! Would love to go to Le Mans sometime in my GTA, but doubt I could make it this year.

Look forward to seeing the pics!
GTA V6 Turbo - BTW check your earths!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlpineGTA
User

LiamMcShane

Rank

Non Member

Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:39 pm

Shenzhen, China

Postby LiamMcShane » Wed May 04, 2005 8:41 pm

Let me know when the dates are for next year. I'm definitely going, but I need a bit of notice to get time off work. (Aahhh, the joys of the motor trade! :cry: )
'88 GTA V6 Turbo

http://www.perfect-display.com.cn
Perfect Display Technology Company Ltd, Shenzhen
PreviousNext

• Advertisement