Danglydogs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Cannock

RAOC invited to CAR Renault Cannock Meet on August 11th

Postby Danglydogs » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi All

As title. I noted on CAR website they are holding another meet the same as 2 years ago at Renault Cannock in August

Just thought I'd post it up, there were some cracking cars there last time, I never knew there was a meet there, we were sitting outside the pub enjoying the sun and I spotted an A110 and various other interesting Renaults in the car park!

May be of interest to someone, I may even try to get mine finished to go up in it!

Rich
Previously Had a Renault GTA V6 Turbo, White on the D-Plate.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 pm

I spoke to Barry at Prescott about making this a joint meet and he was enthusiastic but he said he had to run it past the committee first which sadly may make it a no. But fingers crossed we can collaborate.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

Danglydogs

Rank

Non Member

Cannock

Postby Danglydogs » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:02 pm

stephendell wrote:I spoke to Barry at Prescott about making this a joint meet and he was enthusiastic but he said he had to run it past the committee first which sadly may make it a no. But fingers crossed we can collaborate.

Great :) , thanks Stephen, fingers crossed, I can walk there in 5 minutes from mine if the GTA isn't done (I'm often up the pub next door to the garage anyway having a social drink 8) ).
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 pm

stephendell wrote:I spoke to Barry at Prescott about making this a joint meet and he was enthusiastic but he said he had to run it past the committee first which sadly may make it a no. But fingers crossed we can collaborate.

Me and Mr D will go eh... :wink:
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:20 am

Obviously anyone in both clubs is of course welcome.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:10 pm

When in August?

If its the end and all goes according to plan I may have my car by then :) At which point I had better join the Club
Ginetta G33, TVR Tuscan, Audi A6 Quattro, Subaru Outback. Blue GTA Turbo

"If everything feels under control, you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:34 am

I am pleased to say that Barry Jayes has just confirmed that CAR are happy for RAOC members to come along as Invited Guests but this won’t be classed as a Joint Event as they have already organised this. Any on site publicity on the day will be CAR’s only

What this means is that we can publicise the event but anyone wishing to go along will have to contact Barry to book a car space for the day and they will have to be in an Alpine of some sort.

The event is on Saturday 11th August and will start around 10.00 am until around 5.00 pm although the dealership is open from 9.00 a.m. so they are pretty flexible on what time people turn up.

Barry's contact details are:

Barry Jayes
1 Diamond Grove
Heath Hayes
Cannock

Staffs WS11 7FT

Home Phone: 01543 495260
Mobile: 07966 937216

E-mail: b_jayes@sky.com

If you contact Barry for a space please also post on here so we can get an idea of who might be going.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:39 am

More Event info from Barry:

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION
C.A.R. Alpine Renault Event at Renault Cannock
Saturday 11th August 2012

I have recently been in contact with Stuart Walker who is now the Managing Director of Renault Retail Group UK Ltd. Stuart owns an immaculate A610 that is on regular display in the Renault Cannock showroom so all Alpine’s are of a huge interest to Stuart.

It was two years ago in 2010 that C.A.R. held a very successful Alpine Renault day at Renault Cannock where we had 16 cars along with members and families. This was organised in conjunction with Stuart and C.A.R. has been asked if we would put on another Alpine Renault so of course I said yes…!

Having reviewed our Events Calendar for 2012 we have decided to go for Saturday 11th August as there’s no club UK event planned during that month.

The format will be similar to 2010 where Renault will make all of the main forecourt of the dealership available for us to display our cars. They will also put on a free top class buffet for members and provide free tea/coffee and biscuits etc during the day. Space will also be allocated within the main showroom for us to use for C.A.R. publicity and displays etc.

C.A.R. Event at Renault Cannock - 2010

I recently met with Jo Bold, Renault’s Regional Marketing Manager to discuss PR for this event. We both want to maximise the publicity this event will generate for both C.A.R. and Renault so we have lots of plans and we’ll be contacting the local newspapers and radio stations. In 2010 we had a visit from BRMB Radio and interviews were broadcast live from the dealership and we’re hoping we can get BRMB back again on the day along with the local Newspapers.

Jo and I also discussed some possible attractions for the main showroom that Jo’s going to look into. ‘Possibilities’ include an F1 car, a Race Car Simulator and a Megane Maxi Rally Car although none of these are guaranteed at this stage.

C.A.R. Event at Renault Cannock - 2010

Proposed times for the event are from 10.00 am until around 5.00 pm. However the dealership is open from 9.00 until 6.00 and Ian Smith the dealerships General Sales Manager, who will be overseeing the event is pretty flexible as to what times members turn up.

I’ll be providing more updates over the next few months. This promises to be a great day out for members and C.A.R. so put 11th August on your calendars now.

If you are interested in exhibiting your car then please let me know so that I can keep Renault informed of the numbers.
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:57 am

main radio staion is Capital Radio Birmingham..... national coverage....

don't think i'll be able to make it.... depends on my parents coming to visit in France......
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Bump.

Anyone going along to this?
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:36 pm

i can't make it
User

PaulyA610

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Gloucester

Postby PaulyA610 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:10 pm

I would be up for it but in the venturi so dont know if they will be ok with that???
Lotus Evora 400
Renault R8
Renault Megane R.S 265 Trophy
Renault megane sport tourer

GAZ Suspension Dealer,SPAX Dealer, Forge Motorsport Dealer,Alpine ICE Dealer,
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:00 am

I'll be going in the A110.
User

Danglydogs

Rank

Non Member

Cannock

Postby Danglydogs » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:40 am

I'll be having a walk up there midday to have a look around before depositing myself in the pub next door :D, wanted to get mine finished but the rain the last few weks has halted plans :(

Hopefully we'll have some nice weather. weather for saturday is currently showing on BBC as sunny intervals reaching a massive 20 degrees by 4pm. Can't beat the great british summer :?
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:55 am

I plan to get to this at some point.
Next

• Advertisement