Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

CarFest North 2-4th August 2013 Oulton Park -ONE PLACE LEFT

Postby BIG_MVS » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:11 pm

Anyone interested in this?

http://www.carfestnorth.org/

I have made preliminary enquiries and it looks like we might get a stand.

Plus points are much reduced entry tickets for car clubs and it looks like a cracking weekend. Downside is that we are limited to 7 cars on display.

I would like to see a mix of cars so maybe in an ideal world the following:

1 x A110
1 x A310
2 x GTA's
2 x A610's
1 x Spider

Sorry to be so specific but that's what we could be ending up with. Anyone interested in coming? I'll start a list with possibles:

MVS - A610
Turbodog - GTA
Steve Dell - Spider/A310 (goal to get it back on the road Steve!)
JohnB - A110
Last edited by BIG_MVS on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:39 pm

A 5 Turbo would be nice or maybe a V6 Clio if they don't have a stand there.

Should be a great event. I did Car Fest South last year.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Spyder

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:17 pm

Cholsey,Oxfordshire

Postby Spyder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:51 pm

I might be interested in this
Renault Spider / Citreon DS3 / Nissan X Trail / 1955 Lambretta 150 ld / Trek Fuel EX8
User

Williams

Rank

Non Member

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:14 am

Hampshire

Postby Williams » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:09 am

Its looking like we (v6Clio.net) shall be having a stand at both North and South. Would be great to see you guys there too! :)
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:55 am

Costs are through. It's £540 for a pitch inc VAT.

We would get 14 tickets (2 per car) for the whole weekend. That sounds expensive but when you divide it only comes to £38 per person. nb Weekend tickets on the gate are £105 each so there is a saving. Is this what they are charging the V6 Clio club Shaun?

Anyone Still interested?
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

RIP OFF

Postby si21 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:57 pm

BIG_MVS wrote:Costs are through. It's £540 for a pitch inc VAT.

We would get 14 tickets (2 per car) for the whole weekend. That sounds expensive but when you divide it only comes to £38 per person. nb Weekend tickets on the gate are £105 each so there is a saving. Is this what they are charging the V6 Clio club Shaun?

Anyone Still interested?

Sorry Martin but now I know why I have never been to either event; North or South only £38 FOR YOU TO TAKE YOUR CAR AND CREATE THE STATIC DISPLAY THEY MAKE MONEY FROM...BARGAIN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but that does not sound like good value to me

Lots of Laughs just for you big fella sI21
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:08 pm

I went to Carfest North last year and had the Esprit on display. The tickets are very good value (approx half the actual admission cost IF you can even get a ticket I think) and obviously a good portion of the cash goes to Charity. But the actual event was without doubt the best car related event that I have been too in the UK (although I love Prescott as a purely car event).

It had everything and made the Cholmondeley pageant of Power seem a bit poor in comparison. The Concert at the end of each day was fabulous and for a complete weekend of entertainment, it was difficult to beat. Even the weather was amazing last year although they have moved it back to August from September which probably means it'll rain all weekend. And Chris Evans gained a huge amount of respect from me for the way he conducted himself the whole weekend and he was a real entertainer on the stage and made a massive effort to get out amongst the crowds all weekend.

I'll probably be up for doing it again Martin, especially as it's even closer to me than Cholmondeley. Just be warned that if you do take your car, you will struggle to move it during the day (if it's anything like last year).
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:51 pm

If you factor in the concert and the hill climb the tickets are great value. The southern public tickets were double the club price and sold out in 1 or 2 hours I think.

Also it's not just a car show so they are not necessarily making money from you just giving you the oppotunity to go cheaper and have better parking and as John says the money goes to Children in Need.

Depending on how the tickets/passes are distributed I guess we could have up to 14 different cars over the weekend if some people only want to go one day.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Put me down as a definite Martin. Assume the A110 at the moment but, you never know, I might have the A310 on the road by then.
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

\MMMMM nobody mentioned

Postby si21 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Nobody mentioned it being a charity event; but still I rather be doing than watching for a bit more money I can enter and compete in an event myself or book a couple of on track sessions at Lydden. Its just my opinion but personally I will be concentrating on more motor sport events this year after-all there is only so many static shows you can go to and I just get twitchy feet and hands watching others drive competitively :lol: rather pay the money and do it for real myself :wink:

Si21
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:12 pm

OK guys and dolls.

So far we have:

BIG_MVS - A610
MellowYellow - A610
JohnB - A110

Possibly Spyder - Spider

Anyone else?
User

turbodog

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 05, 2004 5:57 pm

NORTH WALES

Postby turbodog » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Put me down as well GTA Turbo
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Updated list:

BIG_MVS - A610
MellowYellow - A610
JohnB - A110
Turbodog - GTA

Possibly Spyder - Spider

That's 4 definates, anyone else? Steve could you commit? When we have 7 definates I can fill the form and get us booked in, please confirm interest asap. This will be a really good event.
User

baldrick

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:07 pm

southend essex

Postby baldrick » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm

i cant make the north one as i finish work at 4.30 in the morning after night shift so dont think i be able to drive up there, but may well be interested in the south one at the end of the month if we haveing a club stand there
1989 GTA ATMO (YELLOW)
1972 SILHOUETTE ZAGAROFF (project)
2006 SUZUKI SV1000
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:48 pm

I had a dream last night that Steve Dell rang me direct to say:

Martin, thanks for starting this thread and trying to organise this meet. I'm a definate and I will come in my so and so Alpine. The cheque for the event is in the post, get it booked. Also I have posted the 2 side vents we discussed 3 weeks ago, looking forward to seeing them on your alpine

Alas it was just a distant dream :roll:
Next

• Advertisement