RATS' Open Day/Meet

Discussions about events and meetings

Rat in the kitchen, wot date I gonna do ?

8th
No votes
15th
100%

Total votes : 7
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Re: RATS' Open Day/Meet

Postby clee » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:50 pm

I have a tomato and pepper glut so these will all be available on the day also :mrgreen:
The old boy nextdoor keeps moaning at me to pick them so I'll do that as well .......All organic top notch ,get yer 5 a day :!:
Eggs ...got a broody hen so a bit down on bumnuts as she keeps them under guard and has an evil peck :evil:
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Bloody Hell that looks far too healthy!

I hope we is gettin some a qualitee meat as well init peeps?

1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:23 pm

bloody blinky blimes matey peeps ...My mates wife is called Donna so you can ask for a looks at her kebabs :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:18 pm

That's enough about your evil pecker! :oops:
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:48 pm

I'll have to choke the fecker :mrgreen:

For those attending I will have an array of goodies and shi...hard to find spares available to purchase on the day .Shout up if there is anything you want .I'm sure BigM could bring his remaining bits .MoFo I think will be bring some tuning packages as well .

If anyone has stuff coming/wanting from Mr Dell I'm sure we can sort me collecting on the Friday at Lutterworth ?? Can have a bit of a swap meet .

Had a good old tidy up at the weekend and looking a fair bit better with a tad more space .I have a few boxes left at home but that's only a 2 min drive away .

Any more confirms ? Hopefully we'll have a few more than have said so far 8)
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Lee

I still plan to be there :)

In terms of bits and bobs I am still after a fuel pump cover, and do you have a working drivers door lock solenoid? Mine died yesterady

I would also like to pick up my Dieppe bits if thats ok.

What time for arrival? Am I expected to clean the car first?
Ginetta G33, TVR Tuscan, Audi A6 Quattro, Subaru Outback. Blue GTA Turbo

"If everything feels under control, you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Sunday's weather forecast should save you the job of washing it!
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 pm

I'll worry about the weather when I stop worrying about cars ....as for washing ..... up to those that attend .
I might start that game one day but for now I like the beauty on the inside :P Having said that ,just had these back from powdercoat

I'll be there from 10 so anytime after that is fine .I have a box with your bits in Nick and I'll look for the other bits ..we can also pop you car on some ramps and dripwatch :mrgreen:
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Ramps not required, it drips without them :) Just some white paper or a clean block paved drive will do :)

"If everything feels under control, you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti
User

jon_viola

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:45 pm

Sussex

Postby jon_viola » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:43 pm

I'll be there. El Presidente has some bits for me if you wouldn't mind picking them up when you meet.

See you Sunday!
1989 GTA Turbo
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate- A.K.A Badke Bus

www.badkequartet.co.uk
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:14 pm

I should be good to come up...

So what I'll bring, depends what peeps are interested in. I can bring an ecu setup to swap OE programmed calibrated chips, so if someone wants to try the final version of OE calibration with some other mods, boost cut removed, and some other bits, then they can... swap ecu and take it for a blast on the old bum'ometer to compare what they have. So a little road test there for folk if they want, probably best chance to give that a go.

I will also have an ecu full modified to be reprogrammed for a cam, injector, turbo swap package. I'll have the cams, ecu, and the injector part of the package with me. The new turbo turbine shaft and compressor are off for balance that will then be built up as matched unit for this package on return. This will only be on sale as a package, and best if you wangle a fitting deal with CLee, and obviously cross my palm with hot cross buns, full support provided. This is the last set of stage 1 cams I have left, hence the package deal, after that any subsequent supply will only be by special order; price will be subject prevailing rates and will have to wait until I have something else going through to make it worth while. So if you want a chunky power increase shout up, or I'll Euro Ebay (last modified ecu went for 450 Euro on its own) as it's time to clear out and make room for something new :twisted:

I can't think of any other bits'n'bobs folk might want to see?

See you all Sunday 8)
Martin
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:32 pm

MFaulks wrote:.
I should be good to come up...

So what I'll bring, depends what peeps are interested in. I can bring an ecu setup to swap OE programmed calibrated chips, so if someone wants to try the final version of OE calibration with some other mods, boost cut removed, and some other bits, then they can... swap ecu and take it for a blast on the old bum'ometer to compare what they have. So a little road test there for folk if they want, probably best chance to give that a go.

I will also have an ecu full modified to be reprogrammed for a cam, injector, turbo swap package. I'll have the cams, ecu, and the injector part of the package with me. The new turbo turbine shaft and compressor are off for balance that will then be built up as matched unit for this package on return. This will only be on sale as a package, and best if you wangle a fitting deal with CLee, and obviously cross my palm with hot cross buns, full support provided. This is the last set of stage 1 cams I have left, hence the package deal, after that any subsequent supply will only be by special order; price will be subject prevailing rates and will have to wait until I have something else going through to make it worth while. So if you want a chunky power increase shout up, or I'll Euro Ebay (last modified ecu went for 450 Euro on its own) as it's time to clear out and make room for something new :twisted:

I can't think of any other bits'n'bobs folk might want to see?

See you all Sunday 8)
Martin

Both sound interesting! I have decided mine is too slow :( Thats what comes of having a Tuscan beforehand. TBH the power band could be wider, I know bvery little about turbo engines, so if, easy things can be done and make it a bit quicker then all is good :)

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:08 am

Yep understand, I think it is always an issue of finding the right balance. The OE setup and performance is de-tuned and much of the character of the car is missing in my opinion, and I don't mean taking things too far either, as a balance of performance, reliability, working with the gear ratios, OE clutch, braking capability etc... then it does bring it to life without meaning all those other components need to be changed / uprated. Discussed this at length with Darren on his thread, here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5452&start=60

as he's had the Stage I kit as indeed Teglen, Will, JV (initially), LTH boys, Stunned et al... Where ever you source parts, I think a stage I kit or equivalent as a combo really suits this car (and all the specs are there to see), it is definitely worth doing, and if I had an engine out for any other refurb I wouldn't even think twice, but do ask the other owners opinions.

Anyway, to make life easier on the day, can you please have the trim removed from around the ecu, and even better still, remove the lid on the ecu and let me know what version of calibration you currently have, see here for more details:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6462

That would be great, and I can then make sure I have the right bits with me.

Cheers,
Martin
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
no avatar
User

andy001

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Postby andy001 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:50 am

clee wrote:I'll have to choke the fecker :mrgreen:

For those attending I will have an array of goodies and shi...hard to find spares available to purchase on the day .Shout up if there is anything you want .I'm sure BigM could bring his remaining bits .MoFo I think will be bring some tuning packages as well .

If anyone has stuff coming/wanting from Mr Dell I'm sure we can sort me collecting on the Friday at Lutterworth ?? Can have a bit of a swap meet .

Had a good old tidy up at the weekend and looking a fair bit better with a tad more space .I have a few boxes left at home but that's only a 2 min drive away .

Any more confirms ? Hopefully we'll have a few more than have said so far 8)

you found my rad scoop yet :oops: lets here pretty please for a peddle cover :lol:
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:18 pm

MFaulks wrote:.
Yep understand, I think it is always an issue of finding the right balance. The OE setup and performance is de-tuned and much of the character of the car is missing in my opinion, and I don't mean taking things too far either, as a balance of performance, reliability, working with the gear ratios, OE clutch, braking capability etc... then it does bring it to life without meaning all those other components need to be changed / uprated. Discussed this at length with Darren on his thread, here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5452&start=60

as he's had the Stage I kit as indeed Teglen, Will, JV (initially), LTH boys, Stunned et al... Where ever you source parts, I think a stage I kit or equivalent as a combo really suits this car (and all the specs are there to see), it is definitely worth doing, and if I had an engine out for any other refurb I wouldn't even think twice, but do ask the other owners opinions.

Anyway, to make life easier on the day, can you please have the trim removed from around the ecu, and even better still, remove the lid on the ecu and let me know what version of calibration you currently have, see here for more details:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6462

That would be great, and I can then make sure I have the right bits with me.

Cheers,
Martin

Cant get to the ecu at the moment, car is blocked into the garage by a scaffold tower thant won't be leaving until tonight or first thing just before I leave

PreviousNext

• Advertisement