User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Re: Le Mans Classic 2014

Postby JohnC » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:29 am

mellowyellowa610 wrote:Below is our video of the event. I went down in the white Esprit this time but there is lots of Alpine content in the video. Great event and I hope the video manages to capture a little of the atmosphere. Sit back as it's 20 mins long but well worth a watch.

Great video John, Thanks for posting it.
After this years trip to France, will we be seeing you in Macon next year with the 610 ?

John
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:50 am

Nice video.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:20 pm

I went down in the white Esprit this time

Is your Esprit what I think it is? S4S or a lookie-likie?
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:18 pm

The white Esprit is an early carb Turbo but has been highly modified so has more power than the S4s (300bhp). It is a very quick car and didn't miss a beat over 2000 hard driven miles to LMC.

Building this one at the moment though, a road legal track Esprit which has a modified (unique from the factory) Sport 300 engine and gearbox with limited slip diff that has nearly 400bhp with decat and modified race centre exit exhaust, full race suspension (rose jointed with fully adjustable shocks), Monster 6 brakes, Sport 350 rear spoiler etc etc. Will have it at Carfest North on the Friday although I'm not sure at this moment whether it will be driven or will go on a trailer.

The Alpine has been slightly neglected this Summer (I do occasionally take it to work or go for a Sunday drive!) as all the time as gone into work and the race car. So many things to do when building a car more or less from scratch (new chassis, new shell etc) and lots of conflicts as many parts of the car are from different years of Esprit (some parts are early Stevens, some parts are Sport 300, some are S4/S4s and many other parts are later V8 so making it all work together is tricky). Visually the car will look like a V8, sound better than a V8, have more power than a V8 but in my opinion has the best engine of all Esprit's.

darrenbiggs wrote:
I went down in the white Esprit this time

Is your Esprit what I think it is? S4S or a lookie-likie?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:47 pm

The white Esprit is an early carb Turbo but has been highly modified so has more power than the S4s (300bhp).

Excellent. I've always liked the Esprit, particularly the S4S. Sport 300 is a bit of serious kit, as white Lotus' go they don't get much more hardcore.... sounds like your new one will be as hardcore as they get. Apart from this guy..... :sarcasm

So began...the Massacre of the Shaolin Temple, and all sixty of the monks inside, at the fists of the White Lotus.

I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Previous

• Advertisement