User

jonc

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:08 am

Oxfordshire

Re: Prescott La Vie en Bleu 2014 - 24th & 25th May CHEAP TIC

Postby jonc » Mon May 26, 2014 10:19 am

Thanks to Miles and Stephen - and everyone else for all your efforts on the event.
I could only manage Saturday (although Sunday would have been better for a whole bunch of reasons!) but we had a great, if wet day.
Sorry I had to leave a little early and also sorry I didn't provide quite as much entertainment when leaving the orchard parking as others did ;)

Hope you all managed to get out without too much difficulty.

Jon
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Mon May 26, 2014 1:53 pm

WELL DONE :super Ricky Garner for comming 2nd in class 8.Frist in my opinion as when are ford sierra cosworths French.Here he is with 3rd place Barrie Whizzo Williams. ;)
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
User

Avantina

Rank

Non Member

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Selhurst London SE

Postby Avantina » Mon May 26, 2014 5:47 pm

A Great Fabby Day..... Mega Thanx to Stephen, and Mega Mega Thanx to Miles, who did a fantastic job at arranging sooo much in such a short time !!! :up :up :up
See Ya'll again next year ...... and probably at some of the other meetings this year !! :wave
VaVa Vooooom... x
02 Avantime Illiad Blue ,Exception Pack 2. 1991 Yamaha FZX 750
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon May 26, 2014 9:25 pm

first on board video, this is Barrie Williams final run which netted him 3rd in class
http://youtu.be/R5-Rsq0PWwc

don't forget that (very!) detailed results can be found at: http://www.resultsman.co.uk/LiveTiming/ ... wnload=672
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

r5nga

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Guildford, Surrey

Postby r5nga » Tue May 27, 2014 11:08 am

An excellent day I must say, made all the better by being the only Spider at the entire event :) Our Competitors parking area was very muddy which made things a little interesting on the hill (road tyres, full of clag), but my last run of 57.65s was broadly acceptable, although a little way off last year's 55.82s, set in the scorchio heat. Well done to Ricky G though - 2nd in Class is an outstanding result!

I'd not tried lunch in the new Bugatti clubhouse/café thing before and it was very good indeed. Lovely drive home in the sunshine, reminding me why I was pleased to have avoided Saturday and the very wet weather (apart from the drive down to Tewksbury in the evening).

Great to meet people again and thanks to Miles and Steve for another top day out. And I hope Simon's car made it home in the end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spider. Yellow, obviously.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue May 27, 2014 1:18 pm

and Ricky's fastest run: http://youtu.be/nTKCI6LgxFA
(note the issues with the flat shift not working since Barrie's off costing a possible high 50 second run I would guess. will have to investigate when I get the chance, hopefully only mud jamming the kill switch.)
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue May 27, 2014 7:07 pm

and now the one you have been waiting for...

Barrie Williams going off the edge at semi circle.

http://youtu.be/WZu12xGs9Ys
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Tue May 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Are so thats how its done :sarcasm
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Tue May 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Excellent video,
No real damage which is a real bonus.

That will be the envelope then haha.
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:25 am

Yes, a big thank you to Miles and Team Dell for the weekend :up :up

And well done to R Garnier LOL (In Joke) for his second in class :super :super , got to be a first next year so no pressure there then :up .
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:52 pm

A big congratulations to Riku for an outstanding drive for 2nd in class ahead of a very quick and experienced Whizzo ;-) Mark ...get him a single seater get him noticed ;-)

After a very pleasing/promising start with a box rebuild with upgrades and Holley Carb conversion I went sub 1 minute in 59.14 seconds for my first practice run on a drying but damp/wet in places track which was very slippery. Previously a typical first run would be 62 - 62.5 seconds. I thought my PB of 56.95 set last year on a hot dry track was going to tumble!! Famous last words unfortunately as I suffered gearbox linkage issues and power loss losing the main chokes on the Holley finishing the run on primaries from Ettoires (first hairpin) onwards.

The car looked at I proceeded to road test the car and the linkage issue seemed to have resolved itself not having been sure it had existed in the first place as power drop had also made the car feel and drive as though stuck in 3rd gear. Well everything cleared itself out on the road still not being sure what the issues were I got back to the Paddock just in time to join the Q for my first timed run. Well it started fantastically getting off the line really well knocking off 3 tenths of my 64ft time and up into 3rd gear before bridge and it all started to go horribly wrong again power and linkage probs and I was red flagged due to an inccident with a preceeding car. I was given a re-run but requested some time to look at the car at which point the car overheated due to a fuse issue on the fans after loosing reverse gear due to more linkage issues = too many issues to be fixed on a wet grassy muddy hillside as my pit!!!= Game Over but with suspension and brake upgrades on the horizon I have the hope that my Old Atmo may still have a few tricks in under arches and a point to prove ;-)

Phil thanks for the pic at least you caught me smiling!!! Car trailered to and from event so no further stress there, now trying to get the car fixed for Abingdon Car-nival on the 7th

Many thanks to Steve and Miles for putting on the Ritz despite having a very frustrating day, I did however have a great weekend :D

si21
User

Avantina

Rank

Non Member

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Selhurst London SE

Postby Avantina » Sat May 31, 2014 1:03 pm

Prescott House is for sale ..... Any Millionaire Members here ??
A Bargain at £3,000,000 ..... You'd only get a small flat in Mayfair for that price !!
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/40431688
02 Avantime Illiad Blue ,Exception Pack 2. 1991 Yamaha FZX 750
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Sat May 31, 2014 2:27 pm

When we were there we were chatting to the Course marshall , he aid that he had been approached by a chinese man who said he'd just bought it, and wanted to run his Lambo up the hill to show his public....but they declined his offer....I wonder if that was true or if its still for sale?
If only I have 3 million to spare... :wave
Last edited by mettersl on Sat May 31, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat May 31, 2014 5:08 pm

did see a for sale sign by the gate but did not know what was actually for sale. No doubt the new owners will be complaining about the noise.
Previous

• Advertisement