User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:22 pm

Hi Guys

This is Dawn :wink: - I'd just like to pop on and thank Stephen for pulling it off (as it were). The chateau looks fabulous (although rather spooky :twisted: ).

I *think* I'm looking forward to meeting you all - so long as you don't talk about stupid cars all the time :lol: .

dawn
xx
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:28 pm

top digs mate beats the formula 1 hands down! :lol:
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:44 am

Looking very unlikely now for me I'm afraid... :(
Accomodation looks fab!
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:24 pm

Are we David Hally day fans ???
On Saturday evening, he will take to the stage for a huge free concert organized on the circuit. It will be one of the highlights of the weekend. :?
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:42 pm

I think we'll be giving that a miss!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

FINAL ARRANGEMENTS

Postby stephendell » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:08 pm

Hopefully you will have all received your paperwork from Renault. If you don't already have one, please stick your paddock pass in the left hand corner of your windscreen. You might like to fill out your display card while still at home using you PC & Printer.

Please can we meet as a group in the slip road before the check-in booths. Most of us are booked on the 14.06 but some are later. If we all check in together with a 14.06 booking at the front we should all be able to travel together.

I would suggest meeting by 1.00pm (13:00) preferably before. Could the first person there drive down the slip road a sensible distance, reasonably close to the check-in booths and wait for the others. This should not be a problem unless there is a long queue.

Eurotunnel is just after Junction 10 on the M20.

There is a petrol station almost immediately as you leave the shuttle terminal in Calais. It would be sensible to fill up here.

Andy: Is it possible for you to meet us here or is there no way to get access unless you are on the shuttle?

Please remember to bring your passport (especially David!), booking reference and the credit card you booked your ticket on.

You can change your money if necessary in the shuttle terminal (if we are early).

You will need 200 euros cash (per person) to settle the bill at the chateau (currently around 185 euros). + 30 euros cash per person for the gala evening + 10 euros per car admission (one time payment only) + spending money for the factory shop. + Alain Prost International Karting :wink:

Please don't charge items to your room at the chateau as it is a block booking. Can you settle any extras e.g. bar bills in person as we go along to keep things simple.

Andy bring some cash for your Spider parts if they remember them!!

For the route I suggest:

A16 to Abbeville
A28/N138 to Le Mans via Rouen & Alencon

Does any one have a better suggestion?
Last edited by stephendell on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:07 am

Route is the best one to take on a friday as all others are via Paris and it's like a car park for hours, around the time we would be passing through...

The meeting place... I don't know if you can access the garage from the south, if I can't there is a service station on the A16 exit 8 which is easy to get to as it's on route. if I can't make the first meeting place I'll send you a text and you should receive it when your train arrives and I'll proceed to the one on the A16 if you decide to go that route.

Regards

Andy :twisted:
no avatar
User

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:02 am

Stephen has all the entrance paperwork been sent to individuals or to you? as mine hasn't arrived yet, but the post hasen't been yet today...

Andy
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:32 am

Straight to individuals. It all arrived on Monday/Tuesday so yours should be at Gailey.

Paddock pass sticker is the same as before if you have one. I have a spare. Entrance plaque is red rather than green this time.

Let me know if you have a problem. I'm sure we can arrange a photocopy or similar.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:01 am

Stephen, I have received nothing, except another invitation letter and application form. wot 2 do ?
Firsts at
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

EUROTUNNEL

Postby stephendell » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:21 am

Hi Simon, I wouldn't worry too much,but are you sure you didn't get it? It just looks like the usual application letter but there is a sticker tucked in there somewhere. As you still have your Paddock pass from last time you should be OK.

Regarding the London Bomb blasts, Eurotunnel confirm that they are not affected in any way and service should be assumed to be running as normal tomorrow unless an announcement is made.

They suggest arriving earlier to allow for possible additional security checks. In light of that I would suggest arriving by 12.30pm if possible. (This is the earliest possible check-in time for those who were only able to book the 14:36)
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:25 am

I have not received the paddock pass and associated material, yet.
If any one has a spare one or a Zolder one, please could they bring it along for me?
Many thanks in advance. Simon.
Firsts at
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:33 am

simontaylor wrote:I have not received the paddock pass and associated material, yet.
If any one has a spare one or a Zolder one, please could they bring it along for me?
Many thanks in advance. Simon.

I've got 2 parking passes ,only 1 sticker tho .
no avatar
User

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:39 pm

nothing's arrived.....
I've got a sticker from last time so I just need a copy of the A4 sized one if thats possible please,

I've checked out the service station in Calais and you can only access it on the exit roads from the tunnel so the best place for me to meet is the Services on the A16 it's about 10 mins south of Calais so it's en route anyway and the fuel is cheaper than the one by the tunnel as it's the most expensive garage in France I think!

I've seen you will be taking the 1436 crossing so you'll arrive in calais about 1610 I'll be at the Services by 4pm if you're going to be earlier / later send me a text please, to let me know and i'll drink the place dry of coffee to kill time.

see you tomorrow.

Andy :twisted:
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:34 am

Hi Andy,

We're on the 14:06 so will be earlier