User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Re: Carfest

Postby Dave Williams » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Think this is the same weekend as WSR Silverstone...28 Aug. I assume RAOC will be a part of that..

..but Carfest would be an easier sell to my wife and kids as it has broader appeal than a Renault centric event like WSR (I would go to Carfest North again but that clashes with another weekend we've just booked..Camp Bestival Jul 30).

WSR and Carfest are different events with different appeal..
For me though I do need to book these things well in advance (with work and family commitments..the same for many folk)...especially in the school hols...the Carfest details/format are well known..so appeals on that basis...but last year we booked as a club quite late for Carfest North and it meant my family had other plans...so I went alone to a cracking family event..

I suppose if the WSR plans are shared then interest levels for Carfest South can be gauged.
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:53 am

Was very hard to get tickets last year at anything like a reasonable price. I've been told its similar to GFS with a bit more diversity i.e food :0)
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:00 am

On the basis the WSR date has now changed..perhaps carfest south is viable as a club event..if they will have us....
I'd be happy to help coordinate if that helps..as this comes soon after OrigineRS...can imagine Steve has a lot on..
The trickiest thing (after securing a place and enough interested folk) is to get 7 cars there for early Friday morning (and then keeping a full display)....assuming it is the same club display format as carfest north.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:31 am

We are going as we managed to get some tickets, but could also take a car, and it is not to far away from us
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:32 pm

I'd be happy to cover 2 days at Carfest South, the missus not keen on the 4 hour drive oop north.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:45 am

Now a possibility subject to interest
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:27 am

ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:32 am

£780 for a Club pitch. Only 5 cars this year (instead of the usual 7). No club banners etc allowed. :Butt
£180 per person for camping pitch's.
If you are in to pop bands, pies and cakes, then it is reasonable value.
If you want to go to a car event, there are many which are better.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:28 am

Yes I won't be organising/going to Car Fest North this year.

They kept us hanging on until the last minute whether they were going to let us come or not. Then they would not let us out on the circuit because we were "too noisy" behind all the Ferrari's and other cool cars, which was a bit naughty I thought.

It is a great event though if you have not been before so I guess the club should try CarFest south to see if it's any better.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 am

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:40 pm

Disappointed to hear that Martin. I agree that if you are not into the bands, then it's not the greatest car event and expensive too, but it is for charity & for me probably the only event I am likely to get my wife to attend!

Were you recounting last year's experience or are they dragging their feet on accepting us again this year? I do think they tried to make it too elitist, but I guess that's their prerogative. In the end they want the space filled surely?

Could we get 5 cars for this year? Anyone else interested?
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:44 pm

Rob don't let me stop you, if you can get 5 peeps confirmed then go for it. If you talk to Mr Dell nicely he will probably be able to book both the North and South Car Fests for the club :up
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 am

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:50 am

Rob don't let me stop you, if you can get 5 peeps confirmed then go for it. If you talk to Mr Dell nicely he will probably be able to book both the North and South Car Fests for the club :up

Cheers Martin. In a post on a different thread Stephen confirmed that Carfest North was on the events calendar this year, so are there another 4 interested people with cars out there (or more if we can share the days) ? Let's hear from you! Always assuming that the organisers will accept us, of course!

Re the camping charges, although it seems excessive, I am fairly sure it is for a pitch (not per person) on a dedicated site away from the public areas, and can accommodate up to 6 people in up to 3 tents, so not quite as expensive as it seems at first sight

I am happy to take on the co-ordination tasks, although I have little experience so would appreciate any advice
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT

• Advertisement