User

Keith Hall

Rank

Non Member

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Brighton, East Sussex

Macon packing/kit list

Postby Keith Hall » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:34 pm

So my first ( and hopefully not the last - I know its supposed to never happen again :( ) trip to Macon is about a month and a half away.......

Any tips on what I should take with me......obviously other than a coat in case it rains whilst driving the Spider :D

Any Spider owners got tips as well e.g. what should I do about headlamp beam converters etc

Cheers all!

Keith
Just a Yellow Sport Spider...... ::N ::I ::C ::E
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Re: Macon packing/kit list

Postby eastlmark » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:07 pm

don't bother with headlamp diverters... no one else will.

You will need stuff for wet weather and protection from the sun just in case. I got burned to heck last time I took a Spider there.
You need to devise some method of keeping cash and toll tickets to hand without them blowing away. Also somehow try to keep space for stuff you can bring home, usually a few bottles and some other local produce.
I am trailering with van and happy to bring any stuff if anyone requires me too. Leaving Thursday evening so need to get anything to me well before then.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:31 pm

I'd guess Alka-Seltzer's and Ibuprofen would be a wise precaution... :Cheer
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Thats not too funny.
Has Mark told you that he spent the best part of a week in a French hospital, after an Alpine "trip". And for the first day he only had RAOC members for supporting his morale and English company. You guessed it.......we just messed about in the beds. I am sure some one has pictures. He also had to send his son home with us, poor Riku.
As for your suggested medication, i should just stick with the beer rather than drink with the Irish.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:22 pm

...aww Simon, you enjoyed drinking with Rich, it was just the next day that didn't go so well...!!
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Seriously though...

Don't bother about headlight converters etc. Someone else will have probably have tools and frankly the Spider should be able to take the run without a problem. Not a particularly stressed car.
Sun cream essential.
As is a light rainproof coat.
Space for wine on the return.
Who is your passenger?
User

r5nga

Rank

Non Member

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Guildford, Surrey

Postby r5nga » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:32 pm

I think this will be our 9th or 10th year in the Spider and I agree with the comments about headlights and expected Spider reliability. Have a few useful spares with you (like a spare bonnet/boot release handle - had one break at Le Mans once and it's a giant ar5e the get into the thing with nothing more than a Gerber....), but there will be enough of us there to affect repairs should they be needed.

Although I've invested (in truth it costs just 20 quid) a Telepeage widget, the trick with tolls is a credit card. Simple, quick and can be stuffed up a sleeve so it doesn't blow away. Take a big golf brolly too, as we've rarely had a trip that's been properly dry....

Looking forward to it.
Spider. Yellow, obviously.
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:39 pm

Keith all of the above are good especially the brolly for sun as well as rain. I was thinking about what I took last time and no one has mentioned about cleaning the car. Everyone makes an effort to start the rally clean so a simple kit of collapsible bucket sponge,micro fiber clothes and some aqua wax should do. Also maybe a steering lock as the cars will be left in car parks which are open to the public.
Lastly you may want to get a pair of C G Locks for your seat belts. These make standard belts into more of a fixed lap belt but with a free moving shoulder one. Sounds a bit odd but for me they really stop your hips moving around even in a good seat like the Spiders.

And you don't want to be slipping out of your Spider do you............

Anyway tight belts :up and if I think of anything else I will post it up ;)
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Small towel to dry seats and anything on the floor under the seats needs to be in a plastic bag as the floor is slow to drain and a little water in a Spider goes a long way.
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
User

Keith Hall

Rank

Non Member

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Brighton, East Sussex

Postby Keith Hall » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:53 pm

miles thomas wrote:Keith all of the above are good especially the brolly for sun as well as rain. I was thinking about what I took last time and no one has mentioned about cleaning the car. Everyone makes an effort to start the rally clean so a simple kit of collapsible bucket sponge,micro fiber clothes and some aqua wax should do. Also maybe a steering lock as the cars will be left in car parks which are open to the public.
Lastly you may want to get a pair of C G Locks for your seat belts. These make standard belts into more of a fixed lap belt but with a free moving shoulder one. Sounds a bit odd but for me they really stop your hips moving around even in a good seat like the Spiders.

Wozzers!!.... :wtf

Not planning that for my Spider!
Just a Yellow Sport Spider...... ::N ::I ::C ::E
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Keith Hall wrote:
miles thomas wrote:Keith all of the above are good especially the brolly for sun as well as rain. I was thinking about what I took last time and no one has mentioned about cleaning the car. Everyone makes an effort to start the rally clean so a simple kit of collapsible bucket sponge,micro fiber clothes and some aqua wax should do. Also maybe a steering lock as the cars will be left in car parks which are open to the public.

Wozzers!!.... :wtf

Not planning that for my Spider!

but to avoid that..... you need good brakes and soft tyres..... that car was rebuilt and as far as I know its still running.

I'm doing a list of parts to repair a car that was posted on my facebook page..... looks pretty bad but it will be back on the road after some blood sweat, tears and yellow and grey paint....
no avatar
User

maxi.man

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 07, 2007 11:32 pm

Postby maxi.man » Fri May 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Keith Hall wrote:So my first ( and hopefully not the last - I know its supposed to never happen again :( ) trip to Macon is about a month and a half away.......

Any tips on what I should take with me......obviously other than a coat in case it rains whilst driving the Spider :D

Any Spider owners got tips as well e.g. what should I do about headlamp beam converters etc

Cheers all!

Keith
perhaps a spare credit card with sufficient funds for those unexpected surprises
MAXI AND ABARTH REPLICAS ON THE WAY

• Advertisement