User

Plug550

Rank

Non Member

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Northamptonshire

Le Mans - Saint Saturnin 2016

Postby Plug550 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:10 am

Anyone going? I understand that this years Great British Welcome meeting at St. Saturnin on the Friday before Le Mans has Alpine as the featured marque.

I've been to the last couple of Mulsanne meets at Le Mans, and there's always been a good turn out of Alpines as well. One needs military precision timing to get around to all the shows these days on the Friday!
A610 & GTA V6 Turbo.
User

baldrick

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:07 pm

southend essex

Re: Le Mans - Saint Saturnin 2016

Postby baldrick » Tue May 03, 2016 8:38 pm

think we are going to give GBW a miss this year plus I'm not taking the alpine either :(

have fun mate and drop in for a cold one if your around blue nord at any point
1989 GTA ATMO (YELLOW)
1972 SILHOUETTE ZAGAROFF (project)
2006 SUZUKI SV1000
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue May 24, 2016 5:24 pm

FROM THE CLASSIC BRITISH WELCOME - PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY !!!

Hi everyone, to clear up any confusion, this is how the Classic British Welcome event at Saint Saturnin works.

First of all, for the general public bringing their cars, there is no pre-registration. . . it is NOT possible.
One of the committee decides which cars are 'sports/classics' and that determines if you get waved into the site or the public parking outside.
It is difficult to give a definitive answer on what gets on site, but the earlier you arrive the more chance there is.
We get more choosy the fuller the site gets.

We have given PH a space at the site that will accommodate around 200 cars. We have asked them to try to keep their cars to be in keeping with the spirit of the event. You need to register with PH for those spaces.

My advice is to arrive before 10am and if you want to get your car onto the site (unless registered with PH), come in a car worthy of being called a sports or classic car. The older the better!
We have worked with PH to try to improve entry to and departure from the site, and better signage back to Le Mans.

The theme is Alpine this year (first ever French theme) and we are expecting around 150 Alpines. Our indoor exhibition has every Alpine model and two Le Mans race Alpines from the 1970's/80's, plus the new just released model from the Alpine factory in Dieppe.
All of our 120 helpers are volunteers (98% French) and they are doing this because they love to see your cars.
Please ask any sensible questions, and I will reply if I can.
We look forward to seeing you all in June . .. your cars make our event what it is. Thank you!

Dave Williams
Vice President
Classic British Welcome
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

alpine99

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:23 pm

Kent

Postby alpine99 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Saint Saturnin has become increasingly busy over the years and I would certainly endorse the view that arriving early, and possibly avoiding the queue of boiling classic cars to get in, is the best option. I plan to take my GTA, as the event itself is usually well worth attending.

Regards

Iain

• Advertisement