RobS

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 am

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Tatton Park Classic Car Show

Postby RobS » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:14 pm

Look what parked next to me today :up

Needless to say no one was particularly interested in my car, or anything else in the vicinity really!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT
no avatar
User

andy001

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Tatton Park Classic Car Show

Postby andy001 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:30 pm

wow... a phase1 espace painted a few of them in my time.
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:23 pm

That one was formerly on the Practical Classics fleet Andy. Now a nice honest example with oodles of patina - ie paint not quite to your standards, but a really nice colour. Sorry I didn't take a proper photo
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT
no avatar
User

ChrisPackit

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Postby ChrisPackit » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:45 pm

I was at the Tatton Show on the Sunday and didn't see the 5 Turbo, was that on the Saturday? Didn't see any Alpines or fancy Renault representation at all in fact. Treated my Alpine to a run and left it in the general population, only to find it was a million degrees inside on the way home and the window trim seals decided to undress themselves in the midday sun !

Not a bad show though...
1990 GTA V6 Turbo
1994 500hp Drag MX5
1986 AW11 MR2
Previous... Nissan GTR (x6), Honda NSX, 911...
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:55 pm

I was at the Tatton Show on the Sunday and didn't see the 5 Turbo, was that on the Saturday? Didn't see any Alpines or fancy Renault representation at all in fact. Treated my Alpine to a run and left it in the general population, only to find it was a million degrees inside on the way home and the window trim seals decided to undress themselves in the midday sun !

Not a bad show though...

Sorry you missed us Chris - we were right in the top right hand corner of the field with another Renault club. I was there both days, the Turbo2 was just on Sunday. Over the course of the weekend we had a Mk1 Phase 1 Espace, as mentioned above, a couple of R12s, R18 Estate, GT Turbo and a Megane RS. JohnB was there on Saturday with his A310 in the Private Entry field, and other notable Renaults you might have seen on Sunday were a Floride, Dauphine and R8 push-button auto.

A very enjoyable show, but I have never known it to be so hot! My personal highlight was a lovely 1947 P2 Rover 16, which was our family's first car back in the early 60s. You often see the later P3 Rover 75 at shows, but I don't think I have seen a 16 since my Dad sold ours back in 1964!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement