RobS

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 am

Rugeley, Staffordshire

North Wales run/picnic

Postby RobS » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:19 am

Hi All

Back in March/April, when we were trying to come to terms with the loss of Andrew, there was a suggestion that we would organise a run out in the North Wales hills as a tribute to Andrew's contribution to the club.

Are we still up for this? I am pretty clear on most Sundays up to Sept 11th, apart from the Bank Holiday weekend, so if you (Martin?) would like to suggest a firm date, I am happy to help with the organisation.

Hope to hear some positive responses!
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Re: North Wales run/picnic

Postby The Saint » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:52 pm

If it's a weekend... I am up for it!! I am free all of August..
Maybe we could do that "Evo" triangle I keep hearing so many "PetrolHeads" harping on about???
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

Jango

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:38 am

Rotherham

Postby Jango » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:07 pm

I may be able to do it depend on which weekend, I/m on call 1 weekend in 3 13/14 on call and needs to be nice weather
A610, Venturi 300, Lotus Carlton, R129 SL60 AMG , 996 Turbo, Range Rover Classic 1994, TR7 V8 Rally Car, TR7 sprint Race car for sale, BMW 850 CSI. BMW GS1200 bike, Where's has all my time gone.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Good shout Rob, yes it will be nice to have a run out in North Wales as we discussed at the funeral and what I had organised and talked about with Andrew but for one reason or another it hasn't happened over the last few years sadly.

May I suggest a couple of dates and people say their preferences:

Sunday 28th August (bank holiday Monday follows)

Sunday 4th September

If people coming further afield would like to make a weekend of it and stay over the Saturday night then that would give them an option, please book all hotels etc yourselves.

Then we meet in the same pub in St Asaph Sunday morning (where we used to meet Andrew) and then go for a drive. I'll work on some routes (open to suggestions) and we can go from there. Have a few stops then finish in a pub for a bite to eat then head off home.

Let me know what dates suit.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:39 pm

I am otherwise engaged for the Bank Holiday weekend, and I would suggest the roads might be a bit busier then anyway. September 4th suits me fine, or the following weekend, when my wife will be away, would be even better!
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT
User

mogster242

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Bournemouth

Postby mogster242 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Would love to take part in this trip/picnic but sadly can't do the 28th as will be in France, can do the 4th though ;)
1989 GTA V6 Turbo Grey
Megane R26 F1
Clio 197
User

Jango

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:38 am

Rotherham

Postby Jango » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:15 pm

the 4/9/16 I'm on call that weekend but could do the one after
A610, Venturi 300, Lotus Carlton, R129 SL60 AMG , 996 Turbo, Range Rover Classic 1994, TR7 V8 Rally Car, TR7 sprint Race car for sale, BMW 850 CSI. BMW GS1200 bike, Where's has all my time gone.
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:02 am

Could do the 28th.

Dave
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:21 pm

So so far only 2 peeps committing to the one date (4th September), hmmmm

Anyone else? Shall we postpone till next Aug/September and try and advertise it giving people more time to prepare?

I would like to see at least 10 cars coming along to be honest to make it a worth while meet.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Sorry, already booked for Shere Hillclimb (Guildford) on 4th Sept.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

jon_viola

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:45 pm

Sussex

Postby jon_viola » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:32 pm

I'm on holiday sorry otherwise would be there and know some really great Welsh roads
1989 GTA Turbo
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate- A.K.A Badke Bus

www.badkequartet.co.uk
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:59 pm

Where is everyone then?

I agree with Martin about the number of cars we need to make it worthwhile, but would hope we can get people to turn out this year rather than next. I see Jango can do the 11th, which would be equally fine for me, but maybe that's not good for you, Martin?

There are a few northern/midlands based owners who don't seem to use the forum, so maybe we need to use the phone, email or message services to make sure everyone knows? Is there an emailing list we could use, if Data Protection allows it?

I do know a couple of Gordini owners who might join us, but would be better to get more plastic cars if possible! Probably not going to get Matt with the brown Turbo2 out to do that kind of mileage, but I can but ask!

Re the so-called Triangle, the Chief Constable has stated that they will be paying close attention to it during the Summer for "Anti-social driving" whatever that might be, so if we use that route, caution and restraint will be required
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:39 pm

I just want to go for a drive.. I still may just go on my own, during August, as I am off work then....
I know I spoke of the "Evo Triangle", but I have had a few " fellow car enthusiasts" tell me about it, and to avoid it now, as there are too many "Boy Racers" coming up from London for the day, and have now ruined it for everyone... See the link below..

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... c-11019270

I know that Andrew ( RIP ) took some members to "Liyn Stwlan reservoir, along a great, twisty closed road... I know of it but don't know how to get access to the gate?? ( If anyone does?? let me know..)
I am personally not that concerned with numbers.. I suppose a small number makes it easier when you stop off at some random coffee shop...
Anyway I can make most weekends, but I am still going to take a drive at some point during August, even if on my own..!
May even have a go at that Zip wire thing... :wtf or maybe the hydro electric power station tour... Yes I and a geek for these things..

http://www.zipworld.co.uk/adventure/detail/velocity
http://www.electricmountain.co.uk

Wales has so much to offer.. I am sure we can arrange something. Why just make it one date... I don't need an excuse to take the Alpine out!!

wales.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

mogster242

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Bournemouth

Postby mogster242 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:56 pm

If you want more numbers maybe suggest a date in 2nd part of September when the holiday season is finished and school as started again, people will be back and more available then maybe?

For me the only weekend i have free in August is the one of origin rs and in Sept I can do all weekends but the 11th
1989 GTA V6 Turbo Grey
Megane R26 F1
Clio 197
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Well I am close enough to be able to do two runs & even after Le Mans I have over 1500 miles left on my insurance limit, so unless you particularly want to go solo Vince, I can keep you company. I am free any Sunday in August except 28th, and any in September except 18th, so can we find some common ground on dates? I could also do an odd Saturday, 6th or 27th August or 3rd September if that would help.

Like Vince I would like a nice drive, but preferably with company!
Next

• Advertisement