stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Prescott 2017 - New Arrangements - Opinion Please

Postby stephendell » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Having received early details of the event there was no mention of club displays or areas so I made a further enquiries of Prescott just to be sure.

Today I received the following clarification:

Dear Stephen,

Re: La Vie en Bleu

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding La Vie en Bleu. This year Prescott have re-structured the Orchard car displays, so that vehicles are displayed in rows of French, Italian or ‘other marques’. They will not be providing dedicated car club signage or areas. If you would like your owners to be together, we would suggest meeting at a rendezvous point near to Prescott i.e. The Shutter Inn and coming in convoy. Tickets cost £15 per day (per person, in advance).

...Details of promotional code...

If for any reason you are unhappy with this new structure, please contact Stuart Webster, the General Manager at the Bugatti Owners Club on the number above.

Kind regards,
Rebecca

What do you think?

Do we still attend?

Sadly this seems to be a further dilution of the French theme. It was becoming clearer from the last couple of years that car clubs were becoming considered more trouble than they were worth. Specifically they were taking up parking space that could be sold at a premium to the general public.

I have also heard that several regular competitors may not be attending the hill climb and will be at different event but this has yet to be confirmed.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Re: Prescott 2017 - New Arrangements - Opinion Please

Postby simontaylor » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:12 pm

It is more of a Vie-en-bleu "day" rather than a "weekend" these days. I know what you mean

https://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/la-vie-en-bleu-italian-day

Says : ...... May 29th French Marques Day. A National ‘B’ meeting for members of the Morgan Three Wheeler, the
Bugatti Owners Club, Alpine Renault (championship), the British Automobile Racing (BARC), the Citroen Car, the Historic Sports Car (HSCC), the MAC, the Matra Enthusiasts, the Peugeot Sport, the Renault Alpine Owners’ and the Vintage Sports Car Club (VSCC).

Obliged really, as public invitation is published.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:39 pm

simontaylor wrote:It is more of a Vie-en-bleu "day" rather than a "weekend" these days. I know what you mean

https://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/la-vie-en-bleu-italian-day

Says : ...... May 29th French Marques Day. A National ‘B’ meeting for members of the Morgan Three Wheeler, the
Bugatti Owners Club, Alpine Renault (championship), the British Automobile Racing (BARC), the Citroen Car, the Historic Sports Car (HSCC), the MAC, the Matra Enthusiasts, the Peugeot Sport, the Renault Alpine Owners’ and the Vintage Sports Car Club (VSCC).

Obliged really, as public invitation is published.

Wrong link, this is 2017: https://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/even ... -bleu-2017
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:16 am

Well spotted.
Oh Dear, it does seem a little less French for 2017.
Maybe they just have to move with the times if the Rossa seems popular compared to the Bleu.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:40 am

This is a real shame. In 2009/10 this was one of the best French car events you could go to. But it has been slowly declining with less and less French content.
If Prescott isn't going to have club stands then this is just a sprint. That's fine if you like sprints but it is much less appealing for a family fun day out. How many people go to a sprint as apposes to a full car show? This probably won't have much affect this year but when the public find out they have payed just for a sprint and not a full weekend car show I would expect the numbers will drop off quickly.
It's a real shame as I love the setting and I will be at the school in April and was going to be competing in May but I don't think these changes are going to suit me and the way I like to display my cars at an event .
I almost didn't go last year because of the lack of French content so if there is a car show or a charity event we could support then I think its time for a change. Let Prescott have a go with out club support and we can have a change as well.
Lets shake things up a bit. With the launch of a new Alpine lets go to some new shows and show are cars to a whole new group of people too.

Just my thoughts anyone else fancy a change :up
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:55 pm

Yep.... time for a change....

There is always this event.... IF anyone wanted to try something "North" of London..
http://www.modifiednationals.co.uk

I am guessing that not all the car shows, for 2017 are advertised just yet, but I am going to keep an eye out for shows, even small ones, that are in the midlands area..

Would also be good to have something at the NEC this year, with the new Alpine's release???

Anyone hear of know of any local stuff, just speak up!!
I will update when I know more.

Shame about Prescott, but I think it has had it's time..

Vince.
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:26 pm

Vince..There is one on the first may bank holiday weekend in Stratford.. a show with a drive.. (for those not in Macon)

http://www.theopenroad.co.uk/stratford-festival-of-motoring

I do like Prescott...and I guess the focus is really the hill climb...It could still be a good excuse to camp out, drink a beer, in a nice spot... and watch some cars go up the hill...and just treat it like a tiny FoS....and it's less for Steve to arrange/set up/tear down...

I can attest the GTA can swallow a ton of camping gear....
Last edited by Dave Williams on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

TONY LAW

Rank

Non Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:45 pm

Essex

Postby TONY LAW » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:52 pm

20160710_112924.jpg

Oh yes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:19 pm

The Saint wrote:Yep.... time for a change....

There is always this event.... IF anyone wanted to try something "North" of London..
http://www.modifiednationals.co.uk

I am guessing that not all the car shows, for 2017 are advertised just yet, but I am going to keep an eye out for shows, even small ones, that are in the midlands area..

Would also be good to have something at the NEC this year, with the new Alpine's release???

Anyone hear of know of any local stuff, just speak up!!
I will update when I know more.

Shame about Prescott, but I think it has had it's time..

Vince.

You will be pleased to know that plans are already afoot for the NEC and another show much sooner.
User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Postby paulrob100 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:12 pm

I went to Prescott last year & had a good day, however I also went to Donington for the Historic Festival. They welcome car clubs & arrange club parking on the infield. It is at the end of May this year. CAR usually attend so maybe we could join up with them. Alternatively it would do ne harm to have another club waving the Alpine / Renault banner.

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/the-event/
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:18 pm

They'd get a feckin nosebleed going that far North :angel
User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Postby paulrob100 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:25 pm

But think of all that pure northern air. :mrgreen:
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:24 am

Donington is a great idea....

Can you see if it is possible Stephen? I wouldn't mind, even joining up with CAR....
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:56 am

Can we go Donny Park pwease Stephen pwease !!
:Ass_Kick
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 am

Prescott is a lovely place I really enjoy being there but you are right is seems to have lost its "joie de vivre"...

The first time I went it was a french fest with the french police, can can dancers, idiots on bikes with onions etc. It was a special event. This year we went on the Saturday and it was really disappointing with no Alpines racing up the hill or any trace of the above on arrival, not sure how the Sunday went?

So yes maybe worth a change as it looks like the Ferrari boys are taking over a french weekend which does beg the question.

Anyway I would be up for giving Donnington a go, as others have said maybe worth sharing a club stand as CAR have only had a handful of cars go to this over the last few years as far as I can see so we could have a bumper stand with lots of Alpines.

We did WSR at Donnington a few times if I remember so we know the venue is quite good.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
Next

• Advertisement