stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: Bruntingthorpe Track day ?

Postby stephendell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:51 pm

This will likely end up as a magazine shoot out feature so to whet everyone's appetite can you please post up a few words about your spec and your predicted performance 0-60 Vmax Bhp and ideally a photo of your car :-)
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 pm

just picking up the pliers to pull a tooth.... is the date confirmed as 24th?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:14 pm

See earlier in thread:

Is it confirmed ?

Yes Thursday 24th subject to acceptance of insurance and risk assessment! (a new requirement).

I'm awaiting the risk assessment template from Bruntingthorpe. Don't foresee any issues though from the conversations we have had.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:47 pm

You're wasted here .I can see you in local government or planning :sarcasm ..That's still a not 100% sure if I read it correctly ?
What happens when you see the template ? Just sign it ffs .Dave will wear the correct headgear I'm sure ....
DSC00979.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:17 pm

stephendell wrote:See earlier in thread:

Is it confirmed ?

Yes Thursday 24th subject to acceptance of insurance and risk assessment! (a new requirement).

I'm awaiting the risk assessment template from Bruntingthorpe. Don't foresee any issues though from the conversations we have had.

that's a no then.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 am

clee wrote:You're wasted here .I can see you in local government or planning :sarcasm ..That's still a not 100% sure if I read it correctly ?
What happens when you see the template ? Just sign it ffs .Dave will wear the correct headgear I'm sure ....
DSC00979.JPG

Should I attach that photo to the risk assessment form?

Not sure it's ever 100% at bruntingthorpe until the man at the gate accepts the envelope of cash and even then they can send you home if they don't take a liking to you lol
User

Bazzer501

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Barton Stacey, Hampshire

Postby Bazzer501 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Sooo, where are we with this...? Is there a final list of those that will be attending....? :Douh
Just wondered as I'm 3rd reserve...!

Cheers, Barry.
Yellow 1993 Alpine Renault A610
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:29 pm

I'm picking up the scales tomorrow and hope to have Tony Law, Jon Butterworth (John Law) and Rupert's cars weighed before the event. Others will have to be done on the day.

Will probably ask for final payments on Friday so we know if there are any more vacancies before the weekend.

Who's brave enough start off with the predicted performance figures?
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:00 pm

I've been asked by a couple what the plan is on the day.I've given them advice based on previous days but can you please post details.When do people need to arrive etc
I see that 2 have dropped out so that means Terry is OK to play with bazzer and Plug reserves ?
People need to know now not next week please .
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am

London

Postby John Law » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 pm

One of our customers will be bringing his A610, its had a mechanical resto and a few upgrades.
0-60: Five point something?
Vmax: 160 would be nice.
HP: 320
TQ: 320
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JL Engineering UK, follow us at facebook.com/jlengineeringuk.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
instagram- jlengineeringuk
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 pm

clee wrote:I've been asked by a couple what the plan is on the day.I've given them advice based on previous days but can you please post details.When do people need to arrive etc

All instructions currently exactly the same as my previous post except we will also be weighing the cars.

Here is the previous info for guidance which from the conversations I've had with Bruntingthorpe will be more or less the same.

Cost from £90 per vehicle (members for a full field of 10 cars) £50 payable in advance and balance on the day. This includes public liability insurance. One free spectator per participating vehicle.

AM

0-60
0-100
1/4 mile
vmax (on 2 mile main runway)

PM

Handling on oval circuit & gate circuit
BHP runs

Non participating vehicles (2 spectators) £10. Space is limited.

Strictly members only (except passengers). If your membership is overdue you'll need to pay. Non-members can join from £10

We normally invite a magazine so PLEASE WEAR YOUR CLUB CLOTHING Polo shirt or T shirt.

Please follow instructions on the day and take things seriously. We have not had any incidents before and we don't want to start now!

Marshalls will need to wear a hi-viz jacket. Minimum 2.

Don't forget your HELMET! If you have a spare please bring it as someone always forgets.

Racesuits and other safety clothing are not compulsory but if you have them you may wish to wear them.

Make sure you have a fire extinguisher with you, a first aid kit is also recommended.

No passengers for Vmax runs. Passengers acceptable pm for power runs and handling. There is no charge for a second driver though for Vmax.

We have timing gear and it is the same equipment that they use at the Silverstone race school.

You will need to know the weight of your vehicle for the power runs. If you don't know then we will use the factory figures.

*** DON'T FORGET YOU MUST HAVE A WORKING CIGARETTE LIGHTER SOCKET ***

Directions are here:

http://www.bruntingthorpe.com/directions/

We normally aim to start at approx 10.00am, with breakfast and signing on in the cafe from around 8.00am. Lunch at 1.00pm. Finish at 5.00pm.

PAYMENT OPTIONS BELOW (absolutely no exceptions)

Payment options for members:

(i) £50 deposit. £50 cash on the day.

(ii) £90 full advance payment.

Payment options for non-members:

(i) £50 deposit. £60 cash on the day to include day RAOC membership for insurance puposes.

(ii) £50 deposit. £75 cash on the day to include full RAOC membership for the next year.

(iii) £100 full advance payment to include day RAOC membership for insurance purposes.

(iv) £115 full advance payment to include full RAOC membership for the next year.

Any Paypal payments must be made as a personal payment. Otherwise any fees charged will be added to the cash payment on the day. No balance payment on the day = no runs no exceptions.

paypal to payment@renaultalpine.co.uk

clee wrote:I see that 2 have dropped out so that means Terry is OK to play with bazzer and Plug reserves ?
People need to know now not next week please .

Yes. List hasn't changed from my previous post on the 11th. Will update again following the final payment request.

FINAL LIST

1.Tony Law £50 Deposit Paid
2. John Law £50 Deposit Paid
3. Tony Smith £50 Deposit Paid
4. Lee Crowston £90 Paid
5. Rupert Lloyd £50 Deposit Paid
6. Mark Garner £50 deposit Paid
7. Dave Miles £50 Deposit Paid
8. James Beaumont £90 Paid
9. Place taken £50 Deposit Paid
10.Tim Jeffrey CANCELLED
11. R5turbo2 CANCELLED
12. Terry64 £50 Deposit Paid

RESERVES
13 Bazzer501
14 Plug550
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:50 pm

The risk assessment form arrives today so presumably we are still expected :-)

Can those people who have paid a £50 deposit now please pay the outstanding £40 balance so we can amend the final list if required.

Paypal to payment@renaultalpine.co.uk
Friends and family / personal payment only please

Or RAOC 090666 41799159
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:31 pm

eastlmark wrote:cough...

stephendell wrote:Cost from £90 per vehicle (members for a full field of 10 cars) £50 payable in advance and balance on the day. This includes public liability insurance. One free spectator per participating vehicle.
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:34 am

What about those that just want to spectate, but not race?? Are they allowed to bring their car along and "any car that is"??
Seems a little pointless to have all that racing and no one there to watch and take photos / video of it for "posting up on the site" at some point.
If I had advanced notice, I could be able to attend for a few hours, as I live locally, but need to make arrangements first.
I won't even bother to mention a Drone, as that seems to make a HUGE amount of faffing and risk assessment crap... Shame but thats what happens when brainless T*****s get hold of them, and start doing stupid things and messing it up for the rest of us...
(but lets not start me off on that...)
Can we have a clear and precise answer to, if none race spectators can attend?? ASAP?? :Ass_Kick

BTW just a word of warning... There is a "Drifting" event there on the 3'Sept, and all the locals are bitching off at how, in the past, many of those attending, drive though the surrounding villages like those T***S with drones, not thinking about others, and showing off etc etc, so the local police have given the villages their own speeding guns and the such like. So don't be a T**** and watch out for these over zealous villagers, who are desperate to catch you for ANY offence. Zero tolerance is their aim. You have been warned! I also expect that on the "Drift day" that the Police will be at the well known speeding areas. Shame that the few ruin it for the many... Ce La Vive!!!
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:36 am

eastlmark wrote:
eastlmark wrote:cough...

stephendell wrote:Cost from £90 per vehicle (members for a full field of 10 cars) £50 payable in advance and balance on the day. This includes public liability insurance. One free spectator per participating vehicle.

Payment options for members:

(i) £50 deposit. £50 cash on the day.

(ii) £90 full advance payment.

Only trying to save you a tenner lol
PreviousNext

• Advertisement