White GTA Treuddyn

If you've seen any interesting cars post here...

Moderators: eastlmark, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator

User

coopercobra

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Llandegla

White GTA Treuddyn

Postby coopercobra » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Around 11:30 today, white GTA coming up through Treuddyn on the A5104 near to Swans Farm Shop. I was driving in the opposite direction in my black Cobra replica, but didn't have chance to wave!! It sounded like an atmo (couldn't hear a turbo 'whistle'), I think the reg was something like E200... Not seen a GTA for a long time around these parts.

A couple of nice Caterham types a few cars behind you as well.
no avatar
User

Petehuws

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 pm

North Wales

Re: White GTA Treuddyn

Postby Petehuws » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 pm

:) Yes that was me.. E500 HNH, you have a good eye, (for closely getting the reg), & good ear as it is an Atmo.
Sorry for my delay I've not been on here for a while, I remember us passing and when I got my senses together after saying to myself "whooa that was nice" we had passed.
I'm very local, at the top of the hill in Pontybodkin.
This car ironically was the one from Salvage Hunters Classic cars, after not selling for some time I approached the show and asked to view it, it had been locked up in a container at the TV garage site since, they brought it out and on the whole was very nice, a few things not quite right but easily resolved, made a fair starting offer for us both, after a little deliberation from them, was accepted with no more haggling.
Was up at the Ponderosa in it on Sunday morning for a short while..
User

coopercobra

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Llandegla

Postby coopercobra » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Fantastic! Well done on the GTA purchase!

I'm only up to road in Llandegla, but my GTA is far from getting back on the road. It needed a new rear subframe and the turrets welding but I can't go to all that trouble and not rebuild everything else as I go. So, I've rebuilt the engine & 'box, brake calipers, running gear etc etc. It's now all ready to go back in, with a set of Gaz dampers to replace the cream crackered items that came off. My target is to be a rolling car again before Christmas......

One of the only jobs I've not tackled myself (the other was the turrets, which my welder cousin did for me) is the wheels. I took these to 'The Wheel Restorer' in Bersham and I have to say he did a fantastic job of them. Much better than I could do myself.

At the moment you're likely to see me buzzing around in the fake snake, but hopefully it won't be too long before the old GTA is back on the road :up

Andy
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Petehuws wrote::) Yes that was me.. E500 HNH, you have a good eye, (for closely getting the reg), & good ear as it is an Atmo.
Sorry for my delay I've not been on here for a while, I remember us passing and when I got my senses together after saying to myself "whooa that was nice" we had passed.
I'm very local, at the top of the hill in Pontybodkin.
This car ironically was the one from Salvage Hunters Classic cars, after not selling for some time I approached the show and asked to view it, it had been locked up in a container at the TV garage site since, they brought it out and on the whole was very nice, a few things not quite right but easily resolved, made a fair starting offer for us both, after a little deliberation from them, was accepted with no more haggling.
Was up at the Ponderosa in it on Sunday morning for a short while..

Would have been a good buy that car for anything around £10k or less. I supplied a LOT of parts not mentioned on the programme so they would have made a significant loss. Think it needed driveshafts. Did they get changed before you bought it?

J11 are literally 15 mins from me if you picked it up.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement