Not a GTA but....

If you've seen any interesting cars post here...

Moderators: eastlmark, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator

User

Stunned Monkey

Rank

Non Member

Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:24 am

Nr Chippenham, Wiltshire

Postby Stunned Monkey » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:36 pm

David Gentleman wrote:
That pic isn't even your engine :wink:

Never stretch the truth, just makes you look like an plonker in the long run... :wink:

Wot, like a reliable 360ft-lbs from a 2.5 that -doesn't- go bang after a week ? 8) You haven't proven that either.

And if you wanna get technical, I built the engine in the photo using internals that belonged to me, I didn't get paid for it, I have the keys to the car in my key-safe and the car sits outside my workshop.
Martin - PRV Tinkerererer
www.delorean.co.uk
User

Stunned Monkey

Rank

Non Member

Nr Chippenham, Wiltshire

Postby Stunned Monkey » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:39 pm

David Gentleman wrote:
A DG moment, you wish :lol: I don't make up power figures for engines that don't even exist yet..8)

Oh, that's ust a piece of creative ballshot to gain advertising space.... the engine is CAPABLE of 300hp, but I'm not intending to push it that far, that's for certain - far too dangerous in a DeLorean
www.delorean.co.uk
User

Stunned Monkey

Rank

Non Member

Nr Chippenham, Wiltshire

Postby Stunned Monkey » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:43 pm

peterg wrote: Its one of the original film cars.

Missed this before. NO IT ISN'T. The original 5 all still live in the US. There was a guy in america who got done for selling "genuine" movie cars that he'd built himself. He did three BTTF DeLoreans, one of which is owned by Nick Speakman, one of which is that one in Keswick, and the other is still in the US.
www.delorean.co.uk
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:53 pm

Stunned Monkey wrote:
David Gentleman wrote:

Never stretch the truth, just makes you look like an plonker in the long run... :wink:

Wot, like a reliable 360ft-lbs from a 2.5 that -doesn't- go bang after a week ? 8) You haven't proven that either.

And if you wanna get technical, I built the engine in the photo using internals that belonged to me, I didn't get paid for it, I have the keys to the car in my key-safe and the car sits outside my workshop.

There's nowt on telly tonight ......... ............my engine's got at least some ..........or maybe more ,certainly feels quick on the stand .
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:10 am

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:11 pm

Stunned Monkey wrote:
David Gentleman wrote:

I don't remember trying to prove anything. Who am I trying to prove it too? And what was Peter's car got to do with me? All I wan't is a ballshot free internet, long gone of the days of claims...

For someone who wants my advice and use my products on your engine, you don't half get my back up. :!:
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:20 am

Last edited by simontaylor on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:21 am

clee wrote:
Stunned Monkey wrote:
David Gentleman wrote:

There's nowt on telly tonight ......... ............my engine's got at least some ..........or maybe more ,certainly feels quick on the stand .

That's because all the good stuff was on last night, Spendaholics "Sthilo-John" laughed out loud (fifty grand on a fecking Fiat) and I thought I saw the back of DG at his local car club meet(tall bloke dark hair), followed by Top Gears Hill-Billy special and cried out loud.
Have you got a yellow t-shirt Dave?

I really must get out out a bit more often, only laughed at "bonking" Inspectors tonight.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

Stunned Monkey

Rank

Non Member

Nr Chippenham, Wiltshire

Postby Stunned Monkey » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:15 am

David Gentleman wrote:
For someone who wants my advice and use my products on your engine, you don't half get my back up. :!:

ok ok, my bad, and I apologise. Although the feeling is sometimes mutual when you speak so authoritatively on doing stuff that I've thrown a lot of time into and then gets passed off as "easy", or "wrong" when I know full well that there are a hundred and one pitfalls that you only find out when you actually try building a PRV from scratch. If you're unlucky, you find them out when you put the car on the road and it doesn't work or dies very quickly. Yes, been there, done that.

You DO do good stuff, Dave, and I believe I was the first to get a PRV going using an Adaptronic, and have bought three and will soon be buyign another, if I can get some pistons.... I want to use your chargecoolers (in fact I knew about PWR before you became a dealer). I know what it's like to be a "vendor" and I'm actually mightily glad to be out of that now, but I am happy to throw money behind good products.

in the spirit of good relations, I highly recommend against running a shallow pressed sump on your new engine. Go with the orignal and fill it with as much oil as it will handle, and in tight cornering and with the amount of power you're expecting, you still run the risk of oil starvation. If I can kill a DeLorean engine with 130 at the wheels on a good day, you sure as hell will in a GTA.

I did want to go back and remove the "DG moment" comment, but clee had already quoted me! sorry about that.
www.delorean.co.uk
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:01 am

Stunned Monkey wrote:
David Gentleman wrote:

ok ok, my bad, and I apologise. Although the feeling is sometimes mutual when you speak so authoritatively on doing stuff that I've thrown a lot of time into and then gets passed off as "easy", or "wrong" when I know full well that there are a hundred and one pitfalls that you only find out when you actually try building a PRV from scratch. If you're unlucky, you find them out when you put the car on the road and it doesn't work or dies very quickly. Yes, been there, done that.

in the spirit of good relations, I highly recommend against running a shallow pressed sump on your new engine. Go with the orignal and fill it with as much oil as it will handle, and in tight cornering and with the amount of power you're expecting, you still run the risk of oil starvation. If I can kill a DeLorean engine with 130 at the wheels on a good day, you sure as hell will in a GTA.

I did want to go back and remove the "DG moment" comment, but clee had already quoted me! sorry about that.

Its not mutual, im not doing it on purpose. Ive worked in the car tuning industry all my working life, done none other and have seen most things work and fail. Doesn't have to be a PRV engine. Everything is easy when you know what you are doing, things are only wrong when you don't. Engines arent a black art, just simple logic, but I don't like it when people are confused by conflicting info.

As for the sump, I don't understand what you mean..I have a cast GTA one.

Apology accepted though. :wink:
User

Stunned Monkey

Rank

Non Member

Nr Chippenham, Wiltshire

Postby Stunned Monkey » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:05 am

Ah so that sump I gave Steve for you isn't getting used then? :)

I had another very enlightening chat with Kevin the other day too. Like exactly what went into his 600hp engine. BTW it runs 3 bar of boost : :shock:
www.delorean.co.uk
User

David Gentleman

Rank

Non Member

Colchester, Essex

Postby David Gentleman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:08 am

Stunned Monkey wrote:
I had another very enlightening chat with Kevin the other day too. Like exactly what went into his 600hp engine. BTW it runs 3 bar of boost : :shock:

If it runs 3 bar of boost to make 600bhp, then tell him to throw it away and start again... :lol:
User

peterg

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Cumbria

Postby peterg » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:21 am

Stunned Monkey wrote:
peterg wrote: Its one of the original film cars.

Missed this before. NO IT ISN'T. The original 5 all still live in the US. There was a guy in america who got done for selling "genuine" movie cars that he'd built himself. He did three BTTF DeLoreans, one of which is owned by Nick Speakman, one of which is that one in Keswick, and the other is still in the US.

Youre half right....apparently it was an official publicity car used to promote the 3rd film.
Still one of the most famous Deloreans around! (yes it was a bit tatty!)
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:46 am

Ah so that sump I gave Steve for you isn't getting used then?

That was for Dave's 3 litre transverse Laguna engine that he's now sold. There's still an oily steel sump in a black bag in my unit :wink:
User

Stunned Monkey

Rank

Non Member

Nr Chippenham, Wiltshire

Postby Stunned Monkey » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:43 pm

It's okay, I'm not looking to get it back :)
www.delorean.co.uk
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:55 pm

Stunned Monkey wrote:

No I didn't :!: don't drag me in to it :lol:
I just posted your Cannonball intent to help publicise it :roll:
Previous

• Advertisement