Total votes : 14
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 pm

simontaylor wrote:Mr Dell is only an Entrant.
He needs Drivers for his fleet of race cars.

Are you serious? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Do we have the beginnings of a racing team that will eventually rule the world, Dell Renault Grand Prix? :P :P

There could be a Knighthood in it for you Stephen, stands to reason if they gave one to Frank Williams! :? :?

If he needs racers I’d better get a licence, a race licence that is as I do not need a leesance for de minkey!!! :roll: :roll:
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:37 am

clee wrote:No you spent it on a replica instead :P
and it's not 20 times the cost ...it's about 3 and it will be a proper racer not a time trial tart :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have actually had it valued; an estimate of its realistic value, what someone might pay and I have only spent roughly less than double and that Clee makes you madder than me :lol:

I will have a race car evenually, but ill work my way up to it; when I can afford it and.the car has neen extensively modded, panels the lot. I will then go.circuit racing :lol: I.am not scared to push my car to its limits and beyond and thats what I need to do; gain experience.the car at its limits. When that comes it comes.with very little waring very quickly :shock: Its a major project in its very early stages :wink: Itll teach me to be a better driver and it will do the same for Mr. Dell ....I think thats quite sane reasoning for a guy that never had the plot :P and all that in the safest enviroment possible... A , circuit with gravel traps, tyre walls, marshalls and an ambulance and trained staff at hand. :wink: 8)

Cheers

si21 nutter; actually out there doing it :wink:
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 am

clee wrote:No you spent it on a replica instead :P
and it's not 20 times the cost ...it's about 3 and it will be a proper racer not a time trial tart :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was just thinking about this the car is just the tool the racer is the nut behind the wheel :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As long as you drive it 11/10ths in the right place ....your a racer not the car :wink:

For instance a Spider Cup is just a Spider, a model used by the top drivers for racing and differs from the model used on the road. However, the road car driven by a racer on a circuit in competition, is more of a race car than a Spider Cup which sits in the garage covered up, the cover only being removed to polish it and for posing in down at McDonalds Drive through:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....still no response from Mr Dell ....If you think you can ignore it and it will go away think again Dell Boy at the moment your nor even a time trial tart like myself.

si21 ...Thanks to all those that voted :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by si21 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 am

Depends how you value the car in the first place ...I valued mine at about £2k as it was RAT ......
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:31 am

clee wrote:Depends how you value the car in the first place ...I valued mine at about £2k as it was RAT ......

So your telling me that your car has only cost £6,000 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pull the other one, my Atmo has cot £7,k plus just to get it running and was a Rat out of the Rats nest as you know :lol: :lol: :lol: Its got no fancy cage ....was the cage not in excess of a grand alone, a change of turbo ecu pipework, windows suspension oooh tyres at least £300 a a pair for the rears ans engine work and one off custom parts :roll: Madame..... you think I am mad; your delusional :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: either that or the Mrs has you login :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its not the value when you bought it its the value when the car is complete an finished after making it a proper racer or the car you,ve dreamed of owning.

Still commend you mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

whats its value if all goes to plan and its a sucessful racer a completed product :?:

si21 ....what cost dreams eh :?:
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:45 am

7k to get it running :lol: :lol:

Jeez you lot down South do get fecked over don't you :lol: Tell you what ,next time give me the £7k and we'll see what you can get at the end ....
I can't break the costs down to protect the innocent but it's not far off that .
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:17 am

clee wrote:7k to get it running :lol: :lol:

Jeez you lot down South do get fecked over don't you :lol: Tell you what ,next time give me the £7k and we'll see what you can get at the end ....
I can't break the costs down to protect the innocent but it's not far off that .

No actually thats not strictlly true that included the purchase of the car replacement tubular exhaust manifolds and exhaust ....not standard, and not cheap either, but a little more power, larger diameter lightweight rims and tyres to replace the buckled rims that were already on the car, the cheaper more modern tyres being cheaper to replace than the standard 15inch fitment :lol: so ongoing running costs will be lower, missing lights, carbs (two whole assemblies plus a carb rebuild) locks knackered alternatiors replacement head gaskets replacement upgrades three core rad, new twin rad fans, switches second hand dizzies carbs new clutch and gear linkage ......the list goes on yes the Rat was a dirty dead rat; but now she lives and thats what is cost me to get it to the stage its at now, not just running :lol: :lol: . Thats why I would recommend buying new repalcement parts and not second hand things like alternators or started as the car is now on at least three of each ....so yes wasted money too thats what happens whenyou do it on the cheap, ok to get you out of troubke short term no no longer a consideration long term.

And that is doing 95% of the work myself or not at a garage :wink: BigThanks to Dad and Mr Dell

PS and now the box needs attention to top it off ....but ill use this to my advantage :wink:
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 am

feck !!
That's with you doing most of the work yourself !! Ohh dear :lol: :lol:
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 am

clee wrote:7k to get it running :lol: :lol:

Theres no way all that fabrication and parts cos that little addall the bits up not just the main bits the oil the seals the gaskets and how many engine rebuilda as that is what it has cost you to get this far not just wahts on the car now, I think if you add up the total develpoment costs it'll be a little more than that. Crank/big end replacements regrinds head work head gaskets, exhaust gaskets please tell me you did not reuse them on a race engine :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL

Apparently you have various options of Turbo's to use what at £50 quid each I dont think so :lol: :lol: :lol: more like £750 each I would not put a second hand turbo on a race engine not a custom built one ....nope I dont beleive you for a second.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An Renault parts are Renault parts same cost north or south and since I dont have modded bits on the engine its the same price roughly for everyone :wink:

All those little bits add up that you forget about mate ....how many engine rebuilds to get thus far and you cant include rims and bits you sold to fund it, otherwise all the chippy work Ive done cars picked up ...blah blah blah I should be rollling in it .....Im not though :roll: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

si21
Last edited by si21 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:42 am

You just don't know the right people to get stuff made or machined .
Nothing wrong with the right secondhand bits ...you just need to know what you're looking at and not yeh mate it's a stage 3 innit ...
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:56 am

clee wrote:You just don't know the right people to get stuff made or machined .
Nothing wrong with the right secondhand bits ...you just need to know what you're looking at and not yeh mate it's a stage 3 innit ...

I don't but my dad does just materila cost alone :wink: he's buit a competition car from scratch engine bodyworks the whole dame thing, although many moons ago :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

si21 my dad bult a speacial engine for me years ago all machining on the engine and mods done free by DAD apart from the head and cam with all the other bits exhaust carb donner head block etc etc it still cost 3bags of sand and that was 18 years ago LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: head and cams cost around about £750 then :wink:

I'll be sending my car to you then from now on and dont forget to pass those big savings on to club members LOL :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All my problems solved :P
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:04 am

:P
Club members already get big savings just by leaving the M25 corridor :roll:
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:12 am

clee wrote::P
Club members already get big savings just by leaving the M25 corridor :roll:

Yep move out of the M25 and get a bill of £5,000 to commute by rail as the roads dont work and then an extra £grand driving to a from the station and paying for parking it there too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but my Jobs in London....thats where I live and I would not leave on the off chance I can land a job for x amount less with fewer jobs to go to if it all goes wrong everything is relavent you can buy a huge house for 150 bags of sand but then they pay you half the average wage too

Its Newtons Law of the swing and the round-a-bouts :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS my head and Cams in the engine mentioned came from Blydenstein Racing nowhere near London :lol: :lol: :lol:

si21
Last edited by si21 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:10 am

Ahh that's where you are going wrong ...I'd hate to have to have a proper job .All about quality of life up here ........we're poor but we're happy :lol:
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 pm

clee wrote:Ahh that's where you are going wrong ...I'd hate to have to have a proper job .All about quality of life up here ........we're poor but we're happy :lol:

Aye Laddy :wink: couldnt agree more TBH
Previous

• Advertisement