User

bunjiweb

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Re: A6 TAU - Atmo

Postby bunjiweb » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 am

Custard wrote:How is this coming along.
Martin how did you get on re doing the timing on the rollers with the Atmo.
Just started driving the GTA again and forgot how good it is a lot of adrenaline was pumping around me yesterday, it would be nice to get rid of the tiny flat spot which is definitely timing.

Have done some bits and bobs to the car but had a coolant leak so had all the pipes off the engine and have been doing lots of cleaning... There was a huge amount of gunk built up in the bottom of the V on top of the engine...

I now need to refill with coolant and need to know what the advised procedure is and how to get to the breather pipe at the front of the car...

Ben
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: A6 TAU - Atmo

Postby Custard » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:16 pm

So if you have drained all the coolant out have you removed the drains in each side off the block as well, I would then drain the rad out as well.
As these engines are prone to corrosion I no longer use water and antifreeze, I refill with water less fluid the system no longer needs to be pressured and it has a much higher boiling point and it is a good lubricant for seals etc.
Previous

• Advertisement