no avatar
User

BWGTA28

Rank

Non Member

Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:25 pm

Holley job gone a bit wrong

Postby BWGTA28 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:34 pm

Hi all, new to this group and already hoping for help! I did the Holley carb upgrade on my GTA 2.8 atmo (1988) and I think the coolant is now not circulating correctly. As the engine warms up, the flow pipes to the radiator one stays cold, temperature gauge stays cold and cabin heater blows cold. So coolant cannot be getting round. The modified manifold doesn't use the coolant as a prewarm so you have to modify the feeds coming from the water jacket. I joined them, thinking that would be sensible. Is that the problem or is there some bleeding procedure needed?
Thanks in hope.....
Bruce
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: Holley job gone a bit wrong

Postby Custard » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:23 pm

Haven’t been on here for a while you have an air lock mate. Don’t no what condition the engine was in before you did the conversion but check the rad is not slugged up and you put the right antifreeze in for the Alpine or a world of pain is heading your way. It’s a good conversion and transforms the car have fun.

• Advertisement