PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:55 pm

BIG_MVS wrote:
stephendell wrote:
I have just sold my A610 (I'll miss that car)

Who bought it? Anyone we know?

Nope, fresh Alpine Ownership Blood. The new owner wants to bring it to Prescot this year so I guess he will introduce himself soon.

A bit surprised Martin I thought you really liked the A610? :shock: :?

I see the free insertion weekend is back at eBay. :lol: :lol: You've got to earn a crust where you can eh big fella? :wink: :wink:
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 am

84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:04 am

kept that one a bit secret mister......
User

PaulyA610

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Gloucester

Postby PaulyA610 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:38 pm

BIG_MVS wrote:Time for an update. I have just sold my A610 (I'll miss that car) so I'm now keeping this GTA and have plans for it.

I now have an MOT (thanks clee) but it did need quite a bit of work after it's 6 year sleep (welding). Now going to give it a shakedown for a couple of weeks so there will be quite a bit of tinkering to be done.

First thing I noticed is the speedo which is doing the usual bouncing up and down :roll: Also the fuel readout is up and down, I forgot how these GTA's keep you interested and hard at work :lol: :lol: The 610 never had any problems at all :roll:

What the hell, you have sold the 610, I cant belive that!!!!! :shock: what are you going to buy with the money anything exotic?? Hope it has gone to a good home and will be keen to see progress of the GTA. Still cant belive you have sold up, kept that on the down low big man.
Lotus Evora 400
Renault R8
Renault Megane R.S 265 Trophy
Renault megane sport tourer

GAZ Suspension Dealer,SPAX Dealer, Forge Motorsport Dealer,Alpine ICE Dealer,
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:46 am

3 A610s changed hands in a matter of 2 weeks that must be a record :shock:
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:08 am

It has gone to a good home and is very local to you Paul. Keep an eye out for it. The guy is a perfectionist and will have everything on the car spot on.

Don't think Martin fits in anything else exotic! As mentioned before, everything else desirable (and with a V8!!!) is built for midgets. But you know he will make a very nice GTA out of the one he now has. 8)

quote="PaulyA610"]
BIG_MVS wrote:Time for an update. I have just sold my A610 (I'll miss that car) so I'm now keeping this GTA and have plans for it.

I now have an MOT (thanks clee) but it did need quite a bit of work after it's 6 year sleep (welding). Now going to give it a shakedown for a couple of weeks so there will be quite a bit of tinkering to be done.

First thing I noticed is the speedo which is doing the usual bouncing up and down :roll: Also the fuel readout is up and down, I forgot how these GTA's keep you interested and hard at work :lol: :lol: The 610 never had any problems at all :roll:

What the hell, you have sold the 610, I cant belive that!!!!! :shock: what are you going to buy with the money anything exotic?? Hope it has gone to a good home and will be keen to see progress of the GTA. Still cant belive you have sold up, kept that on the down low big man.[/quote]
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 am

Sorry for all the "Secret Squirrel" regarding the sale but it's been going on for a couple of months mainly due to a paint defect that Andy has re-done to a top quality finish yet again.

The new owner is in the Motoring Press trade so will take the car to the final level of perfection I'm sure. Sorry to see it go but credit card bills, impending house extension has meant I had to free up some cash so I decided to sell it. Indeed I have had it for the longest (two and a half years) which is a BIG MVS record!

As John says I looked at alternatives but price and most importantly the fact I could't fit in any of them put me off. So I'm sticking with Alpines :wink:

The next project is another secret squirrel I'm afraid as it's almost come to fruition after a very long time (probably 3-4 years of turbodog then myself). Not sure whether just to turn up at a meet in it when it's finished or start a new project thread.....
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Start a thread ffs ........all these secret feckin projects do my head in ....
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:19 pm

clee wrote:Start a thread ffs ........all these secret feckin projects do my head in ....

agree!
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:55 pm

andyh877 wrote:3 A610s changed hands in a matter of 2 weeks that must be a record :shock:

Certainly more than Renault UK sold in any 2 weeks :lol:
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:27 pm

clee wrote:Start a thread ffs ........all these secret feckin projects do my head in ....

Agree!! Talking of which I have done a bit of a clear out as well .... Fezza, 21 Turbo Quadra and Volvo have all left the Phildini building..... I guess same reason as MVS debts and work that needs to be done to the home took over, also I will need to pay Andy the painter soon...... Hey, I hope my T2 will not suffer from paint defect :lol:
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:13 pm

phildini wrote:

Agree!! Talking of which I have done a bit of a clear out as well .... Fezza, 21 Turbo Quadra and Volvo have all left the Phildini building..... I guess same reason as MVS debts and work that needs to be done to the home took over, also I will need to pay Andy the painter soon...... Hey, I hope my T2 will not suffer from paint defect :lol:

wow down to 5 cars :shock:
no avatar
User

andy001

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Postby andy001 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:44 pm

phildini wrote:

it was'nt a defect in the paint but dew mainly to the new renault panel being only half the thickness of the original causing a feint line to show up.all sorted now :D
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 am

Yes sorry Andy is was a panel issue :oops: Anyway it's all sorted and minty mint now.

I'll start a new thread soon then when I have finalised the deal :wink:
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 pm

andy001 wrote:....it was'nt a defect in the paint but dew mainly to the new renault panel being only half the thickness of the original causing a feint line to show up.all sorted now :D

Don't worry Andy I was kidding.... Anyway I know A610 are apain in the back side when it comes to paint.... :wink: I guess all down to the shite fibreglass...
PreviousNext

• Advertisement