User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:55 am

Finally I have now managed to finish the last part.....wheels are back on!! Looks like there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel, its being a painstaking project, trying to keep the wife happy and having more babies, and a load of DIY. Very please with the finish under the car........ Fingers crossed it will stay together a bit longer this time...... 8) 8)

A bit late in the year...... another A610 back on the road!!!
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:35 pm

You have 25 years to pay for your house, so dont rush the DIY.
See you on the road soon :D
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:27 am

clee wrote:Nice one but a word of warning ...next time take the rear glass off ...all that shifting and twisting on the body can have a shattering effect :shock:

Thats why i made up a wooden beam with raised blocks on it for the jacking points works a treat and much more room under the car too. Just put axle stands under it then you have your jacks back to use as well.

Glad to hear its progressed Mr Dini; one thing I have learned is there is always more to do than you think, it always costs double what you thought and also takes twice as long than you had hoped, but definitely worth it

si21 :wink:
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:30 pm

and sweat twice as must as every thing is double trouble.

And then living the dream is twice a s good too :D
Firsts at
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:29 pm

phildini wrote:.......A bit late in the year...... another A610 back on the road!!!

I think I spoke too soon!!! NOW before I join Mr Gamblin at the Alpine Asylum, my fecking French wh0re has decided that she looks way too good to leave the driveway. It starts, it idles but as soon as I rev around the 3k mark on load or off, it cuts off. I then need to restart and drive it like a French "Lady Parts"... Now I don't think this is the usual shite A610 issue as the car is not even getting hot. Now before you guys say it....

1) Earth points all connected and cleaned
2) Dizzy & rotor arm replace 1k miles ago
3) Spark plugs replaced 1k miles ago
4) spark plug leads replaced 1k miles ago
5) TPS replaced 100 miles ago
6) TDC sensor replaced 10 miles ago
7) All Fuel filters front and rear replaced 1k miles ago
8) Amal valve replaced 100 miles ago
9) air filter replaced 1k miles ago

PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEBODY COME TO MY RESCUE, I AM LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE, THIS FECKING CAR HAS COST ME A FORTUNE AND STILL NO GO. I am sure it might be something very stupid but now I think I have reached the limit of my patience with this car........

84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Got all the vac pipes etc plumbed in the right way/holes ???
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:35 pm

clee wrote:Got all the vac pipes etc plumbed in the right way/holes ???

I think so, I took pics, so hopefully they went back in the same place, ill double check. But will that cut it off dead? normally my experience with vac hoses it just makes it run rough.

P.S. could it be the fuel? it's a year old and its got 3 gallons in it.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:34 pm

phildini wrote:
phildini wrote:.......A bit late in the year...... another A610 back on the road!!!

I think I spoke too soon!!! NOW before I join Mr Gamblin at the Alpine Asylum, my fecking French wh0re has decided that she looks way too good to leave the driveway. It starts, it idles but as soon as I rev around the 3k mark on load or off, it cuts off. I then need to restart and drive it like a French possy... Now I don't think this is the usual shite A610 issue as the car is not even getting hot. Now before you guys say it....

1) Earth points all connected and cleaned
2) Dizzy & rotor arm replace 1k miles ago
3) Spark plugs replaced 1k miles ago
4) spark plug leads replaced 1k miles ago
5) TPS replaced 100 miles ago
6) TDC sensor replaced 10 miles ago
7) All Fuel filters front and rear replaced 1k miles ago
8) Amal valve replaced 100 miles ago
9) air filter replaced 1k miles ago

PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEBODY COME TO MY RESCUE, I AM LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE, THIS FECKING CAR HAS COST ME A FORTUNE AND STILL NO GO. I am sure it might be something very stupid but now I think I have reached the limit of my patience with this car........

Fuel..... it wont have many octanes left in it after a few years off the read.
Replace it.
Firsts at
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:30 am

Phil, I do appreciate that beating the living day lights out of a Renault and especially an Alpine is good therapy, and in fact I think the world would be a better place at many levels if it was prescribed on the NHS in group therapy sessions :-)

Does it always cut off at 3k or is that an impression? Has it done this since it all went back in, you haven't changed anything since it ran ok prior the lump being pulled out? The last changes being the TDC sensor and TPS? Neither of those will cause it to cut out at a prescribed rpm point without fail as it appears in your description. It sounds like a sensor fault if it is always at the same point, and you should be able to pick that up with your reader.

Are there any other signs before it cuts out? Is it only when you reach 3k or is there a constant time factor involved there? Does this also happen when stationary and the engine is off load, and simply rev'd up? Does it rev cleanly to the 3k point, or stutters and stumbles up there?

Keep taking the pills ;-)
Martin
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Re:

Postby phildini » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:21 am

Martin find below answers to your questions.Thanks for your help.

Does it always cut off at 3k or is that an impression? Around that I have taken a video if you want to see it
Has it done this since it all went back in? Well I thought so, but my father in-law reminded me that it did play up just before I laid the Fecker up
The last changes being the TDC sensor and TPS? Yes

It sounds like a sensor fault if it is always at the same point, and you should be able to pick that up with your reader.Nothing shows on my reader, I have the sykes pickavant one

Are there any other signs before it cuts out? No, rev start to rise in then... DEAD, can't even bump start it, I have to turn ignition off and on
Does this also happen when stationary and the engine is off load, and simply rev'd up? Stationary it seems to cut off when the revs drop, but while driving/load it happens under acceleration, if I increase the revs while driving very, very gently its seems ok ish
Does it rev cleanly to the 3k point, or stutters and stumbles up there? Seems to rev smoothly, but then feels like somebody turning the switch off

I have been looking through most A610 cutting out threads, besides the pain in the bum ecu positioning, it seems that some suggest Coil, two other, AndyTheCroc fixed it via the thermal wiring for the engine bay fans (don’t exactly understand why this would cut the ignition off), and the other from Tucson, he has replaced the injector relay and re-wired the earth to ecu.
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Re: Phildini A610 Black beauty or more like bank breaker pro

Postby JohnC » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:37 pm

Cutting off at around a set number of revs to me, sounds like fuel starvation..... is there a fuel restriction somewhere that is just allowing fuel to flow for low rev running, but is insufficient for higher revs? ...... just a thought.
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:33 am

JohnC wrote:Cutting off at around a set number of revs to me, sounds like fuel starvation..... is there a fuel restriction somewhere that is just allowing fuel to flow for low rev running, but is insufficient for higher revs? ...... just a thought.

I had exactly the same thought on the last description of the symptoms as I recognised them.

When I had issues with the front lifter pump the engine would die either after about 5 mins of idling or as I put my foot down. On my car the lifter pump was working intermittantly, and I reckon to some degree there was also a siphon effect from the front tank to the aux tank, so if I stopped the car it would re-start after a few minutes then die as soon as i put my foot down.

Also, as the fuel was running out then ecu made adjustments to try and keep it running and this caused the revs to rise just before cut out.

I may be way off the mark, but its worth considering.
Ginetta G33, TVR Tuscan, Audi A6 Quattro, Subaru Outback. Blue GTA Turbo

"If everything feels under control, you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:17 am

blueg33 wrote:
JohnC wrote:Cutting off at around a set number of revs to me, sounds like fuel starvation..... is there a fuel restriction somewhere that is just allowing fuel to flow for low rev running, but is insufficient for higher revs? ...... just a thought.

I had exactly the same thought on the last description of the symptoms as I recognised them.

When I had issues with the front lifter pump the engine would die either after about 5 mins of idling or as I put my foot down. On my car the lifter pump was working intermittantly, and I reckon to some degree there was also a siphon effect from the front tank to the aux tank, so if I stopped the car it would re-start after a few minutes then die as soon as i put my foot down.

Also, as the fuel was running out then ecu made adjustments to try and keep it running and this caused the revs to rise just before cut out.

I may be way off the mark, but its worth considering.

Thanks guys I will try and give that a look, my car idles fine, BLUEG33 when your car cut out was it instant or did it splatter under load?
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:06 pm

A610 only has the one fuel pump as far as I know. So no feeder pump as on the GTA.

When my first GTA Turbo had issues with the feeder pump it would run fine for about 20 mins then cut out because of fuel starvation.

Don Dini - I think yours sounds more sensor related, not the Idle Control Valve or sensor is it?
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
PreviousNext

• Advertisement