no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: Phildini A610 Black beauty or more like bank breaker pro

Postby Trevor Skedge » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Ok what's the secret electrical cleaner John uses?

Trevor.
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:42 am

JohnC wrote:........ Waste your money by all means.........
fair enough 8) John I have taken pics of the inside of ECU, both side. just in case they are of interest to you.

Trevor Skedge wrote:Ok what's the secret electrical cleaner John uses? Trevor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SERVISOL-SUPE ... 3f28ef6b78

This is what John told me to buy, works very well.
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:33 am

Contact cleaner! Is this all it was? I'll give it a go on the Red Pearl, any particular contacts you concentrated on?
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:45 am

Contact cleaner is the first thing out of my toolbox...anything more than that and its off to the garage...that servisol super 10 stuff worked a treat to clean up the contacts on the electric window switches....
For me the cause of my slooooowwww windows....
I was always embarassed pitching up in a 'cool' noisy car, windows down...and then having to demonstrate to onlookers the frankly pathetic window action.
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:54 am

phildini wrote:Conclusion it seems to me that the A610 is a lot more sensetive to very slightly corroded connections than a GTA.

:mrgreen: yep, as I mentioned, the later ecu is fault checking every sensor, and logging. The D501 Renix 1 ecu does not have the capacity - processor bandwidth to do it, so no fault checking is performed when the engine is running. It does some basic fault checking on ignition on, and then that's it. You can pretty much disconnect everything on the GTA except the coil pack, MAP sensor, and TDC sensor and keep going! I've even physically disconnected the MAP sensor and swapped it over and kept running ie it's electrical fault - opens / shorts / missing signals etc tolerant as it simply isn't looking for them... whereas on the A610 any out of range signal, and it will shut down the injection... I did mention this before chaps :lol:
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Martin, does it keep a log file that can be accessed? Or maybe just it's size read, wouldn't that then allow you to know which sensors are playing up, otherwise this feature seems somewhat pointless..."no you cannot drive your car, it is faulty but I won't tell you why or what"
Mind you they are French...but the electronics are German aren't that?
Would a Sykes reader read any logs?
Cheers
Lee (not Clee)
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:20 pm

phildini wrote: John I have taken pics of the inside of ECU, both side. just in case they are of interest to you.

Yes please Filippo, it might be best to PM them to me.... I doubt if anyone else is really interested. But Thanks... I really would like to inspect the pics of the circuit board in case Mr MVS sends one of his to me. :P
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:10 pm

JohnC wrote:
phildini wrote: John I have taken pics of the inside of ECU, both side. just in case they are of interest to you.

Yes please Filippo, it might be best to PM them to me.... I doubt if anyone else is really interested...

Oh, and just as I was hoping to get excited, a naked 610 ecu in the flesh, I only got a flash last time you know!! :lol: :mrgreen
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14 pm

mettersl wrote:Martin, does it keep a log file that can be accessed? Or maybe just it's size read, wouldn't that then allow you to know which sensors are playing up, otherwise this feature seems somewhat pointless..."no you cannot drive your car, it is faulty but I won't tell you why or what"
Mind you they are French...but the electronics are German aren't that?
Would a Sykes reader read any logs?
Cheers
Lee (not Clee)

Did I call you Clee?? Opps sorry :oops:

Yes there should be the fault codes for the individual sensors stored (– but on this point on the hand held readers I’m not sure if you get history or the last stored value?), and the X25 details will give you the breakdown, but in addition there should be at least 3 parameters that I know of that give you the fault count:

NBINJ - number of failures (faults) before the injection is cut, this trip point can be set 0-255 (8 bit). The value is decrement if I remember correctly, and on the Fenix 3A / 3B if set to 0 will not cut the injection.
NBIN2 - number of failures before a new system test
NBIn3 - number of tests, and I think this is the number of failed test attempts before cut.

The above are built into the Fenix 3 series, and given the firmware development from the Renix into Fenix ecus appear to be incremental with each successive generation carrying the previous structures methodology, then I believe you will have at least those, plus a few more refinements in the A610 ecu.

I believe the actual stored data values you readout are stored in the MPU RAM, as you lose them with power off, and hence the clean bill of health each time you switch off the ignition; that's in terms of fault count, not the fault codes.

The X25 emulator and decoder software I use (now no longer supported unfortunately) does give you the number of faults detected etc, and always resets with ignition off. I don't know what you get out of the handheld readers though.

I'm not sure that has helped though Lee?

Regards,
Martin

User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks Martin, and no you didn't mistake me for Clee...I was just wanting to be clear.
Sounds like I need to get my reader out and see what it can see, then go for a run and have another look without turning off.
Shame the x25 emulator isn't supported any more, I was contemplating getting a copy, but with my time constraints I was holding off, I have too many projects just now.
I must go and start the car, it's not run since early august and I have lost the new tax disc somewhere :oops:
Cheers
Lee
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:52 pm

mettersl wrote:........Sounds like I need to get my reader out and see what it can see, then go for a run and have another look without turning off.........

Lee I think you have the same one as me...... and nothing was showing on my reader when th 610 was playing up.
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Today I finally took it for an MOT, passed with flying colours!! Happy days!! until the fecking thing stopped dead on a very busy roundabout!! this time same symptoms when I broke down on the way to Bromley last year, which raised a TDC issue with my Diagnostic machine, after replacing the TDC the old one was actually ok. Anyway after pushing the fat mama into a petrol station, I remembered noticing in the lower loom, when the engine was out one of the male connecting pins was lower than the others. Unfortunately because I was working on it when I had some precious free time, I forgot to look further into this.

From the slot/gap clockwise pin 5. Lower than the others.

Not in focus, but hey..... First female pin clockwise, bent inwards.....

Now...... I have not looked at the wiring diagram to see if the pin is one of the TDC connections, but it did start and drove me home..... after a long fiddle with the multiplug. :lol:

Winter or not! this car will get driven lots in the next few months!!!
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Filippo, First of all, Thanks for the pics of the ECU. :P
Secondly, here is a pic of the connector you are talking about. It is the Engine harness one, but to be sure, identify the two Gold Terminals and count around from them. Also according to the diagrams, from the TDC sensor, there should be a 3 pin connector before the wires reach the main loom.... worth checking that as well.

1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks John, yes looking at my wiring diagram book, it seems that the damaged pin is for the oil pressure gauge :cry: :cry:
So I guess the problem is still in there somewhere..... :roll: :evil: :cry:

FIX ONE PROBLEM, ANOTHER ONE ARISE.....
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Now that the car is finally usable and running fine, I am taking care of the small jobs that need doing. I decided to replace some of the bulbs on the pinnacle and the LCD display screen which was delaminated .
Not a straight forward job and very fiddly. I never seen such a variety of bulbs used on a instrument panel. GTA was a lot easier to do.

MUCH BETTER!!

PreviousNext

• Advertisement