A place to showcase your pride and joy

Moderators: eastlmark, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

murf

Rank

Non Member

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Suffolk= between Diss, Thetford and Bury St Edmunds.

Re: new year new car gta v6 gt

Postby murf » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Congratulations Lee on getting the Atmo mot'ed. Does that mean there could now be two GTAs at Debden next weekend? I've just got a new and expensive ticket for PPG so will be there for a days marshalling.

Murf.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:04 pm

murf wrote:Congratulations Lee on getting the Atmo mot'ed. Does that mean there could now be two GTAs at Debden next weekend? I've just got a new and expensive ticket for PPG so will be there for a days marshalling.

Murf.

I tried to get him to come Murf but he prefers the Maconais vineyards and scenery to a windswept Essex former airfield for some reason.....
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Well done Mr M...I had no doubt it would pass with flying colours :thinking
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:13 pm

CC88686F-C364-4D84-8A97-57BA0C866598.jpeg
5E1467D5-8397-40A5-94C3-9BBD5AF00AA7.jpeg

First trip not on a low loader for 21 years...for alignment, not idling well but aside of that behaving itself.
Even has a working speedo most of the time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Congrats Lee, looking good. :up

Pics taken at a Formula 1outlet??
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Yes Paul...the local tyre place said it was too busy, but Formula 1 in Cambridge were helpful on the phone and keen...then it turned out the manager had worked on a couple...eventually I had all the mechanics standing around looking at it.
On the way home I had someone speed up and go by on the A11 so his kids could see the car too. I guess its something a bit different these days.

Murf..."sadly" Mark is right, the plan is to go to France this weekend in the GTA, but now its running and the weather is improving a local meet up sounds a nice plan soon. Have fun at Debden, I hope you have good weather, we are forecast to get warm weather at Macon. Are you going to Prescott?

Tomorrow is shake down day. It seems to go well, I just need to sort the idling and the hair trigger first 1 mm of the throttle movement...they are probably related.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:49 pm

mettersl wrote:Yes Paul...the local tyre place said it was too busy, but Formula 1 in Cambridge were helpful on the phone and keen...then it turned out the manager had worked on a couple...eventually I had all the mechanics standing around looking at it.
On the way home I had someone speed up and go by on the A11 so his kids could see the car too. I guess its something a bit different these days.

Murf..."sadly" Mark is right, the plan is to go to France this weekend in the GTA, but now its running and the weather is improving a local meet up sounds a nice plan soon. Have fun at Debden, I hope you have good weather, we are forecast to get warm weather at Macon. Are you going to Prescott?

Tomorrow is shake down day. It seems to go well, I just need to sort the idling and the hair trigger first 1 mm of the throttle movement...they are probably related.

Thremhall Park Motor show tomorrow Lee if you fancy it.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Sat May 12, 2018 10:21 am

24BFC499-3CBA-4027-9EF2-8AFBF0CC8739.jpeg
507EC05F-BC13-47F1-84E8-D577E47E8868.jpeg
0096AB53-0037-43E4-A6E9-AB1D2D2463EB.jpeg
Well it made it to Macon and back but not without some issues.
Dirt in the fuel system is blocking the idle jet making the over run very noisy with lots of pops and bangs, and no idling. John C clearered it all out at the Escatel car park in Macon but by the autoroute it was blocked again.
Poor quality expansion tank leaked and has damaged the alternator but it got home so I can’t complain overall.
Now to have a couple of rounds of improvements to get it more reliable, bu fixing the Macon faults, fit the ac and abs currently sitting in boxes and the cosmetic touches (hub caps, heated rear window, a couple of chips, missing carpet in rear etc).
90% there now hopefully.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Sun May 20, 2018 6:44 pm

New header tank, oil,change (1000 miles on newly rebuilt engine), new (ac spec) alternator and carb clean and overhaul completed today.
Hopefully all good for Prescott next weekend.
Needs a good wash and polish through..
One step at a time.
Lee
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Mon May 21, 2018 5:46 pm

So is it now running sweetly on tick over :up
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Mon May 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Hi Stuart,
I’ll know shortly....carb cleaned, new needle valve, mixture needle, float, replaced the idle valve with a better one from the spare set and installed two additional fuel filters to stop a recurrence.....replacement alternator and header tank too.
Now just got to clear up the oil slick I made when pouring too quickly yesterday and then we will see.
Don’t want a fire....
The plan is Prescott at the weekend via Shropshire....on its own wheels.....;-))

Lee
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:17 am

:up :up :up
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:03 pm

mettersl wrote:The plan is Prescott at the weekend via Shropshire....on its own wheels.....;-)

Lee ........ Did you make it to Prescott without any trouble ??? ......... I have been waiting with baited breath as to whether your Atmo made it or not .... in one piece. ;)
I am a bit isolated over here, so have to rely on club reports ...... and pics (where are they ???)
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Bad news john,
The car has only been out of the garage once since Macon...it made it under 100m and stopped, then friendly neighbours pushed it home for me.
The fuel is not getting to the carbs any more, well at a great enough rate, so it primes, starts, runs for a few seconds and then stops, I suspect that the evaporated residues in the tank from when it was standing ( it seems to have had ~ 5 gallons in it when it broke in 1997) have started to disssolve out into the fuel and settled somewhere. There is sticky brown sludge about.
Maybe tank out tomorrow for a clean, new fuel filter and flush out the lines.
I have overhauled the small carb again, new needle valve, float, checked settings, checked all the passages were clear ( using one of my spare carbs to compare against). All should be fine.....
It’s so close to being there.
It also has a new alternator and header tank too, so I have high hopes.
Don’t worry, when it’s working you’ll be the first to know.
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Oh Dear ....... I wondered why I had not heard from you. I have just had a look back at our PM's with reference to a prime switch. I notice that you did fit one, but is it still fitted ? If so, before you remove the tank, it might be worth disconnecting the fuel feed to the carb, attach an extension to the pipe and with the prime switch, run some fuel from the tank straight into a large glass bottle / jug, to see what the fuel looks like.
Again .... if you do have to clean the tank out and clean as many fuel lines out as possible, once all fitted back, it might be worth sacrificing say, a gallon of fresh fuel into a fuel can to wash out the flow meter and anti peculation chamber and associated pipe work fitted under the RH shelf in the engine compartment, with the prime switch. That fuel, depending on its condition, could be used for cleaning purposes (clearly not fuel lines though :) )
Anyway, let us know how you get on.
John
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
PreviousNext

• Advertisement