Moderators: eastlmark, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Well done Will, that's the spirit giving it a go... however, judging by the fact it's only your dad in the pictures doing the work ... lol :wink:

Looks good 8)
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 pm

MFaulks wrote:
simontaylor wrote:Let us know when it's on the black stuff again, will be good to have another turbo to compete with.

Simon, what size exhaust (turbine) A/R housing do you run .48 or .63? Serious question...

Cheers,
Martin

Martin, I just spotted this 'old' question and don't recall answering. How do I tell?
I know I have some sort of ART stage II unit installed???
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Re: E319 JOO

Postby simontaylor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Will wrote:So after 12 months of ownership E319 JOO is well and truly on the road so i thought i'd tell a bit of the story here!

I first came across the car in 2004, it was purchased by a friend of mine from a reputable car dealer in the south east (no names!) My friend discovered within 2 days of owning her that she had major problems!

Holy Smoke. I think this may have been one of the cars I looked at on the Easter weekend of 2004...... but quite frankly it was not the condition I was looking for, so I moved on. Seller seemed a pretty nice chap though.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

Will

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:48 pm

North Wales

Postby Will » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Simon, when my friend purchased the car he paid £2k, it was running but a bit of use showed head gasket failure, he took it to bits and basically the whole rear subframe, bushes etc were all replaced refurbished and the engine was stripped, I then purchased the car off him as he never got round to putting it all back together!
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Martin, I just spotted this 'old' question and don't recall answering. How do I tell?
I know I have some sort of ART stage II unit installed???

Hi Simon, no problem, bit past that now, but more than happy to have a look for you at the meet if you bring your car; if you want, mainly for your own reference .

Cheers ,
Martin
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm

I think this may have been one of the cars I looked at on the Easter weekend of 2004

BH was it really that long ago :shock:
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Will

Rank

Non Member

North Wales

Postby Will » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 pm

more progress from a few weekends ago, attach ancillaries, and get back in the car! Martin came up with the turbo and special pipework!!!

Big thanks to Martin!
no avatar
User

Will

Rank

Non Member

North Wales

Postby Will » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 pm

update on today's adventures, not many pictures but replaced the radiator for an up-rated alloy one with twin fans as many on here have done. fitted an A610 intercooler (not a straight swap and not as big as you would imagine) and started to fabricate bits for the chargecooler, also fitted full race harnesses.

I'll take some more photos!
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:55 am

Looking good Will, I'm looking forward to seeing it blast up the tarmac 8)

Just a thought on the exhaust wrap, is it really a benefit? I heard about it causing more harm than good? As in if moisture gets in behind it then it can rot your pipes :shock:

Where has Martin's hair gone by the way? Your all working the poor man too hard!

1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:49 am

BIG_MVS wrote:Just a thought on the exhaust wrap, is it really a benefit? I heard about it causing more harm than good? As in if moisture gets in behind it then it can rot your pipes

.. yes it probably would eventually on mild steel, but the OE headers are Stainless Steel, as is the rest of the wrapped pipe work. Benefit is engine bay temperature more than anything else, so trying to achieve some heat control than more beans directly by gas speed / energy recovery... I have had it on mild and it seemed to last ok, just depends I guess how and where the car is stored and heat cycles, but I'm pretty sure the pipe work on this will out last the rest of the car, and as you rightly pointed out my hair!!! :lol:

User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 am

I think there is some resemblance here...... :wink: :lol:

84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:45 pm

BIG_MVS wrote:Just a thought on the exhaust wrap, is it really a benefit? I heard about it causing more harm than good? As in if moisture gets in behind it then it can rot your pipes

Years back I was advised by a mate that if I ever wrapped mild steel then I should 'rust cure' then clean again, them paint with HT paint before wrapping or else, as it does seem to speed up existing rust. Especially if it's sat up for a while.
I did it like this on the yellow A310 and that was still fine some 5 years later when it went to spain.
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 pm

phildini wrote:I think there is some resemblance here...... :wink: :lol:

:lol: :P ... that is quite funny!

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:00 am

Will relays....

Injection and pump relay, up rate from the 30A, 12V 40 A for the injection relay best bet, you are now on very low impedance Cossie injectors, so choices:-
Raylex Elec LD-12F
Durite 0-727-64

Sources various Auto Electric Supplies (AES), BL Pneumatics etc

For the charge cooler fan & pump etc of lower duty, then I like the Ripaulto 200102 30A relay with the fuse holder built in for the standard blade auto motive fuses, so you can change the fuse to the rated duty and cable protection dependent on the size cable you use... So you just have the one component to wire up, and have replaceable fuse protection as well. This is a single pole make / break contact than a change over, which is all that is needed. I think AES does them; if not BL will do I forget which now.

So Google and shopping basket is your friend...

Don't forget the ducting for the cooling air and cold air feeds as we have discussed. Don't forget the heat shielding / wrap etc for the waste gate bits'n'bobs...

Cheers,
Martin

User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:01 am

MFaulks wrote:.So Google and shopping basket is your friend...

If you are after relays, try here.

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/36
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
PreviousNext

• Advertisement