F50 GPP ... The Old One, the story begins....

A place to showcase your pride and joy

Moderators: eastlmark, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Re: F50 GPP ... The Old One, the story begins....

Postby MFaulks » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Last edited by MFaulks on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:00 pm

Got bored Martin :D

So here's a spliced and diced version. I built a new PC a while back so I haven't re-installed GIMP for image tweakery, but managed to make a transparency and stretch the image so the values on the axis line up.

Bit scruffy as JonVs old one was a scan and I couldn't adjust for the background colour, but it's pretty bang on accurate and well I think it's interesting..... you can see where the power's made at the top end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Last edited by MFaulks on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:02 pm

I meant I was bored. Are you bored too? Roll on spring and the end of the damp pestilence we know as winter.

Anyway how many PSI boost was it in the end?
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 am

Postby turbell » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:55 pm

Just one question..................how fast does it go mister?
Seriously what does a 400bhp Gta compare to, bearing in mind we know how well the rear engine layout launches, I haven't been in that many 'super cars' probably my brothers old Subaru STi , standard 2007ish I think, 280 bhp?, I'm well experienced with 0-60 in sub 3 sec bikes but that's a different feeling to being in over a ton of mass accelerating.
Suppose I could ask Clee for a ride in JIL when its done this year :D
Congrats, I wish I'd done a bit of dabbling in E200 JVV when it was apart, but never mind, it would have probably still been in bits now !
Better a penniless free man, than a rich prisoner
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Top work Martin.
Love it.
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am

London

Postby John Law » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:32 am

Nice numbers, well done.

I'm hoping you'll turn up at Macon this year, should be some beasts attending! :sarcasm
JL Engineering UK, follow us at facebook.com/jlengineeringuk.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
instagram- jlengineeringuk
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:11 pm

Last edited by MFaulks on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:12 pm

turbell wrote:Just one question..................how fast does it go mister?
Seriously what does a 400bhp Gta compare to, bearing in mind we know how well the rear engine layout launches, I haven't been in that many 'super cars' probably my brothers old Subaru STi , standard 2007ish I think, 280 bhp?, I'm well experienced with 0-60 in sub 3 sec bikes but that's a different feeling to being in over a ton of mass accelerating.
Suppose I could ask Clee for a ride in JIL when its done this year :D
Congrats, I wish I'd done a bit of dabbling in E200 JVV when it was apart, but never mind, it would have probably still been in bits now !

Hi Ryan,

It's really easy to drive, good fun, but I fear not good for the points situation on my license... thankfully it's not my car, but my friends, so I will be keeping well clear... but for normal driving I was going everywhere practically in 5th, dropping down occasionally and just touching the throttle :)

Upgrades always available...

see here - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5612&start=300

... modified ecu ready for 27128A EPROM chip, plus the other electronic mods for a bad Renix 1 :shhh :MoreSarc 6x new injector to match, and the cams... otherwise know as chicken fried rice, no 23 please... :D

from here - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5612&start=300 . Above parts package supplied to TomK - cams, injectors, regulator, modified Renix ecu with upgraded maps, and matching turbo.

I did an upgraded ecu for Dan and Tom Delorean, here: viewtopic.php?t=6895

Update time...

Dan, right here you go, new base board, electronics modified to change the air temp correction coefficients, and the 12 psi boost cut brick wall disabled. Hence, as a base ecu with no map changes this is going to give you more drivable torque as the ignition roll off is reduced, all the modified Renix 1 ecu's out there from me are thus revised. I have modified the board to allow fitment of a 27128A EPROM’s in a chip converter, thus giving you the capability to make MAP changes and blow them into UV erasable ROMs. The chip fitted has copy of the last factory calibration file 601B to get you up and running initially. I have also included an EPROM burnt with some revisions for you to run on an OE setup (turbo, injectors etc), so as soon as you have a feel for the car with the 601B and have shaken everything down, then swap over and give it a bash. You should also be able to adjust the waste gate up for 12-14psi.

Anyway, pictures below, and I'll get it sent back to you soonest...

Cheers,
Martin

I never did hear back with the test on the upgrade to the ecu calibration... so I would be interested in finding a donor to give it a go if you are interested Ryan? This is for effectively a standard motor, than one with cams and turbo upgrades as above, mainly improving the throttle response, mid-range general punch and a bit more top end..

Cheers,
Martin

User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:30 pm

Another Faulksie spec going together as we speak ....you can never have too much Turbo Ryan :up :pray

WP_20150115_003.jpg

WP_20150116_004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:03 pm

Just out of interest....mombo combo number 2

F525 overlaid....clearly I need more boost as you've said before Martin. Just shows the difference in power and torque delivery.
Last edited by darrenbiggs on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Somewhat more clear if I lose JVs brown paper bag scan....
Last edited by darrenbiggs on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:18 pm

What's interesting is that F50s torque figures are really pretty good - all in the cams and head eh Martin?

I had just posted to say how low the low rev figures were but then realised I was muddling the fuzzy lines.... it's really not bad at all for something that revs like that.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:09 pm

BTW Martin - excellent example of how to keep those revs high:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9X69re ... lpage#t=48

(Nicked it off Pistonheads Time for Tea moment)

I'll shut-up now. :silent
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 am

Postby turbell » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:51 pm

clee wrote:Another Faulksie spec going together as we speak ....you can never have too much Turbo Ryan :up :pray

WP_20150115_003.jpg

WP_20150116_004.jpg

Fwoarr,........I reckon if I ebay the kids kidneys ...........................and hang about the bus station toilets for a month..............
MFaulks wrote:I never did hear back with the test on the upgrade to the ecu calibration... so I would be interested in finding a donor to give it a go if you are interested Ryan? This is for effectively a standard motor, than one with cams and turbo upgrades as above, mainly improving the throttle response, mid-range general punch and a bit more top end..

That sounds right up my street Martin, I'm hoping to get the car into the paintshop in the next month. If I don't then it'll have to go on hold 'cos although my paint charver is tops .....sometimes things drag on somewhat ! So come what may I want to be driving it again in the spring.
I have a donor ECU, either the 25T one currently on the car or the bodgeorific one that is awaiting de-bodge, I don't want to go down the mega power road 'cos one thing leads to another but I do think there is a bit more to be had, even if its purely drivability.
Better a penniless free man, than a rich prisoner
PreviousNext

• Advertisement