Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

Re: JL Engineering Bi-Turbo 3.0 Project+full chassis refurb

Postby Miles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:50 am

Lee, Andy,
Thanks for that.
Will look at the pipe insert would seem the easiest solution.
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am

London

Postby John Law » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:05 am

Dave the reason for the rad fans being intermittent is most likely the coolant system having an airlock after not being bled properly. The benefits of running a standalone ecu with new sensors is that in negates the need for lots of modular sensors and controllers like a separate fan switches etc. Was it the dash gauge reading 100 or the real time sensor outputs?

The ecu defaults to 80 degrees limp home when the sensor is disconnected or there is an error so I would look into that rather than patch around it. Its more likely the connector or plug has been disturbed especially as you have been working on this lately.

I've never experienced this problem in years of running cars that all have this system (Alpines, Nissans, Porsche, BMW) and would rebleed the system, check all the connectors and pins first.

If you still want to add another means of controlling the fan why not just put an inline override switch to the relays?
JL Engineering UK, follow us at facebook.com/jlengineeringuk.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
instagram- jlengineeringuk
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks John,
Yes it was probably air causing the issues.
I also spoke to Karl today from emerald and he confirms map is as it should be and in the case of sensor failing the fans would automatically come on regardless of default being below.
But agrees a secondary in line rad switch won't hurt.
Regarding override switch that is on my options list.
And regarding me messing about, haven't road tested it yet, these issues were prior to me getting my soldering iron out.
But so far I now have two chargecooler fans wired up automatically and with an override function, as well as a heater fan that works on all speeds. So making some progress.
And the front bay is looking neater too. Reattached existing relays to bulkhead.
Today I will complete override switch to original rad wiring.
Belt and braces.

Regarding where I was taking my readings from, it was the dash gauge. Which I was watching like a hawk while in a traffic jam and at goodwood.

Dave
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:58 pm

Just had my car remapped at Track'N'road
Jim and Steve did a fantastic job.

IMG-20190605-WA0002.jpeg

Now 3 GTA's at 350hp
Just need Tony Smith V8 to reclaim fastest British Gta. Which is currently held by the John Law extensively modified Twin turbo.
My car
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JL Engineering improved GTA and currently the fastest timed at Bruntingthorpe, 164.4MPH ;)
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:38 am

Old map
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JL Engineering improved GTA and currently the fastest timed at Bruntingthorpe, 164.4MPH ;)
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:46 pm

Looking good and when I have finally finished this rally Citroen Ds21 which is very time consuming and at the moment I wish I hadn’t started it Stage, I will get back to start to build my engine for my Gta which hopefully maybe in those numbers, but I might not get there as I could have had enough of modifications of cars. :crazy
Previous

• Advertisement