no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Re: GTA hillclimbmonster

Postby MFaulks » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:21 am

E M Wynne wrote:...what was the best oil-pickup strainer you decided on ...after your trials...do you have a part no.

I opted for the later 3ltr pick up (don't have a part number), you will need to space and mod the mount brackets to get the right height in the pan. But if you are doing pan mods, then you will need to do this anyway. I cut a 3" circular hole in the side of spare pan with a hole saw to peek through when setting it all up; got a bit of a pan leak now wink :lol: :mrgreen:
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
no avatar
User

E M Wynne

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 07, 2007 5:30 pm

Postby E M Wynne » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Martin,
Yes that,s what I was thinking...maybe evan half a sump pan to get the sizes correct & trap doors to work effectively.
Will bring the suspension & brake parts with me...fronts uppers are next on the design board...allready have lowers on the mid-engine, I moved the wheel centres forward 50mm. so I could use 16" wheels & 255 tyres.
I worked with Kugelfischer pumps when I was building my engines...the pumps work the same principal as deisels, only the fuel distribution is by rising plunger & cam. inside the pump body...To modify the amount of fuel delivery, you change the cam profile, ak Alpina, or some off the old formula 3 engines...quite simple...but getting parts thats differant.
Cheers Eddie.
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:00 pm

kugelfischer injection.... used on lots of BMW engines.... 2002 models etc and race versions M10, M12, I know guys in the uk 1 in Telford and 1 in Swindon who rebuild them for racing, we use an M12-7 in a Lola Prototype, I can give you their details if you want, but be aware..... nothing is cheap......
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:13 am

andyh877 wrote:kugelfischer injection.... used on lots of BMW engines.... 2002 models etc and race versions M10, M12, I know guys in the uk 1 in Telford and 1 in Swindon who rebuild them for racing, we use an M12-7 in a Lola Prototype, I can give you their details if you want, but be aware..... nothing is cheap......

Thanks Andy. I'm going to do some more investigation, as I know the US spring guys manage to modulate the spill somehow, and would like to know a little more how this is achieved, as it might change the hardware, I just don't know.

Cheers,
Martin
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:17 am

E M Wynne wrote:Martin,
Yes that,s what I was thinking...maybe evan half a sump pan to get the sizes correct & trap doors to work effectively.
Will bring the suspension & brake parts with me...fronts uppers are next on the design board...allready have lowers on the mid-engine, I moved the wheel centres forward 50mm. so I could use 16" wheels & 255 tyres.
I worked with Kugelfischer pumps when I was building my engines...the pumps work the same principal as deisels, only the fuel distribution is by rising plunger & cam. inside the pump body...To modify the amount of fuel delivery, you change the cam profile, ak Alpina, or some off the old formula 3 engines...quite simple...but getting parts thats differant.
Cheers Eddie.

Thanks Eddie. I would like to chat a bit more about this, as I mentioned above, the spill scheme has been done,but that's about all I know. So the system is purely rpm driven then in terms of fuel delivery rate, and I pressume the cam plate modulation is against some sort of control spring?

I do think they look great though :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Martin

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:20 am

So heads and things, and all things shiny…

Next job up, convert to twin valve spring arrangement, modify the valve cotter grooves, replacement cotters for the twin spring cap, lighten the spring cap, machine the spring base in the heads to accept and set the correct seat pressure via the installed height, and modify the valve seat angles for the ultimate flow (3 angles on the valve seat…). That all looks like the following:

Loads more to do…

Cheers,
Martin
Last edited by MFaulks on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Last edited by MFaulks on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:22 pm

Previous

• Advertisement