User

Teglen

Rank

Non Member

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Near Salisbury, Wiltshire

Postby Teglen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 pm

blueg33 wrote:Its 1989 if that helps.
In which case the original OE paint would've been either Alpine Blue 488 or Sports Blue 449 according to: http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/ ... odes.htm... because Stratos Blue 436 was stopped after MY88.

Of course. As Lee mentioned, that's not to say it hasn't been resprayed at some point in its life.
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:29 am

clee wrote:
Plug550 wrote:Yup!

Chassis ...529. Stratos Blue with Beige Leather. I had that for a while in 1993. Bought it from Tower Garage in Essex, who had advertised it in The Sunday Times. Sold it on to, I kid you not, a guy called Withnail who clearly "Wanted the finest GTA available to humanity. He wanted it there, and he wanted it then". :lol: He paid £10200 for it, and then promptly drove it through a hedge backwards. I have no idea what happened to it after that, other than that he tried to foist the blame onto me... He must have been related.

Just remembered this ...ignore the bit about the hedge mind :lol: :lol:

This does not make stratos blue a conclusive answer IMO, especially as the colour was stopped after MY1988, unless of course its been resprayed?

In some photo's the paint appears to have a sort of gold hue, but that could be a trick of the light?
Ginetta G33, TVR Tuscan, Audi A6 Quattro, Subaru Outback. Blue GTA Turbo

"If everything feels under control, you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti
no avatar
User

andy001

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Postby andy001 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:19 am

the best place to see the original colour of a car is an area that has probably not been painted such as the inside of the door with the door car removed.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 am

yeh but ...how I know which it is innit :lol:
User

Plug550

Rank

Non Member

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Northamptonshire

Postby Plug550 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 am

blueg33 wrote:
clee wrote:
Plug550 wrote:Yup!

Chassis ...529. Stratos Blue with Beige Leather. I had that for a while in 1993. Bought it from Tower Garage in Essex, who had advertised it in The Sunday Times. Sold it on to, I kid you not, a guy called Withnail who clearly "Wanted the finest GTA available to humanity. He wanted it there, and he wanted it then". :lol: He paid £10200 for it, and then promptly drove it through a hedge backwards. I have no idea what happened to it after that, other than that he tried to foist the blame onto me... He must have been related.

Just remembered this ...ignore the bit about the hedge mind :lol: :lol:

This does not make stratos blue a conclusive answer IMO, especially as the colour was stopped after MY1988, unless of course its been resprayed?

In some photo's the paint appears to have a sort of gold hue, but that could be a trick of the light?

My only observation, and I hope this helps, is that it was Stratos blue in 1993 when I owned it. As it was registered in January 1989, that would make it almost certainly a 1988 car, especially as in my experience, most loitered around RPC showrooms for many months before being sold. The plates don't appear to have been changed since my stewardship, so I would suggest that it probably hasn't been resprayed since either, as 20 quids worth of old number plates would spoil an otherwise expensive job. For what it's worth, it looks does like Stratos blue from the pictures to these failing old eyes :D
A610 & GTA V6 Turbo.
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 am

Great thanks, very logical. That gives me confidence that its Stratos Blue.

Its nearly finished :)

Does anyone have a leather interior up for grabs?

"If everything feels under control, you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti
User

Plug550

Rank

Non Member

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Northamptonshire

Postby Plug550 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:08 am

Beige I hope.... 8)

Only jesting :lol:
A610 & GTA V6 Turbo.
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 am

I know where there is a car off the road with a beige leather interior that may be available. I dont think I am that keen on beige unless the car is dark blue :)

I can but an atmo with leather interior and swap it then sell the atmo, but I am told that tying cash up in cars in not an acceptable solution when hand bags and shoes need purchasing

User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:03 am

If anyone does have one let me know before I take out two sets of interiors ...twice :lol:

I have a car here with full black leather ,might be for sale .I can ask ??
User

jonc

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:08 am

Oxfordshire

Postby jonc » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:16 am

Just back on to the paint code.

Mine is a 1990 (built June 1989, I think) and it's paint code 436, according the sticker next to the headlight.

Does mine look like the same colour, Lee? Sometimes you can see that the blue is different... :?
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 am

Yes ,looks closest to yours Jon but none of the 5 here look the same ..... :?
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:55 am

clee wrote:If anyone does have one let me know before I take out two sets of interiors ...twice :lol:

I have a car here with full black leather ,might be for sale .I can ask ??

Ask away. I will swap for leather at some point, may as well be now :)

User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Asked but he's not sure atm .Depends on a few other deals in the pipeline :wink:
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Seems a bit of a risk/PITA to buy a GTA just for the interior. If you can wait as discussed by Clee I might be selling the interior out of mine. The one you have in the car doesn't look too bad to be honest, I could put up with it. Here it is when it was in an A610 a few years back:

1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:34 pm

BIG_MVS wrote:Seems a bit of a risk/PITA to buy a GTA just for the interior. If you can wait as discussed by Clee I might be selling the interior out of mine. The one you have in the car doesn't look too bad to be honest, I could put up with it. Here it is when it was in an A610 a few years back:

The one in the car is not as good as it looks! The front seats are two different types, the driver's seat isn't even a renault seat and the yellow piping is not to my taste.

I dont have to do the interior now, but it does make sense to do it as Lee has to take out the existing seats anyway.

So I can wait and make it a future project, along with the wheels

PreviousNext

• Advertisement