User

AreTee

Rank

Non Member

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Lincoln

A310 V6 Rear Springs

Postby AreTee » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Decided that it was time to put some sport springs onto the rear of my A310 V6 to go with the front ones that I bought and fitted the other year and hopefully give a better balance to the car and eliminate the softly sprung rear. So I ordered a pair of Eibach springs from Simon Auto, but when they arrived I thought something was wrong as they looked nothing like what was on the car as shown below.

After some correspondence Andreas at Simon Auto assured me that the springs were correct and upon checking closer it did seem that they would fit so I took the plunge and had some bottom springs carriers made at work and dismantled the car. Here are the new (blue) and old (black) springs,

Here is a photo of the finished installation.

Does anyone else have these type of springs on their A310 - they upper mount says Spax M73E and from the internet some links come through to Cobra replicas?

Rob
User

AreTee

Rank

Non Member

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Lincoln

Postby AreTee » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Forgot hpow to upload photos so here is another attempt with the photos this time:

Before:

Springs:

After:

Rob
[/img]
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:42 pm

I've just finished reassembling the suspension on the A310 and here's a photo of the offside rear from a similar position to your photos. The rear springs on the car are 152 mm overall diameter at the top and 148 mm at the base with a wire diameter of 15 mm. The free length is 372 mm and compresses to 285 mm long assembled to the shock absorber when not loaded, as in the photo.
My car is a Phase 1 with 3 stud wheels and the suspension differs, in some respects, to your 4 stud car.

• Advertisement