blueg33

Rank

Non Member

Wed May 30, 2012 12:14 pm

United Kingdom

F43 RTP

Postby blueg33 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Here she is looking good in the sun.

The wheels really need finishing off, they p**s me off every time I look at the car, but I will get that in hand.

Lee did a great job engine and chassis wise, she goes very well for an old thing.

Just the niggles to sort out now, which are mainly: windscreen surround, cracked rear light, courtesy light lens, door release solenoid, new rad, turbo coolant pipe, eratic speedo, new carpets.......actually the list seems quite long

Ginetta G33, TVR Tuscan, Audi A6 Quattro, Subaru Outback. Blue GTA Turbo

"If everything feels under control, you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti
no avatar
User

andy001

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Postby andy001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 pm

thats a short list for an alpine :lol:
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Looking Good Nick!

I'm in 2 minds on the centre cap on or off. The rears look great with the caps off but the fronts not so IMO.

Also again with my preference I like the lower leading edge of the sill to be the original black/dark grey like it came new from the factory:

It's something you can do yourself if you wanted to with a bit of masking paper.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 pm

BIG_MVS wrote:Looking Good Nick!

I'm in 2 minds on the centre cap on or off. The rears look great with the caps off but the fronts not so IMO.

Also again with my preference I like the lower leading edge of the sill to be the original black/dark grey like it came new from the factory:

It's something you can do yourself if you wanted to with a bit of masking paper.

I hadnt realised that the lower part of the sill should be dark grey, but it looks better like that, it will be a job for warmer weather :) I tried to buy the car from KGF classics, but someone from France got there before me :(

The wheels are a tricky one, as you say, rears look good.

For me I like the cosmetics to be right as well as the mechanicals

"If everything feels under control, you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:38 pm

I don't do paint and I don't do tiny screws :wink: :lol:

I am trying to find all the niggle bits but the interior light cover only has one clip and the smoked cover is not there and the other broke in half .
If anyone has the following then can they please let Nick or I have them .

Interior courtesy light cover
Small screws for the windscreen scuttle panel (most are missing) Wndscreen trim
Cover for the remote receiver (the smoked plastic thing)
Small screws for the side vents - this will help finish them off, even though they are now bonded
2 x wheel caps and the bolts to fit FOUND
Door release solenoid passenger side
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 pm

I can probably help with the screws, not got anything else though I'm afraid. I'll have a look in the next few days.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 pm

clee wrote:I don't do paint and I don't do tiny screws :wink: :lol:

I am trying to find all the niggle bits but the interior light cover only has one clip and the smoked cover is not there and the other broke in half .
If anyone has the following then can they please let Nick or I have them .

Interior courtesy light cover
Small screws for the windscreen scuttle panel (most are missing) Wndscreen trim
Cover for the remote receiver (the smoked plastic thing)
Small screws for the side vents - this will help finish them off, even though they are now bonded
2 x wheel caps and the bolts to fit FOUND
Door release solenoid passenger side

Thanks Lee. I think Andy is sorting the interior light and smoked cover for me from the atmo, just waiting a pm from him. Nice one on the centre caps :)

Windscreen surround is the tricky one. They cost £££. All the others I can find,. need screen out to fit, the orignal one can be fitted screen in (I know I have fitted 66% of one)

User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:11 am

I thought it was just the bolts missing for 2 caps .There were 4 center caps ,I found them on ebay a few months ago .
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:06 am

Small screws for the windscreen scuttle panel BUY THEM ON FLEABAY, I GOT THEM IN STAINLESS STEEL.
Wndscreen trim JUST USE UNIVERSAL ONE THEY ARE VERY GOOD THESE DAYS
Door release solenoid passenger side SORRY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE SMALL SQUARE SWITCH TYPE THING, IF SO YOU CAN BUY THEM NEW FROM MAPLIN ETC...
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:31 pm

phildini wrote:Small screws for the windscreen scuttle panel BUY THEM ON FLEABAY, I GOT THEM IN STAINLESS STEEL.
Wndscreen trim JUST USE UNIVERSAL ONE THEY ARE VERY GOOD THESE DAYS
Door release solenoid passenger side SORRY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE SMALL SQUARE SWITCH TYPE THING, IF SO YOU CAN BUY THEM NEW FROM MAPLIN ETC...

Thanks

I need to know the screw size for the windscreen scuttle before I order them. I will use black ones to match the original

I don't know on the door release, but the inside door handle does not open the door. The relay clicks

Windscreen trim. Struggling to find the right profile, do you have a link please?

Ta

N

User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:27 pm

blueg33 wrote: I need to know the screw size for the windscreen scuttle before I order them. I will use black ones to match the original

I don't know on the door release, but the inside door handle does not open the door. The relay clicks

Windscreen trim. Struggling to find the right profile, do you have a link please?

I have some screws left I can send one to you if you want. From what I remember they were different sizes in length.

When I get home, I will take the details & Pic of what I used in the past to fix the problem.

No link for windscreen rubber as I use a windscreen man that comes to my work. I can get you some if you can't find any.

TRY THESE GUYS
http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-14-rubber.aspx

OR AMAZON
http://www.amazon.co.uk/windscreen-rubb ... B007T617QY
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks thats brilliant. The one on amazon is ideal. I didnt think to look there

no avatar
User

andy001

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Postby andy001 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:19 pm

the rubber seal on amazon is too wide, i may have a piece left from the last job, i'll see if i can find it and send it to you. it will give you an idea of what you need to be looking for.
i think i have said this before go to a local windscreen company show them the car and see which rubbers they can offer you. get the screen removed fit a new rubber and then bond it all back in...simples :wink:
User

blueg33

Rank

Non Member

United Kingdom

Postby blueg33 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 am

You have said that before. Trouble is that its DIY for me at the moment. i have spent too much on cars in the last 2 months

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:38 am

Andy's only trying to help, and possibly would have been your best bet to get the paint and cosmetics finished off in the first place... he is the resident expert on here for that and very reasonable on cost, at the end of the day, get what you pay for - period :wink:
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
Next

• Advertisement