User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am

London

Postby John Law » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks for all the complimentary replies guys, hopefully Tom will be pleased with the results.

Clee- Coilover topmounts I am currently machining manually but we will eventually get a batch of 20 sets CNC machined to save time. Let me know how many you need.

The heat shields are £190.00 each. I am adding a group buy in the for sale section that has the applied discount. They take two weeks to turnaround.

Martin-Yes this has the twin-reg setup. Toms fuel lines have been completely changed from these two back. I can make up as little or as much as you need. We needed to change the hardline from the pump and the return as they were so corroded. The new flexi lines are stainless steel braided.
Here's a similar setup I've previously done.
JL Engineering UK, follow us at facebook.com/jlengineeringuk.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
instagram- jlengineeringuk
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby John Law » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:14 pm

I've finished assembling the freshly coated subframe and suspension components ready for the spruced up engine and gearbox to be reunited with. Now for the whole assembly to go back in the car.

This is the new Spax front suspension with new oem shock absorber bottom mounts and the billet alloy topmount and 2.25'' spring ready to go.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:26 am

Ragnotti Drift wrote:...............Clee- Coilover topmounts I am currently machining manually but we will eventually get a batch of 20 sets CNC machined to save time. Let me know how many you need. ......

John you know I need the above. Will these top mounts also fit standard set up? and are they the same for 610 and GTA?

Also don't forget the gearbox scoop, I think that would be a nice touch in alloy or stainless 8) :wink:
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 am

Only problem with the scoop, if you hit it, it will be cream crackered, and pretty nasty if you ran over some thing / someone...
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:01 pm

MFaulks wrote:..Only problem with the scoop, if you hit it, it will be cream crackered, and pretty nasty if you ran over some thing / someone...

If you make the edge really sharp, I can then use the Alp to cut the grass :wink:

If someone ends up that far under my car they would be cream crackered already :lol:
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:00 pm

John you know I need the above

Oy, where are my top mounts?!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Postby phildini » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:28 pm

stephendell wrote:
John you know I need the above

Oy, where are my top mounts?!

In the scrap bin :wink:
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby John Law » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi Phil, these alloy topmounts are to convert the coilovers to the 2.25'' springs, they can be used on GTA's or 610's.

A few pics to illustrate an issue I have come across on a few GTA's. The driveshaft should have an aluminium ring pressed on it for the wheel bearing seal to seat against. A number of cars including this one has had one missing, seems strange as the some of the cars show no sign of ever having the wheel bearings changed but wouldn't have been left off at the factory? Obviously without this ring the grease leaks out and grit gets in killing the bearings.

Anyways, I've replaced it along with the correct 03 part number rear wheel bearings.
Before.

The sealing ring.

After.

Received a few more parts that will certainly tidy up the front end.

Fitted up the coilovers and then the new Le Mans brake kit.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby John Law » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Been busy with lots of small time consuming jobs but have got the front end back together now with lots of new parts and hardware throughout. The new four pot front brakes and vented disks are on. Once the braided flexi lines turn up then the system can be bled. The rears also have new custom handbrake cables to actuate the internal mechanism. Anti roll bar bushes were looking pretty haggered so fitted nice new ones front and rear.

twitter- jlengineeringuk
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:21 am

Hi John,

Coming together well :-). Will you be keeping the factory suspension geometry front and rear, or will you be changing it at all, and if so where out of interest?

Thanks,
Martin
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Re: JL Engineering Le Mans Restoration

Postby John Law » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Hey Martin, the geometry will be dialled in to factory settings. It will be up to Tom if he fancies lowering it when he gets it home.

We decided to bin the existing fuel pump as it was in pretty bad shape. I swapped it out for a used bosch 044 I had in stock that's in a lot better condition. Brackets and mounting points had to be modified as the original parts and fittings were past their best to say the least.

The new braided brake lines have all finally arrived so its brake bleeding time at last!
twitter- jlengineeringuk
Previous

• Advertisement