User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Re: RATS' Test Mule

Postby JohnC » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:53 pm

clee wrote:The fuel pump relay when 'off ' flips the water pump relay timer bullocks so could this be in the mix ??

Nearly..... Fuel pump relay when off, supplies the 12v to the contacts of the "Coolant pump Authorisation relay" which is energised by switching off the ign, via the Central Accessory Unit's timer, which holds the relay coil energised for the coolant pump to operate for a set period of time.
So when the fuel pump relay is at rest, the Coolant Pump relay plays no part in the operation of the fuel pump in priming or running conditions.
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Shakedown continues .

Now then ....watch out for them there new bits :lol:
I knew I should stay true to my old 'make-do' don't tart it up school of thought :twisted:
Thin white duke to the Michelin man

bigger ....Crappy re-grind plastic or too thin a wall section but it's off and the old grubby one back on and all is well again .Goes like stink for a std car but has a bit of a flat spot and a very noticeable lag .
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Ohh and now the sound system has sprung back to life :shock: 8)

I'd left it switched on but was no joy until today when all of a sudden I hear this strange noise ...wtf ?? Asian network on full chat and some crazy sitar shizzle blasting out .Now ...given I now know it's history a bit better it all makes sense :mrgreen:
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:12 am

clee wrote:Shakedown continues .

I knew I should stay true to my old 'make-do' don't tart it up school of thought :twisted:

bigger ....Crappy re-grind plastic or too thin a wall section but it's off and the old grubby one back on and all is well again .Goes like stink for a std car but has a bit of a flat spot and a very noticeable lag .

Didn't think I was imagining it!

I still haven't put my old one back on, but it did spend the other night full of hot water and a dishwasher tablet and the inside is now sparkling clean. Colour is a bit yellow still on the outside but it'll do.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Further tarting + testing turbo today .
Plumbed in a proper gauge and it's holding good at 9psi ,11 psi pre throttle so more or less std .I've got a day a Scoffs next Sunday so will see what she does and pop in a few more psi if it will allow ..... see what we get atw :twisted:
It does seem to go well though or perhaps it's just me not having given one any real abuse for a few years .All the ones I've driven of late are either on new lumps or shakedown after full rebuild so .......
Found some better trim to pop on as the existing had been painted gloss black and had reacted and cracked ..I still need to get a strip of vinyl to hide the screen de-lam .
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Std car 100k on the clock 8) 150 atw more or less .
Flat spot around 3k ..Think it may be more clutch related than owt else .Put a good few miles on now and a apart from a couple of small water pipe leaks it's all running well .
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:04 pm

Good result Bro.

Car looked well at Chez MVS this afternoon, I do like them in Black think it really suits the GTA. 8)
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Spot on for a standard car 8)

BigM... thought you always said silver cars not black? :P
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Yes ,more than happy with that :mrgreen:

But ...I think I will have those cams off you MoFo and rebuild a lump for it over the winter :twisted: It won't be coming off the road until it's all ready for a good weekend swap ...learnt my lesson on that front .Sent bits off to SEP to be cleaned,tested and a dome height drop
Got to tot up the expenses on it but not too crazy with total new brake system all round ,two tyres and a wheel refurb ..spend approx 750 so far .
I have all the refurbed running gear for front and rear ,new bearings,balljoints etc so plan is to swap the fronts out soon with a set of GAZ .Then do the rear as a whole once lump is done .
News is I shall be in bigger unit end of Nov and JIL will be transported to there and we WILL get on with it in earnest :P
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:26 pm

clee wrote:Shakedown continues .

Of any interest Clee or could it have the same weakness.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-ALPIN ... 5d3bd006af
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:31 am

johnb wrote:Of any interest Clee or could it have the same weakness.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-ALPIN ... 5d3bd006af

Best bet, ask Bob, he's the owner of CGB, and he's a member on here now I think, certainly on the forum as he's posted. If there is a quality issue, I'm sure he will work to get it sorted, and good for all.
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Ahh yes ...I returned them all to Bob for a full refund The GM supplier ones were OK .You can spot the difference as the 'dodgy' ones do not have the level indicator tube directly below the filler neck .
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 am

Thanks to Mr Dell I have some springs for test build .
Looks like 10" front and rear should be good for the job now just need to fit a set with a good guess poundage :mrgreen: These here are 350lbs so should be a start point for the rears .
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Clee have you weighed them out of interest ...whats the weight saving between the old and new? Not important on a road car but if your trying to lose as much weight as possible its easier to buy dampers rather than pay for liposuction :oops: :) obviously less weight for the damper to control too.

cheers

Si21
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:08 pm

Not weighed them but there's not much in it .Slightly lighter but not worth shouting about .Certainly better off cutting out the pies :mrgreen:
I've been cutting down the ale of late and lost a few kilos without blinking .....
Previous

• Advertisement