no avatar
User

BobFromNorway

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: Yes, Norway !

Postby BobFromNorway » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:31 am

Car is finally finished reassembly, so far, so good.

Runs strong even when holding a light right foot to break it in.

Only issues so far, a leaking driveshaft seal which I must have pinched on installation, a tiny coolant drip which I haven't quite been able to pinpoint, and the valve train is much noisier than it was before so I need to double check the clearances, set it up as per the book but maybe need to nit them up just a tad.

So hopefully that'll cover it, when it goes up in the air to get the oil changed at the first 100 miles I'll get the reverse llight swich changed, which I destroyed refitting the motor, also discovered that the oil pressure sender actually has a rust hole in it although it would seem to work, so I've got a replacement here, then I'll pop the shaft and change out the seal.

Hasn't stopped raining here for two months, and now it looks like winter is arriving so really can't see the car being out much this year, but glad to have it done and out of the way.

Next year, onward and upward, will see if I've got the time to start thinking about painting it maybe.
1987 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 V6 Twin Turbo
1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6
1987 Honda VFR 750F
2001 Audi A6 2.5 Allroad daily driver
Previous

• Advertisement