clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Europa Cup car at RATS'

Postby clee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:42 am

This has just arrived in the RATCAVE .
Authentic EC shell it seems but we have a fair bit of work ahead to make it right .Re-convert to LHD and a big wants list of 'special' parts .Main one being the 4 unique wheels .
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Re: Europa Cup car at RATS'

Postby darrenbiggs » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:00 pm

So can you get any clues about the geometry from this car to apply to the Rat mule?
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:24 pm

In a word ...no

It is only the shell ,no other parts came with it but I've been digging and now believe it's what it purports to be .
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Is this the one that was for sale recently on eBay?
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Number and history tallies with car 0036 ex legeay sports and there is a plaque on the floor crossmember to further support this that reads LSM = Legeay Sports Mecanique so must be that car.

Bought by Paul Sage from Michel at VEC racing in 1998/1990 he recalls. Again reputed at the time to be Legeay Sports Mecanique car from 86/87 season.

Some poor bigger in France already thinks he owns this car but unless you are prepared to cut the top off the turret (which you're not normally going to want to do!) there is no other way to be sure... Wonder what his says underneath
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Does one of the photos not show exactly that.
I.e a new plate welded on the top of the turret?
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:49 pm

I asked Lee to cut off the plate to see what was underneath.

Point is owner of the other car was unlikely to have doine this when he bought it...
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:54 am

you want me to get Antoine to call his friend Patrick Legeay for some info?
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:07 am

Could be an idea. Thanks!

Europa Cup 20036 1986.png

Here's the car as it last ran in 1986. Driven by De Lesseps. Don't think it ran in any later seasons but maybe Patrick can confirm.

Aim is to restore in this livery unless Andy/Antoine uncover evidence of this chassis running in a later livery.

Paul sage confirms it was definitely white on collection and is looking for the photos.

100% car 36.

The French Europa Cup registrar confirms the other guy who claims to own it worked one time as a mechanic for Michel the guy Paul Sage bought the car from. Presumably he remembered it being sold to the UK and some years later thought it safe to make a clone. Maybe he came across the VIN plates in a drawer... Who knows. No doubt he had access to the parts as well.

Fortunately they forgot to remove the stamped VIN number (or didn't know it was there) and the Legeay chassis plate from the floor. Bet if you remove the trurret reinforcement from the "other" car there's nothing underneath (or a different number!).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Better pic of the turret top and rubbed down back to the original paint .
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:20 am

I love how Steve has turned this from a "Ringer" buyer beware pre ebay auction end, into "Genuine Europa Cup no 36" :super you make me chuckle Steve.

Someone has had a right result then in the end by the look of it. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Out of interest is there still a Historic race series for 80's cars still that a GTA could race in? Would be good to see that one day...
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:50 am

BIG_MVS wrote:
Out of interest is there still a Historic race series for 80's cars still that a GTA could race in? Would be good to see that one day...

yes Patrick Legeay has one which is being raced at the moment it was in on the rolling road being fettled earlier on this week

i'll post up pics when Antoine releases them on his site,

this was also in too.....
the owner of this car originally sold the shell in question in this thread to mr sage originally......
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:17 am

love how Steve has turned this from a "Ringer" buyer beware pre ebay auction end, into "Genuine Europa Cup no 36" you make me chuckle Steve.

Was all a bit of a gamble for the buyer really but seems to have turned out ok. Still has to lose the ringer q plate and be re-registered properly if possible.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Jungle drums are a rumbling on this one over in France but unless they cut through the turret and show me da money I aint buying the tales of USA cars and crash test dummies ......Mmm,Mmm,Mmm,Mmm....Mmm,Mmm,Mmm,Mmm....

Car now pretty much stripped for inspection and re conversion ...Parts list ...Mr Dell .....
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:41 pm

I've got something you might want to put on this as a little detail, a Renault Berex Engine plate (numbered development engine, I had the engine, all u/s, kept the plate), I believe (open to be corrected) that these were the cup engines, as many parts were marked up as cup... anyway, this is the ID plate that goes on the side of the block :

... and yes I did find it in my garage without moving my feet, lol... :silent
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
Next

• Advertisement